• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS bleeding tool in the Denver area?

Anyone local have a ABS bleeding tool for loan or rent?Just one of the services that I feel has been long overdue on my car. Thanks,

Last edited:
I have the full kit. If you want to stop by sometime we can do bleed the ABS in my garage- takes about an hour.

I have the full kit. If you want to stop by sometime we can do bleed the ABS in my garage- takes about an hour.

That would be great, thank you. I will bring both types of fluid, one for the car and cold ones to drink! I am not in a hurry, so it can be done when the weather gets a little better. But it's nice to know one is around, otherwise I would have gotten one myself.

Thanks,
Graeme

Last edited:
I can vouch for Paul having the kit, he did mine for me in his garage:wink:

Graeme, I see your new to Prime relatively speaking, did you just get your car? Or have you had it for a while? I've noticed from all of your posts recently that your doing quite the maintenance to your NSX.....just curious.

Yes, I have had the car only a short time, and discovered Prime at the same time. It was kind of an impulse buy. It was a local seller very close to me. The car looked good at first, but once I got really looking, I feel it was kind of neglected. I knew the timing belt had been blown over. I am chasing a CEL issue and currently have the injectors out. I had them cleaned & flowed, and two of them failed the spray pattern, so I got a bunch more used ones and they are being tested. Maybe he can find two good ones out of them. I also have a stock ECU that I got locally to put in.
As for the ABS, It is one area that I haven't looked at so far. I have only replaced the fluid in the reservoir. Maybe in the future I might convert this to the newer ABS system, looks much better and easier to live with.

Last edited:
Yes, I have had the car only a short time, and discovered Prime at the same time. It was kind of an impulse buy. It was a local seller very close to me. The car looked good at first, but once I got really looking, I feel it was kind of neglected. I knew the timing belt had been blown over. I am chasing a CEL issue and currently have the injectors out. I had them cleaned & flowed, and two of them failed the spray pattern, so I got a bunch more used ones and they are being tested. Maybe he can find two good ones out of them. I also have a stock ECU that I got locally to put in.
As for the ABS, It is one area that I haven't looked at so far. I have only replaced the fluid in the reservoir. Maybe in the future I might convert this to the newer ABS system, looks much better and easier to live with.

I converted to the new ABS and haven't looked back. In the recent snow, it has been AMAZING. As for the old system, replacing the fluid in the reservoir does not get to the problem. In fact, using the bleed tool does not either. The grit and dirty fluid you need to evacuate is inside the solenoids and the only way to reach those is to individually actuate them to pump out the fluid. You will not believe how nasty the fluid looks the first time you do this- Gabe's looked like old coffee with bug bits floating around. For a complete service, you also should replace the high and low pressure hoses and crush washers. WarrenW is the expert on these units and I believe he said the system should be bled every year thereafter due to the old seals.

I used the SOS kit, but the KSP Engineering harness instead of the SOS harness. SOS was kind enough to send me everything except the harness for a discount. You can find the KSP here:

http://kspweb.jp/shopdetail/004008000001/046/001/Y/page1/recommend/

Or, you can order the harness from Kaz in the UK. The new system was rocking it this morning on the way to work. Totally planted and confident on the ice and snow!

Here is my completed install:

IMAG1207[1].jpg
IMAG1277[1].jpg

I used the SOS kit, but the KSP Engineering harness instead of the SOS harness. SOS was kind enough to send me everything except the harness for a discount. You can find the KSP here:

http://kspweb.jp/shopdetail/004008000001/046/001/Y/page1/recommend/

Or, you can order the harness from Kaz in the UK. The new system was rocking it this morning on the way to work. Totally planted and confident on the ice and snow!

Here is my completed install:

View attachment 119452
View attachment 119451

That is so tiny!

What is the advantage of the KSP harness over the SOS harness?

KSP uses crimped pins instead of soldered and a dual harness design that makes it easy to pass into the passenger footwell from the front bay.

Hi. let me know when you guys are meeting up to do it.. I live in Highlands Ranch also. I know Mark in Denver wants to service his also.. This weather sucks.. But one nice weekend.. I'd love to hook up. My ABS must be dirty also.. !!

