• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

Stick-e-rice said:
You need to give Ryan a break, just spoke to him on the phone. He is legit and his car did come with Type S seats which hes talking to the guy he sold it to if I can buy it back. Ryan is a friend of mine so I don't really appreciate all these unnecessary comments, but I told Ryan all you can control is yourself, you can't control others. The Buddhists say if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself, for your own benefit.

On the personal side of things, are Ryan and Mr. Stick-e-rice still friends?

On the personal side of things, are Ryan and Mr. Stick-e-rice still friends?

:biggrin: :biggrin:

... The Buddhists say if you don't have anything nice to say, keep it to yourself, for your own benefit.

I would not make it as a Buddhist.

... I am liquidating 80% of my assets and moving back to Thailand for good.

Ryan is a great guy, he was just trying to help Stick-e liquidate his assets...

Just so that the new owner knows how to "follow his money", does this mean that Ryan still has the $2800 that Stick-E paid for what was supposed to be your fees? Also, is your arrangement with Ryan and he pays you for your services or is Stick-E expected to pay you directly?
you suppose to the be educated lawyer,but cant read the part in caps that said "I DID NOT RECIEVE A DIME OF YOUR 2800!!!!"

i was contracted by ryan,i didnt get a dime from ryan cause i didnt get the title yet.Ryan is the one who is paying me,not sticky rice

What a mess, can we all Agree that "Stick-e-rice" got SCREWED? ... then "frankM" also got "screwed" -but not as much as Stick-e-rice- and now in some hot waters? .. while "Ryan" was a really really "smart" guy that sold an old illegal NSX that has a seat on the wrong side like is a ---big f***g deal--? ...

Not only that but also Ryan used NSXPRIME to LIE in our faces, wow

I hate this thread, hate it, I hate how Stick-e-rice didn't listen to a lot of senior members here, I hate how he TRUSTED that NO-ONE, i hate it, @ this point I don't care no more, I hope losers like Ryan don't show up here anymore, and we all learn that UNLESS the member has references, don't F**G DO IT ..... ARGHHHHH

Oscar

I'm with Oscar on this - it's really too bad. However - we have a thread that is going on and on and for the last several days of this StickeRice is absent?

I am wondering just what the heck is happening with him. He's the one that is "getting screwed" because of who, his "friend Ryan" - and there's a second party trying to get the title worked out - that would be Frank. So where is Ryan and where is the guy we're trying to help - StickeRice???

I tell you if this thing ever gets worked out it will be a surprise but it could happen but for 2 years??? this has been going on - I didn't think it had been that long.

Anyway guys if I were you I wouldn't post another thing till "Sticke" comes out and posts again. I'm not able to help much here but - if the guy everyone's trying to help is just too busy to even show up on this thread then maybe he just has to lie in the bed he made. I'm sorry "Sticke" wasn't smart enough to listen to the sage advice on this when it was given - and apparently this Ryan was/is a friend of his - so I'd say Sticke has a problem that none of us can solve for him. I mean really guys what the heck are any of us doing for Sticke? He's stuck man - and he's the one that let Ryan talk him into this mess - Frank M is trying to work this out but it sounds awfully darned complicated and it also sounds like Ryan is holding the money. If Ryan was a decent person he'd refund Sticke's money and take his stupid problem vehicle back - but I bet like so many of these deals there is another side to this we don't know.

I'm sorry for Sticke but he "just didn't listen" - too bad - and this thread for me is "over and out"! Scionara! Adios! Farewell! and Good Luck!:rolleyes:

What a mess, can we all Agree that "Stick-e-rice" got SCREWED? ... then "frankM" also got "screwed" -but not as much as Stick-e-rice- and now in some hot waters? ..

I think the jury is still out on who got "screwed". After reading, or at least trying to read, these posts it seems like an "illegal" car was imported from Canada into New York, had dealer tags on it because it was not capable of being registered in New York, was sold to the left coast where it also could not be titled "as is", had to be run through an intermediary in Florida who never actually had possession of the car and then who attempts to title the car in South Carolina despite it never "setting foot" in that state.

