• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura, "beat that" commercial

Hey all,

Happy new year! Had to start a post here about this...
Has anyone seen this Acura commercial on tv? They showcase the type r integra, the na1 nsx, and obviously the new NC1.
They keep saying the term, "beat that." As if to say they're relevant to production car racing in todays modern age.
Thankfully, I no longer have a fight in the downward spiral of this company, but what are they actually meaning by this term? BEAT THAT?
Do they have an ace in the hole car? Or are they just talking about trying to beat abysmal sales throughout their product line aside from the MDX?
I couldn't help but laugh throughout the commercial. Being that they showcased their new prototype that is not even for sale as well.
Rough times man, rough times....

Thoughts?

End of rant questionnaire...

I believe they are referring to the good old days of Acura with the Type R and the "Real NSX"....The new NC1 GT3 is winning races from what I have read.

Bram

Well that’s what I don’t understand. Everyone knows these older cars and if they don’t, the advertisement doesn’t matter. It just seems like a very poor excuse to sell new cars. Especially ,showcasing a prototype on your advertisement that will never make it to production.

Back