• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

91 nsx salvage, how much am i looking at to fix?

This would be a great basis for a pure race car. If you can get the car for <10k.
Or part it out.

Reminds me of threads posted in Ferrari forums stating;
I can fix this (picture included) all I need is a parts car.
With the response; "Dude; THAT IS the parts car"

Wow, tough crowd. Considering that the rest of the car is suppose to be in good shape, it doesn't look that bad to me. Everything you guys are making fun of will be ripped out so who cares what it looks like. The wrecking yard next door to my work has two NSX parts cars, both with complete or near complete interiors. No way it would be $10k in parts. They don't sell dash boards very often so they'd deal on that, seats aren't that hard to find, yada yada. It wouldn't be cheap or easy, but I wouldn't write it off just because it has an ugly interior. Would I buy it? No way, but I just don't need another project. I wouldn't talk anyone else out of buying it...

Dan

These cars can be money pits real quick.....even if you do get some of the parts used there is still a lot of work, time and money needed into the car....yeah sure you can buy used seats, dash etc.....but they might not be in the condition that you want them in....then you end up having to recover the seats again because the used seats are tore up......

I think everyone is trying to look out for the guy, this car looks like it needs some major work and on top of that its not just need a seat and dash to put it back together......and if you are like other owners like me who want the car to be as clean as possible....then its going to cost money to make it look new or clean.....if the interior is like that then what of the engine? thats a whole new can of worms right there......

This car is good for a track rat, but if you got the time, money and patience to do this then go for it......most people would pass and buy a clean one that doesnt need money to be into making it normal.....we rather spend our money on mods and not fixing back to normal......

If he buys this car for 5-10k then maybe i can see im dumping 10-15k to make it right....but it needs a lot of parts and i bet theres a lot of things to replace.......and every little part on the car adds up......I can attest to that.......and if you don't have the time and means to do the work yourself then you can also add labor to that......

These cars can be money pits real quick.....even if you do get some of the parts used there is still a lot of work, time and money needed into the car....yeah sure you can buy used seats, dash etc.....but they might not be in the condition that you want them in....then you end up having to recover the seats again because the used seats are tore up......

I think everyone is trying to look out for the guy, this car looks like it needs some major work and on top of that its not just need a seat and dash to put it back together......and if you are like other owners like me who want the car to be as clean as possible....then its going to cost money to make it look new or clean.....if the interior is like that then what of the engine? thats a whole new can of worms right there......

This car is good for a track rat, but if you got the time, money and patience to do this then go for it......most people would pass and buy a clean one that doesnt need money to be into making it normal.....we rather spend our money on mods and not fixing back to normal......

If he buys this car for 5-10k then maybe i can see im dumping 10-15k to make it right....but it needs a lot of parts and i bet theres a lot of things to replace.......and every little part on the car adds up......I can attest to that.......and if you don't have the time and means to do the work yourself then you can also add labor to that......

Plus it's going to have a salvage title.:eek:

p

This car will make a perfect track rat, and to the original creator of that abortion of a NSX must've been on some gooooooooooooood crack.

Must have been the crack that did him in then!:eek::biggrin: I'm with eddy on this one big time. His reply was much more detailed than mine. Nice of you Edidy.

Last edited:
Back