• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 honda nsx Type S

hi my names ryan and i just got a 92 honda nsx type s and im in the mits of buyin a real type R here some pics

Attachments

• send1.jpg
    send1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,695
  • send 2.jpg
    send 2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,635
its badged as a type s and when it went through auction in japan it came through listed as a type s if its not that sucks

that sucks cause everything listed in that is on my car paint matched roof the weight is lower on the car i got the momo stering wheel and i had the shift nob and the seats i didnt perfer the nob and im a bigger guy so i had to sell the seats interesting i read further and all my other options i have also wierd

I presume you are living in Japan?

Yes, according to my NSX book the Type S was never offered in the U.S. (Zanardi is the closest or actual) and it started in 1997.

Oh well you still have an NSX which is cool...

IF you are looking for an original Type R make sure you do your research and end up getting an actual Type R.

Last edited:
that sucks cause everything listed in that is on my car paint matched roof the weight is lower on the car i got the momo stering wheel and i had the shift nob and the seats i didnt perfer the nob and im a bigger guy so i had to sell the seats interesting i read further and all my other options i have also wierd

holy period :biggrin:

Hmmm...I smell...

boydrivingcar.jpg

If that's not the case I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale...and a Type-R NSX. Come on, don't ya trust me?

Last edited:
Is a Type R even allowed to be imported into the U.S.? If so, I'm surprised more people haven't done it seeing as the OP has imported a RHD vehicle...:cool:

It is not a type S mate. A mmember here in the UK also bought one at auction from Japan thinking it was an S and also got done.

Caveat Emptor.

Is a Type R even allowed to be imported into the U.S.? If so, I'm surprised more people haven't done it seeing as the OP has imported a RHD vehicle...:cool:
I don't see why it can't be done. Theres a Nissan R33 RHD running around Houston area. I don't know what requirements to get something like that here but apparently money talks.:confused:

I don't see why it can't be done. Theres a Nissan R33 RHD running around Houston area. I don't know what requirements to get something like that here but apparently money talks.:confused:

Dunno, but I think Deltron Zero might be able to shed some light on the matter.

The short story:

You can bring in JDM stuff, and own it here (the U.S.), but it's not federally legit for road use unless it has a NHTSA/DOT/EPA exemption. Many states (TN, where I live, for instance) will let you register a motorized bar-stool for road use if you ask nicely, but if the feds find out, they can still take your cookies. CA residents: forget about it :)

The gorey details:

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import/

Yeah there's a late model RHD Mazda here in town, too. Not sure of the year, but it's not THAT old. I talked to the owner and I asked about how he managed to get it imported and he just smiled and said "with enough time and money and knowlege of customs laws, it can be done..." Though this OP may be off base...

Not a type-s but still cool that you got a rhd one.

Forget about the type-r......I think you should ask Serialnsxer......he had the means to get one, but found out it was impossible to get one over here legally.

If you can get one then more power to you and congrats on the car.

Last edited:
The short story:

You can bring in JDM stuff, and own it here (the U.S.), but it's not federally legit for road use unless it has a NHTSA/DOT/EPA exemption. Many states (TN, where I live, for instance) will let you register a motorized bar-stool for road use if you ask nicely, but if the feds find out, they can still take your cookies. CA residents: forget about it :)

The gorey details:

Yeah I've read to that if there is a USDM equivalent of an imported car, it must be brought up to US specs. So in the event that someone imports a Type-R, it must be brought up to US specs including crash, emissions etc...

Correct me if I'm wrong?

hi my names ryan and i just got a 92 honda nsx type s and im in the mits of buyin a real type R here some pics

sorry, this CAN NOT be real ....

Its real, its real!!! :biggrin:

hey, welcome!

if it's not a type-s, which from all facts, it looks like it's not, no matter! still an awesome looking car.

are you the friend of member 'anatoly' mentioned here:?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123021

if you don't mind sharing, how did you manage to get a RHD nsx into the states? i know several members would love to find out. also, how are you planning on importing a type-r?

welcome again!

The short story:

The gorey details:

Makes sense. I'll know in the future not to buy one locally if ones FS.

i live in new york yes its hard to get the cars in but yes i can get them in hense my car but anyways about the type R im savin the money for it now and i can get it to the states and just like my car i have a us title for it i also just sold an R32 and a R34 with new york titles. My buddy has a RHD 95 Supra also. heres some pics that my old civic RHD that i sold to get the nsx

Attachments

• 3 of us.jpg
    3 of us.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 703
  • civic show online.jpg
    civic show online.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 729
  • R34.jpg
    R34.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 684
  • sup 3.jpg
    sup 3.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 650
  • sup 2.jpg
    sup 2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 661
hey, welcome!
if it's not a type-s, which from all facts, it looks like it's not, no matter! still an awesome looking car.
are you the friend of member 'anatoly' mentioned here:?
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123021
if you don't mind sharing, how did you manage to get a RHD nsx into the states? i know several members would love to find out. also, how are you planning on importing a type-r?
welcome again!

to quote this guy yeah thats one of my buddys i live like 40 min away from him
and if people want RHD nsx's let me know id be happy to help

Back