• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

A reunion.... Zanardi #45 and #46

Mitch,

So what's the story behind the Z?

Mitch,

So what's the story behind the Z?

Hey Kid...

give me some time... I will email/IM you soon. Just a little busy.. but will fill you in when I can.. Furthermore... Mitch signed a confidential clause forbidding him to discuss the Z.. :cool: but really no stories.... I have been in communication with the previous owner for 2 years now... It was a situation where both of us got what we wanted. He is happy... and I am very blessed!!!! She is in MINT condition...

This is such a cool and interesting NsX investment. You control 4% of the Zanardi market now. That may not sound like much to some people, but to put it into perspective, it's like owning:

320 NSXs (assuming 8,000 Us production)
8,000 Ferraris (assuming 200,000 total production of all makes)
320,000 Mustangs (assuming 8,000,000 production)

Its pretty crazy, just the fact that you are driving and adding miles to one of your Zanardis makes your other one worth a little more each time. God forbid you crash one, after insurance payout and the increase of value in the other one for now being just a little rarer you're probably in the black again. You're in a win win situation here, congrats!

And after seeing the pictures of the two together, the red one with the Zanardi wheels is my favorite

Last edited:
Well if he is only looking at Zanardis, then the probability of sequential ones is 50x48= 1 in 2,400

But if you were to buy 2 random NSXs, the probability of them both being Zanardis and then being sequential numbers is 1 in 63,984,000 (assuming 8000 NSXs, the calculation is 8000x7998)

My algebra may be a little rusty so if anybody else sees an error feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
This is such a cool and interesting NsX investment. You control 4% of the Zanardi market now. That may not sound like much to some people, but to put it into perspective, it's like owning:

320 NSXs (assuming 8,000 Us production)
8,000 Ferraris (assuming 200,000 total production of all makes)
320,000 Mustangs (assuming 8,000,000 production)

Its pretty crazy, just the fact that you are driving and adding miles to one of your Zanardis makes your other one worth a little more each time. God forbid you crash one, after insurance payout and the increase of value in the other one for now being just a little rarer you're probably in the black again. You're in a win win situation here, congrats!

And after seeing the pictures of the two together, the red one with the Zanardi wheels is my favorite :cool:

WOW... I never even once thought of this.. but now that you mentioned it... I am even MORE excited... :biggrin: Thank you for sharing that...

Well if he is only looking at Zanardis, then the probability of sequential ones is 50x48= 1 in 2,400

But if you were to buy 2 random NSXs, the probability of them both being Zanardis and then being sequential numbers is 1 in 63,984,000 (assuming 8000 NSXs, the calculation is 8000x7998)

My algebra may be a little rusty so if anybody else sees an error feel free to chime in.
Actually, considering the possibility of owning a first Zanardi is 1, because you're not matching it to any number. The 2,400 would be getting a specific number then a sequential. ie of getting specifically 45 and 46.

It is also based on which serial number you choose. If you pick 2-49, your second has a 2 to 49 chance of being sequential, while if you pick #1 or #50 it is a 1 to 49 chance. So, if the serial numbers were unknown, it would actually be (1/49 * 2)(2/49 * 48) / 50 or 1 to 25 chance (it works out nice and evenly) of getting two random serials in 1-50 that are sequential.

@ Ella's Daddy: I thought that was all part of your master plan to rule the wor... I mean control the Zanardi NsX population

@ NSX-ey: I forgot to assume you already have a Zanardi, I was going by the question of what's the probability of "owning 2 AND be sequential" that Osiris asked, not what's the probability of your second Zanardi being sequential. But your calculation is right since the first one then determines the possibility of the second one being a sequential, my calculation is the chance of owning 2 and having a specific sequential number, not just any sequential number.

Last edited:
Hey Kid...

give me some time... I will email/IM you soon. Just a little busy.. but will fill you in when I can.. Furthermore... Mitch signed a confidential clause forbidding him to discuss the Z.. :cool: but really no stories.... I have been in communication with the previous owner for 2 years now... It was a situation where both of us got what we wanted. He is happy... and I am very blessed!!!! She is in MINT condition...

While I cannot say much....I can say that while the seller and buyer got what they wanted, my daughter is NOT happy to have the 'red car' gone. LOL! Dat....you may have to deal with her. Does the Chanel store sell kids stuff? :)

Don't car what anyone thinks - LOVE zanardi wheels. My fav. I will find a set one day.

Dat, congrats on the obvious! Love love love reading unique stories like this. To me you're now up there with DeHaldaswerth and the fellow who built the 02+ type R...

Mitch, I've said it before, congrats on having the best taste in coupes and cutest little girl ever!

Still awaiting all the details, Im curious.

Don't car what anyone thinks - LOVE zanardi wheels. My fav. I will find a set one day.
I think they look great too.

There was a fellow at NSXPO that had a set of wheels that looked very similar to Zanardi's but were 17's all around IIRC.
Wish I took a picture of those!

Brian

I think you mean Miled's ivory-silver NSX. His are Type-S wheels I believe. More silver than the washi-grey gunmetal of the zanardi's. Fantastic wheels!

His rims are Type S. Miled's are great guy and his car is the cleanest I've ever seen!

Andy,

I pm'd you. More than welcome to come by.

Michael

Thanks Michael I'll be in touch. Time for a cannonball run trip to Philly and Long Island and back in 36 hours. East bound and down...

Congrats. Very impressive. I remember when you pm'd me a few years ago hoping to buy #26 (still not for sale). I would love to see both of yours some time. We visit Del Mar during racing season pretty often. Bob

Congrats. Very impressive. I remember when you pm'd me a few years ago hoping to buy #26 (still not for sale). I would love to see both of yours some time. We visit Del Mar during racing season pretty often. Bob

Hi Bob..

Yes i still remember contacting you when I first started on my search... Do let me know when #26 is for sale... :) Any chance you be interested in having a Zanardi get together in San Diego? I am toying with the idea of inviting all the Zanardi owners, bring all their Zanardis here to San Diego.. and have a reunion... Just a thought at the time being. Not sure how many would be willlling to bring their Zanardi to San Diego.. but wouldnt it be awesome....

Warmest Regards,
Dat

WOW... I never even once thought of this.. but now that you mentioned it... I am even MORE excited... :biggrin: Thank you for sharing that...

This is why you need an 3rd and 4th.

Then at which point you must as yourself, "why stop at 4?"

Back