I love the new system Honcho.. Thats a big investment.. 2,600 right?? Eventually I'm sure I'm going to go that route.. I wonder If we could do a group buy..

^^^^^^^^

Yes, I would definitely like to do this this year. Please keep me in the loop!

Mark

NSX party at my house lol. Once the sun comes out and the snow melts, we can do all the cars- it's not that time-consuming. Bring some empty jugs to hold all the old fluid and about 24 oz of new DOT 3 per car. With the recent snow and ice, the new system is really proving its worth. I drove the old ABS in the snow last year and it was ... marginally terrifying. It worked, sort of. The new system feels just like my RDX and inspires confidence on slick surfaces. My cost was about 1,900 because I went with the KSP harness. 1,600 for the SOS kit and 300 for the harness from KSP.

NSX party at my house lol. Once the sun comes out and the snow melts, we can do all the cars- it's not that time-consuming. Bring some empty jugs to hold all the old fluid and about 24 oz of new DOT 3 per car. With the recent snow and ice, the new system is really proving its worth. I drove the old ABS in the snow last year and it was ... marginally terrifying. It worked, sort of. The new system feels just like my RDX and inspires confidence on slick surfaces. My cost was about 1,900 because I went with the KSP harness. 1,600 for the SOS kit and 300 for the harness from KSP.

I bet once I see your set up -- I'm going to have to order from Science of Speed!!! Pull the trigger on the $$$
I hope it warms up soon... My NSX is allergic to Rain or Snow-- Or maybe its the owner.. LOL....

Well I took advantage of the the snow over the weekend and fabricated the harnesses to bleed the solenoids and power the pump. Since the last time I drove the car, the ABS pump was running for about 10 seconds about every 5 minutes. I used the procedure in the service manual and just sucked out the aerated/foam fluid from the reservoir each time prior to running the pump. took a few passes but finally had clean fluid with no air bubbles. I drove the car and the pump did not even run as I pulled away. We will have to see what happens after it has sat for a few days. This is going to be a yearly task from now on.

Well I took advantage of the the snow over the weekend and fabricated the harnesses to bleed the solenoids and power the pump. Since the last time I drove the car, the ABS pump was running for about 10 seconds about every 5 minutes. I used the procedure in the service manual and just sucked out the aerated/foam fluid from the reservoir each time prior to running the pump. took a few passes but finally had clean fluid with no air bubbles. I drove the car and the pump did not even run as I pulled away. We will have to see what happens after it has sat for a few days. This is going to be a yearly task from now on.

Cool.. Sounds like it works. Would still love to get together to have mine done... If it does not work.. I'll have to upgrade$$$

I converted to the new ABS and haven't looked back. In the recent snow, it has been AMAZING. As for the old system, replacing the fluid in the reservoir does not get to the problem. In fact, using the bleed tool does not either. The grit and dirty fluid you need to evacuate is inside the solenoids and the only way to reach those is to individually actuate them to pump out the fluid. You will not believe how nasty the fluid looks the first time you do this- Gabe's looked like old coffee with bug bits floating around. For a complete service, you also should replace the high and low pressure hoses and crush washers. WarrenW is the expert on these units and I believe he said the system should be bled every year thereafter due to the old seals.

i also am a recent convert to the new abs system and love it.another advantage is that you don't have to "exercise" the newer system by slamming on the brakes periodically like you do with the older one.

Hi Honcho.. Should be nice this weekend.
If you are up for it I'd love your help with the process.. Where are you in Highlands Ranch?
I'm near Moutain Vista Highschool in Kently Hills.
Please PM me. -- Thanks -Sebastian Zacharias.. I think Mark wanted his done also.

Hi Honcho.. Should be nice this weekend.
If you are up for it I'd love your help with the process.. Where are you in Highlands Ranch?
I'm near Moutain Vista Highschool in Kently Hills.
Please PM me. -- Thanks -Sebastian Zacharias.. I think Mark wanted his done also.

Yes, Sebastian, I would like to do this, and you're right --weather wise this weekend looks perfect. Let me know and I'll be there with 24 oz of new DOT 3 and a jug to hold the old stuff.

Thanks for bringing this up again.

Mark

Back