Importing of these "grey market" cars always comes with a risk so I don't really see anyone actually "getting screwed" depending upon what promises were made and who ends up keeping "the money".

There appears to be "loopholes" in the motor vehicle laws of certain states that enables those with "initiative" (aka financial incentive) to manipulate the system and be able to title what otherwise might be considered an "illegal import". Presumably the parties involved in this transaction were aware of the potential complications since Ryan knew he couldn't title the car in NY and needed dealer tags, Stick E knew about the pedigree of the car and its potential title issues and Frank is "in the business" of making these grey market cars legitimate by processing titles through states in which the car never even drove through.

Sounds like a risky investment that requires a convoluted process to make it pay off.

Last edited:
I supplied Stick-e-rice with the contact info of Sean Morris, a personal friend and a guy who's familiar with RHD cars, having worked with the DOT back in the day when Motorex was legalizing Skylines (and no he was not involved at all the the later scandals at MX), RBMotoring, and maintains a very good blog on illegal cars seized during the Kaizo debacle. I have all the confidence that Sean would be able to help here, but so far no indication that he's been contacted.

:confused:

Update on the Kaizo Skylines debacle:
http://www.2009gtr.com/2010/11/kaizo-update-paperwork-filed-in-plea.html
The LA Times just published an article on Kaizo, and Daryl Alison filing paperwork for a guilty plea on the misdemeanor charge of removing markings from an imported vehicle. Kaizo Industries agreed to plead guilty for a violation of the Clean Air Act for failing to file proper paperwork on imported Nissan Skylines, and other right hand drive imported vehicles.

"The defendants allegedly put bogus 17-digit Vehicle Identification Numbers on the cars in place of the actual Nissan VIN plate," the statement read. "To avoid California’s stricter registration and emission requirements, many of the cars were registered out of the state and sold to California residents with Florida and Arizona plates."
Federal and state investigators seized three Nissan Skylines last year after executing a search warrant at Kaizo Industries. The cars did not meet U.S. environmental and safety standards.
They confiscated nine other vehicles in connection with the probe, including what federal officials described as the “hero” car from the fourth installment of "The Fast and the Furious” movie series.

Kaizo is closed, and has been closed since July 2009, when its offices were raided by several government agencies, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

For more information on the Kaizo drama, you can check out some of my past postings. There are many individuals that imported car bodies though Kaizo, and what happens to them remains to be seen. Overall, its a very small number of vehicles in the grand scheme of vehicles sold, or imported to the US. Since this first started, the early R32 GT-R's have turned 21 years old, and are EPA exempt for importation. In a few years, these first R32 GT-R's will be 25 years old and DOT exempt. The only thing these seizures are doing, are hurting individual owners, tax payers. Most of these cars are just recreational vehicles for the owners. Most are driven only a few thousand miles a year, if at all. The 1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R is even listed on the "Show or Display" exemption, however EPA requirements make meeting those standards nearly impossible. Show or Display allows the car to be DOT Exempt.

The Nissan Skyline has become, and always was a big target. Do we really need law enforcement going after these few cars, cherished by the owners, rather than other bigger, more dangerous elements in our society? Thanks ICE, I feel safer already.

Source: LA Times Blog

Again, how it relates to this thread is that RHD cars like the Skylines and NSX, are not above the law for being allowed on US soil. I wonder how Stick-e'Rice's car is doing?

Last edited:
I wonder how Stick-e'Rice's car is doing?

Me too! I was hoping for an update when I saw this hit the forum again.

Those were the days; Ryan taking pics kneeling down with Sharpied "to all you haterz on Prime" sign, ball cap on backwards like all my credible friends rock theirs.

I miss the old days...

Those were the days; Ryan taking pics kneeling down with Sharpied "to all you haterz on Prime" sign, ball cap on backwards like all my credible friends rock theirs.

I miss the old days...

