• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 street/track 02+ conv, NA2 type r, Have questions

I see you already checked out the iLift system for raising and lowering the car as your name is on the list, but for a different suspension setup?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/176853-iLIFT-Intelligent-Suspension-Lift-Systems-New-Product-Introduction

Also, another member here was able to use the Downforce undertrays up front and under the engine compartment, along with the Difflow Diffuser to effectively create a complete flat underbody package for optimal aerodynamics without having to do too much custom work. Pairing that with the vented NSX-R hood with radiator hood scoop and rear wing should add some useable downforce.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/163843-downforce-full-undertray-project

Yeah I had an chance to get a really rare suspension and it already had the umbrella setup on it so I had to back out of the iLift system.

Thanks for the info on the under engine tray, learn something new everyday!

Just when I thought I was finally finished ordering parts, thanks haha

Ordered.

- - - Updated - - -

I love this build.

Thanks you I appreciate it!

Last edited:
Ok so now the details of the engine build
SOS stage 3 F.I. 3.5L engine build
Kevlar timing belt
Oil Pump upgrade
LMA Kit
Throttle body bored
Oil pan baffle
Locking timing belt tensioner
Full valve springs
titanium valve spring retainers
Spring bases
intake and exhaust valves
Billet main caps
APR main studs
APR Head Studs
SOS twin turbo kit with upgraded turbos GT2871's
1000cc injectors
Full aem controls
Flexfuel system
Fuel Surge tank
Walbro fuel pump with two surge pumps
Accusump system with oil cooler
Honda 6-speed E61 transmission
OS Giken LSD
SOS 700 twin carbon clutch kit with damper delete
Full R-spec exhaust
Test pipes
A.S. motorsports turbo manifold upgrade
The goal is 1000 crank hp on E85 on high boost setting

Also going to be adding the following:
SOS engine mounts,
Crank Case Breather,
Engine dampener,
ATI Crankshaft Super Damper,
Pulley Shield,
Billet Cam Seals,
Gates Racing accessory Belts.

Last edited:
Damn.. Sounds like a hardcore build... Can't wait to see it completed .

Ok so what do you guys think, my body modifications will be as follows: Full type r na2 conversion, (with df wider front fenders 5mm, lexan hatch with scoop SOS, DF gt side scoops, DF rear hatch vent garnish all in carbon fiber) spoon mirrors, df prototype rear diffuser, and the down force sport front lip.

What do you guys think of all that in a matte black like this:
lamborghini-aventador-matte-black.jpg
Well leaving the scoops and vents in carbon fiber, and type r style wheels but in a custom size 17x8 and 18x 10s in a gloss black?

Last edited:
Had some interesting developments today. I know it's a tease but can not say anything yet. But expect something new. :)

Who has done an NSX in Matte Black before? The lovefab one here right? Shay maybe you should see some photos before making that final decision. I still think a wrap will leave more options open to you.

Also, I know reaching 1000 HP or so sounds awesome and what a lot of people strive for but at some point the traction just becomes so limited and it seems your longevity decreases. You are talking a lot of stress on the trans, diff, half shafts, etc. Keeping a more reasonable 600-700 I think is still a lot, and I am just not sure a 900-1000 HP car is faster. You can make 2000 but if it never gets to the ground... what's the point?

This car is also going to be insanely fast, and I know you don't have any track experience. I worry a little about your safety. You really can kill yourself in it. We know each other, are friends, I don't want to see you hurt, injured, or killed. This is a monster that's not really that suitable for streets. Did you read the thread with our local enthusiast Gustavo on MT? It sounds like he lost control and killed a girl. Imagine having to live with that for the rest of your life. I don't want to be a negative Nelly Shay, but you seem like a really nice guy and I don't want anything bad to happen. I have 350 HP and can get myself in trouble with just that.

Wow just read the spec list for the motor and transmission don't know what else to say other than wow and I am super jealous. Just reading about your build and the parts you sourced is amazing but I gotta agree with TURBO2GO you do not need that much power let alone you trying to connect to pavement you are gonna increase the chances of parts failures for sure.

Hi,

about the matte black.. there is a UK guy (on NSXCB) that built a racecar... he converted to 02+ and painted the car in matte black.

Here is a post with it (although with some stickers already)

Nuno

Also, I know reaching 1000 HP or so sounds awesome and what a lot of people strive for but at some point the traction just becomes so limited and it seems your longevity decreases. You are talking a lot of stress on the trans, diff, half shafts, etc. Keeping a more reasonable 600-700 I think is still a lot, and I am just not sure a 900-1000 HP car is faster. You can make 2000 but if it never gets to the ground... what's the point?

This car is also going to be insanely fast, and I know you don't have any track experience. I worry a little about your safety. You really can kill yourself in it. We know each other, are friends, I don't want to see you hurt, injured, or killed. This is a monster that's not really that suitable for streets. Did you read the thread with our local enthusiast Gustavo on MT? It sounds like he lost control and killed a girl. Imagine having to live with that for the rest of your life. I don't want to be a negative Nelly Shay, but you seem like a really nice guy and I don't want anything bad to happen. I have 350 HP and can get myself in trouble with just that.

Thanks for the kind words Dave. Trust me I have a extremely healthy fear of what this car is going to have for power. It is going to have two kinds of safety or limiting functions which the car will automatically be started up in. 1. Is a low boost map. 2. is a Rev limiter that will be set at somewhere between 3500-4000 rpm. You will need to actively select to turn both of these off. which I doubt I will rarely do especially the hi boost. Yeah I saw the thread about that guy on Masstunning. I know how much trouble I can get in with this car, hell i got into a lot of trouble when I was 16 with a 92 Acura Legend Sedan. But i know this gun is like a gun, its extremely dangerous in the wrong hands and when treated with the respect it deserves and can't hurt me or other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow just read the spec list for the motor and transmission don't know what else to say other than wow and I am super jealous. Just reading about your build and the parts you sourced is amazing but I gotta agree with TURBO2GO you do not need that much power let alone you trying to connect to pavement you are gonna increase the chances of parts failures for sure.

