• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Acura RL vs. Hyundai Genesis 3.8

If price is similar, which one will you bring home?

• 2012 Acura RL

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8

Votes: 44 52.4%

• Total voters
Folks,

Due to slow sales and the new RLX is in the horizon, looks like Acura is offering substantial discount on their flagship sedan.

Say the price is close to Genesis 3.8 with technology and premium package, which bring the car to similarly equipped RL with tech package, which one would you choose to bring home and why?

For me I would take the Acura RL. I think the built quality is better, besides being the top of the line Acura it's also much more exclusive one the road.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 2011_Acura_RL-623x415.jpg
    2011_Acura_RL-623x415.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Genesis.jpg
    Genesis.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 238
I have an RL, and if i had the need for another car I would buy the RL again

I have a 07 RL :biggrin:

I love the RL, but I wish it had a V8.

IMG_8051.JPG

Well.... you guys do a group hug while I advise him.:biggrin:

Get a Genesis!! It is a much better car and much more bang for the buck. Unless you need the SH-AWD or plan to sell your NSX all you need on a daily basis is something nice, smooth, comfortable with lots of creature comforts. The Genesis does all that is by far the best bang for the buck!!

what about her sister the TL?

I have an 08 TL typeS she is way faster than the RL

same tech same engine 3.5L

I loved the RL but when i went to check it out I didnt like the beaks.

as for the OP original question

I would take the RL over the Hyundai

I have heard the Hyundai is worth taking a look at but I'll pass

Honda made vehicles only, and if I needed a truck I would get a Ford F150
and thats it. Ford can make a truck there no question about that.

I swear Hyudai will have a name change in the future. It's becoming a very reliable car. I bet the name alone scares away half of the buyers. It's like a hot girl with the first name Bertha. I would rather be buying Hyundai chicken from the Chinese takeout. then a car with that name.

yeah but lets say a Hot chick is waiting for a ride,

a 2012 Hyundai pulls up you yell hey need a ride she laughs

a 1986 Accord pulls up same scenario you yell need a ride, she looks at her selection she jumps in the honda.

LOL

Hyundai will never lose that junk car stigma

its sad cuz some of their cars look really good.

I like the idea of a name change......worked for citgo:rolleyes: lets help with the new name............Rolls Joyce, or maybe Bentoverly both invoke luxury and quality.....

My grandfather's English is bad so he calls it a "hotdog" but its easier for him so i don't correct him. Don't get me started on KIA. They should call it an Aston genesis. Sales would jump through the roof.

Well.... you guys do a group hug while I advise him.:biggrin:

Get a Genesis!! It is a much better car and much more bang for the buck. Unless you need the SH-AWD or plan to sell your NSX all you need on a daily basis is something nice, smooth, comfortable with lots of creature comforts. The Genesis does all that is by far the best bang for the buck!!

+1

Best purchase I've made in a long time. If they keep this up... my next one will be a Hyundai as well.

what about her sister the TL?

I have an 08 TL typeS she is way faster than the RL

same tech same engine 3.5L

I loved the RL but when i went to check it out I didnt like the beaks.

as for the OP original question

I would take the RL over the Hyundai

I have heard the Hyundai is worth taking a look at but I'll pass

Honda made vehicles only, and if I needed a truck I would get a Ford F150
and thats it. Ford can make a truck there no question about that.

I do like the look of the new TL. However with the deep discount the RL is close to the TL price and it is a class higher, thus I think it's a great buy.

yeah but lets say a Hot chick is waiting for a ride,

a 2012 Hyundai pulls up you yell hey need a ride she laughs

a 1986 Accord pulls up same scenario you yell need a ride, she looks at her selection she jumps in the honda.

LOL

Hyundai will never lose that junk car stigma

its sad cuz some of their cars look really good.

I think it has lost it with the latest designs,100,000 mi warranty,guarantee buy back value....I think they have shed the "junk" stigma in a big way....

the sales will tell you that too....they are owning Honda right now...

I considered myself a Honda guy, but recently chose an Elentra(Car of the Year, by the way) over a civic for our commuter car....

I'm surprised to see how close the poll results are, and we're in a Honda/Acura forum. Just think what the results would be if it's in a Hyoundai forum :eek:

Drive them both, then decide. I drive an 05 RL daily, but I'd be open to a Genesis. I wouldn't give the brand name a huge weighting in my scoring comparisons.

I think Hyundai has definitely shed the cheap-crappy car image. I remember when they were being compared to Yugo. They've come much farther than any car company that I can recall.

Whem Honda first introduced the brand "Acura" :smile:

Hardly! The 87 Legend was a great car. The 89 Integra was a great car. The 91 NSX... eh, yeah you're right, that sucked... :)

vs

1986 Excel smash-up-derby car (anyone remember those?) to 2012 Elantra winning car of the year

smash2.jpg

I'll vote Genesis. Hyundai is on par with Honda and Toyota today. Maybe their name itself still has some or a lot of catching up to do with the general public, but sit in a Genesis, a Sonata and compare that to a Camry/Accord/Avalon/RL and even a BMW 5 series and you'd be impressed I think. I'd still chose a BMW 5 series over the Genesis of course, but I'd but the Genesis over the current RL, and I'd buy the Sonata over the current Camry and Accord more than likely. My sister just bought a 2012 Sonata and its a really good car.

PS. I still think the RL is a better built car and has a better interior and materials, but as some have mentioned the Genesis isn't bad at all and its a much better bang for your buck. I also think it looks a lot better than the current beaked grill RL.

Back