The only person I want to hear from on this is Stickerice! He's the one that was in hot water and he's been absent for a long time. Nothing new here! :rolleyes:

The only person I want to hear from on this is Stickerice! He's the one that was in hot water and he's been absent for a long time. Nothing new here! :rolleyes:

Definitely looking for a update on this... Maybe Stickerice is in jail bcuz of that car... anyone know the details regarding this? Hopefully he just moved back to Thailand and doesn't have internet where he lives. :confused:

I am awaiting to hear back from stick-e-rice. For proper aproach.

Anatoly, you and I have had our differences in this thread. Lets put it behind us and go on. I would prefer this thread to continue to help out stick-e-rice. Lets stay on topic folks.

nothing from stick-e-rice yet

And you are a hero?

I miss the old days...

An old favo thread revived! Excellent winter-boredom reading for all newbs and old(er) Cling-Ons. Please, don't make me hafta go back and review all of this - too rich!
Ohhh, O K, I will.
Just where is Ryan, et al, these days? Any more RHD perfectly legal JDM to Canada to NY mochines brought in?
:biggrin:

Alum, I was wondering who brought this one back up - still no word from Sticke or Oyagi? This thing is dead as a door nail - it was one of those fun threads though - I remember it at the time. I just hate this old hanging threads that never are finished up so there is an end to the story, don't you? Keeps a "cowboy" awake at nite.

I'll keep my eye on this one just to see if anyone that knows anything picks it up and gives us the final outcome! Inquiring minds want to know!:biggrin:

I'm just as curious as everyone else! I gave stickerice a very good contact in the rhd business and haven't heard anything from him since. My contact also said stickerice never contacted him. Last I heard of this car it was being prepared by Stmpo but that was before Ross's implosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so no I am not dyslexic.

Ahhhhh, the good 'ol RHD NSX debate in the good 'ol USA....
here's a word to live by my red/white/blue friends: ILLEGAL

Your DMV has the right to: not only impound your car, but to crush it aswell, as it is not permissible on US soil until 2016....

Last edited:
Ahhhhh, the good 'ol RHD NSX debate in the good 'ol USA....
here's a word to live by my red/white/blue friends: ILLEGAL

Your DMV has the right to: not only impound your car, but to crush it aswell, as it is not permissible on US soil until 2016....

Welllllllll technically 2015. The first ones in Japan were 1990.

If I get stationed in Japan in late 2012, you can guess what I'm going to be bringing home with me. :biggrin:

Welllllllll technically 2015. The first ones in Japan were 1990.

If I get stationed in Japan in late 2012, you can guess what I'm going to be bringing home with me. :biggrin:

A bride? :eek:

Apologize in advance, but you left yourself vulnerable there!

Wow this thread would make a hit reality drama. im considering printing it out and making a book out of it for those long flights.

I'm at a loss, as I can sense you are from the sarcasm. I read the first two pages of this thread for the first time today. Um, my head exploded. After I skipped to the last page to read the end (because I just couldn't take it anymore), I wondered what in the world happened in between. I then scrolled a few pages back. Low an behold, my head exploded again. I just can't read long drawn out sentences with no punctuation no end in sight no proper grammar or spehling and no real argument for anything jenuine so for the purpose this thread serves I am not at all interested and will no longer be a part of it I am done vamoose so long so later.

Well, I just say here and read through the entire thread. I smelled the scam from the first post and unfortunately, it was.

I also met this "Ryan" guy in Spring 2009 at Carlisle, PA. He was a big douchebag who was full of himself. He was parked at the car show far away from everyone and didn't really socialize much. If you walked anywhere within 20 feet of the car he would jump up out of his chair and start bragging about the car. I wanted nothing to do with him and ventured elsewhere... just a weird vibe.

I really wish we could all know the outcome to this story, what happened to Ryan and those who were screwed over, and where the car is today. I don't think I ever saw the VIN posted...

Edit: This was a photo I took in May 2009 of the car:
534230622_6YSCF-XL-4.jpg

Last edited:
Back