Thanks, I have gotten extremely lucky getting my hands on some of the very rare parts I have for this build. I agree with him as well, thats why the car will normally only ever be in low boost settings. I have even though of putting the high boost on a key'ed switch and giving Turbo2go (Dave) the key to hold till he thinks I am as ready as I ever could be for that power, which i doubt really anyone ever could be.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

about the matte black.. there is a UK guy (on NSXCB) that built a racecar... he converted to 02+ and painted the car in matte black.

Here is a post with it (although with some stickers already)

Nuno
Thanks for the info, Can anyone tell me about wraps, and dips? How well does it look in person and up close? What are the steps, limits, life expectancies, does it do any harm to the paint under it, and costs?

awesome build sir! im subscribing.
but, i have to agree with turbo on the parts for vinyl and high hp. my previous car is a nissan's platform and i have done almost everything that i can think of inside and out. it rode and performed just how i want it. 1st and 2nd gears were nuts at 550+ hps. even with dr tires, i can't even get them to hookup properly at the track. just imagine <3000 lbs car with 1000+ hps.

heres and example of 3m matte vinyl on my car. i know its not a nsx but to give you an idea.

Rob Fenn's car is a wrap, both of them. It is not paint. Shay you can wash a wrap easily I am not sure about plastidip. Are you doing white headlamps?

Simply my favorite NSX, EVER.

donington-park-nsx-2BIG.jpg

Last edited:
I think I am going to do black head lights and have them have the LED's and the bouncing fixed at the same time.

What does a wrap like that cost to have done? How does it look up close?

Shay I am doing my headlights over the winter, in black, if you want I might be willing to do yours too. I am going to bake them and take them apart, fix the bounce, black them out, and I already have LED's. Let me know.

I think wraps can look perfect even up close if done right. I have to say though... I really like the contrast of matte black with white headlamps. That's why I posted the photo. I am worried black on black your lamps will be lost. But it's up to you.

What kind of LED's are you doing in your's Dave?

I just changed the parking and turn signal lamps to LED. I am not doing halos or anything extra I don't think. I like the OEM'ish look. I have a cool idea on paint though, I plan to paint the entire housing EXCEPT the inside of the "tunnels" the lamps reside in. The outside will all be black. The insides remain silver. I have never seen this done but I think it will look good.

Some changes, I recently was able to secure a STMPO rear aluminum beam and a Pro car front aluminum beam. Well I know they will not give the full protection of the original steal beams they should be an improvement over the fiber glass ones I purchased. Well still saving some weight, should be a good compromise.

Some changes, I recently was able to secure a STMPO rear aluminum beam and a Pro car front aluminum beam. Well I know they will not give the full protection of the original steal beams they should be an improvement over the fiber glass ones I purchased. Well still saving some weight, should be a good compromise.

nice... Who did you have to bribe to get the STMPO rear beam. I'm actually have been searching with no luck. I'm half tempted to make my own.

I am not sure if I should even say this but, it was a favor from Ross himself as he did not want my build to have those fiberglass beams for my safety and the cars safety. But don't go trying to get some from him as he is pulling his own beam off of his personal NSX as a favor to me. So I wish I could say I had some secret hook up for everyone that wants one but sadly I do not.
So on that note, thanks again Ross!

That's fine... I'm glad you got one... Maybe I shiuld give him a call just to see what's left for sale...

I think I am going to do black head lights and have them have the LED's and the bouncing fixed at the same time.

What does a wrap like that cost to have done? How does it look up close?

I've been quoted $2300 to wrap my car to give you an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so what do you guys think, my body modifications will be as follows: Full type r na2 conversion, (with df wider front fenders 5mm, lexan hatch with scoop SOS, DF gt side scoops, DF rear hatch vent garnish all in carbon fiber) spoon mirrors, df prototype rear diffuser, and the down force sport front lip.

What do you guys think of all that in a matte black like this:
View attachment 107280
Well leaving the scoops and vents in carbon fiber, and type r style wheels but in a custom size 17x8 and 18x 10s in a gloss black?

Pulling this look off will all depend on what accent color you pick. You can't just leave it all black. In my opinion that would look horrible. I love the Aventador, but not a fan of this matte black look for it. If I were you I'd play around in Photoshop before making any decisions!

I think this looks great:
P1070134.jpg

Last edited:
I've been quoted $2300 to wrap my car to give you an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Pulling this look off will all depend on what accent color you pick. You can't just leave it all black. In my opinion that would look horrible. I love the Aventador, but not a fan of this matte black look for it. If I were you I'd play around in Photoshop before making any decisions!

I think this looks great:
View attachment 107484

I do think that NSX is great looking, actually Turbo2Go sent me pictures of the same nsx, you both have good taste. I want something that almost looks like a factory finish not so race car-esq. My new calipers will be red, I will have some red in the engine bay, interior, under the hood, and with the type R emblems. I am not sure what I will do with the wheels yet or even what I will end up with. If the group buy for the custom NSX 02+ style wheels doesn't happen I may look into carbon wheels.

Does anyone have a picture of a black 02+ NSX that had its headlights painted black, I am curious to what this would look like. I sadly do not have any photoshop skills. I just made the leap from PC to Mac, and its quite the change for me. I was a die hard pc guy forever, even am a certified window network administrator from back in the day, so its getting some getting used too.

Back