• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

92 street/track 02+ conv, NA2 type r, Have questions

I'm curious why you make the distinction about the '02+ for aero. What part do you think is better than the 91-01?

The coefficient of drag is lower. It's in the published specs. My guess is it has a lot to do with the nose and some with the side skirts. It's a fair amount lower. I forget the exact numbers.

Last edited:
The coefficient of drag is lower. It's in the published specs. My guess is it has a lot to do with the nose and some with the side skirts. It's a fair amount lower. I forget the exact numbers.

Aren't we talking about downforce though? Is there any info on that?

I just mentioned an 02+ is very aerodynamic. That creates more stability for a car no matter what. As far as downforce I was just saying all the R aero does create extra downforce. If you lower the car, it's even better. If you up the suspension spring rates and have better dampers and better tires, better still. I think the car will be plenty stable to the point it simply runs out of gear. If I remember right that is 189 or so for the 5 speed and 202 for the 6 speed with OEM diffs and tire sizes.

I just mentioned an 02+ is very aerodynamic. That creates more stability for a car no matter what. As far as downforce I was just saying all the R aero does create extra downforce.

Definitely agree on the type-R aero. Not so sure that decreasing drag makes a car more "stable." All good, I'm not trying to question you, was just interested in whatever aero info is available.

The car in this thread, of course, is an amazing project. Given everything else you are doing, the OP might consider proper aero design. My brother tells me the parts would cost about $25k to have fabricated; not sure about design work. I'm happy to discuss his credentials offline if you're at all interested but can guarantee you will not find someone more qualified. But I think it would interfere with the goal of stock appearance; front splitter and rear wing in particular.

I am very happy to announce I will be adding an iLift system to my build.

I had a brand new Umbrella lift system that was never installed on my coil overs I just got for it but could not resist the higher quality of the iLift, plus it weighs less so... lol

So after months and months of waiting, a part from japan finally showed up. I wasn't even told if it would ever actually be produced again, was told I would have to wait and see. When I say no attention to detail is to small for my NSX-R conversion I meant it, so with out further ado... I present you with the single paned glass partition from an NSX-R...
image.jpg

Awesome. Can you please post a picture of the part number for those of us inclined to buy another nsxr part

Yes I have always wanted this as a way to make my car feel louder like it does when people are behind me. In the cockpit it's more muffled and I'm always looking for a little more oomph. Post a review about it when installed!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. There was no part number listed on the glass. But I bet it's the same as the type-s/Zandari edition here in the US. The engine is almost complete. Had the valve covers powder coated to match the type r red intake manifold cover. Here is a picture of the engine well they waited for the covers. I should have some pictures of the whole assembly finished this week to post.

- - - Updated - - -

Also on a different note, the NSX is getting a sister, 2013 Nissan GT-R, because we all need a winter beat ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,104
1512461_10201481985794635_1358555072_n.jpg1623555_10201481985954639_1256236137_n.jpg1901469_10201481985594630_593292431_n.jpg

Haha, nope no powerball winnings here, I wish.

Sorry for the lack of delays the Carbon Ceramic Brakes are holding up the build. The engine is installed, the transmission, twin turbo charger system, as well as the iLift system.
Should be finished by the end of april now. I can not wait to here this thing run...

Little teaser update
image.jpg

Please tell me that with all the attention to detail thats not a random piece of wire acting as a rear valence tie?

the OEM part is hard to locate (possibly not for you ;o)), but a simple option is to produce your own part from aluminium tubing, flat the end and drill locating holes ...works a treat and cost maybe $4 total ...

An amazing project and I hope you really get to enjoy it soon ...

First off, I've been following your thread from the start and it is quite an impressive build you are undertaking.

Second, what suspension are you using with the iLift System? (you seem to have switched it up a few times, lol)

Good luck with everything.

I am using a KW Competition 3-way adjustable coil overs with 600lbs and 1000lbs springs with the full stage 3 iLift system.

Any updates? I am anxious to see this all put together.

The brakes are shipping today, the last part of the fuel system was just finished which you guys will hear all about soon, mechanically it will be done this month, then the face lift and paint!

Well needless to say, things have no gone as plan. But a new issue has happened, for those of you that have see Turbo2Go's thread in the wheel and tire section 17 inch wheels will not fit over the new ceramic BBK. Which is a real issue for me since I just purchased TE37 Super Lap Black Editions and put on Nitto NT01 rubber on them which I currently own and can't use. I have been extremely frustrated at this point in the build, the weather is finally nice here in New England and I just want to drive my NSX. As it is looks like the body work will not be done till this winter, which might take on a slightly different approach than originally stated in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Also here is a picture of the finished engine assembly, looks to good to be hidden away in a car!

NSXEngine.jpg

Last edited:
Back