• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ADDING A LOTUS TT V8 and Baby Lambo

ALLAN

Suspended
well, it looks like i'll be adding a twin turbo lotus v8 to the stable. Ill get a good feeling for the car as ill be driving it back home across the country. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the nsx. If i like the lotus we're gonna add exhaust, bigger turbos and intercoolers. We'll also be able to find out first hand about Lotus reliability.Also, just became #12 on the list to get the new baby Lambo. Should be here next summer.

Allan, will you be my friend? And let me drive your cars
smile.gif
?

-Bob

Did they reveal the baby-Lambo's official name to you? Is it the rumored "Stella" or another Spanish bull name?

Also, Audi themselves (Lambo's owner) is making another supercar off of the baby-lambo's drivetrain. It sports identical features including 4WD, 500HP V-10, etc, but has a more TT looking body. Not sure why they'd want to compete with themselves, but the car has already been greenlighted, FYI.

The baby Lambo name should be either Stella (star in Italian) or Torello (small bull in Italian). This is what leaked out of Sant'Agata but since it hapeened they maybe will change name again.

Allan, I hope you have better luck with your TT Espirit than I did with a 95 S4S (purchased from Lotus of Palm Beach). That car was an absolute nightmare.
PS Where in Coconut Creek do you live? I practiced medicine in both Coconut Creek and Margate in years past.

the audi is not going to share the 500hp motor of the lambo, it will be somewhat detuned to around 400hp. They have not revealed the name yet, ive heard "stella" and "gallardo" Ive spoken to several S4S lotus owners who swear by their cars, i guess you get the good and the bad. Im excited over the lotus though, i think with the mods im planning it will be a really neat car. I also want to see how it will run, bone stock against a supercharged nsx.Any volunteers? I dont live in florida anymore, i live in scottsdale arizona. I have to think of a color combo for the lambo, any suggestions?

Originally posted by ALLAN:
the audi is not going to share the 500hp motor of the lambo, it will be somewhat detuned to around 400hp. They have not revealed the name yet, ive heard "stella" and "gallardo" Ive spoken to several S4S lotus owners who swear by their cars, i guess you get the good and the bad. Im excited over the lotus though, i think with the mods im planning it will be a really neat car. I also want to see how it will run, bone stock against a supercharged nsx.Any volunteers? I dont live in florida anymore, i live in scottsdale arizona. I have to think of a color combo for the lambo, any suggestions?

Get the lambo in NSX Monte Carlo blue with Ivory. That would my ultimate sports car color combo.

[This message has been edited by khuezee (edited 30 June 2002).]

I also want to see how it will run, bone stock against a supercharged nsx.Any volunteers?

I test drove an 97 Esprit V8-TT when I was looking for a commuter car a couple of years ago. I loved the looks, but the poor side/rear views from the interior, wheel well intruding into your footwell space, etc., made it a bad choice for a commuter car. BTW, did I mention that it was beautiful?

Anyway, as for performance, it didn't have that much low end grunt for a V8-TT, but farther up the rev range it felt and sounded great. Definitely slower than my CTSC Zanardi in stock trim, but after you do the bigger turbos/intercooler, game over for the supercharged NSXs. Post a pic when you get the car - what color did you pick? I particularly like it in the dark, metal-flake grey. Looks great and doesn't attract too much attention...

A new Esprit is worlds apart from the 97. Clutch setup is different, shifting linkage is different, interior is updated, a new ECU gives more torque down low. I don't think the rear/side views will be awful compared to the Diablo as well as the interior being cramped. Without touching the engine intercoolers, bigger turbos, a race ECU direct from Lotus (only you have to sign awaiver to give up warranty) will push you to about 500hp. And yes the car is beautiful as well.

Originally posted by bill92nsx:
A new Esprit is worlds apart from the 97.

Actually, a new Esprit is an anachronism, since they've been discontinued. But to go back to Allan's original question, a properly tuned NSX SC will be faster than any stock V8-TT Esprit but will be slower than a properly modified one. But it will still be beautiful and I may still get the dark grey silver one...

the car im getting is not brand new, it is a 2000. it is bright yellow with black interior and yellow piping. it has all the upgrades of the 2002 car. as far as performance goes, we'll see what happens against a sc car. anyone in az wanna run? personally i think the lotus will win, but you never know. definately, just a ecu upgrade and the nsx is history though. there is a video i saw of that awesome turbo nsx thats supposedly 550hp, (im serious here, thats a nice car) getting beat by a z06 corvette, rather disappointing.but that car looks awesome.

the audi is not going to share the 500hp motor of the lambo, it will be somewhat detuned to around 400hp. They have not revealed the name yet, ive heard "stella" and "gallardo"
While waiting for my PR rep at the Lambo factory the other week, I was chatting with a visitor from Audi.

He was there to meet with the Lambo R&D folks to figure out bespoke parts cross-sourcing with Audi. He showed me some (mostly engineering) sketches, but nothing definitive yet.

Audi will differentiate between marques by keeping performance / specs distinguish-able. Whether we use "enhanced" (for Lambo) or "detuned" (Audi) remains to be seen
biggrin.gif

I HOPE they inherit a beefed up version of the QUATTRO AWD system, which is IMO more mature/proven than Lambo's homegrown one.

I agree...2000 Lotus Esprits look very nice...and they don't have the rear-visibility problem of the 1997 model that Number9 mentioned thanks to their higher spoiler.

topanga-marclotus-akiransx-frontquarter.jpg

And they look great next to my NSX.
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 01 July 2002).]

Allan... good move man. Good luck with the Lotus, it's a great car.

You've got an unbelievable stable! Would you consider hosting a little "Allan's house" fieldtrip? LOL
wink.gif

ALLAN said:
Also, just became #12 on the list to get the new baby Lambo. Should be here next summer.
Reviving this OLDER thread -- did you end up getting your Gallardo yet ALLAN??

Am curious in hearing NSX owners' perspectives on the car. How it compares to the NSX, and other "comparable" cars in its class (Ferrari 360, Maserati, Porsche 911 GT3/TT/GT2) ??

I got to see one up close yesterday, as a black 6-speed G was pitted next to me at a local track event. Nice car -- proportions more "reasonable" compared to the super-wide V12 cars. Also seemed pretty "live-able" (smooth, easy controls, etc)... no doubt some of this is Audi's influence.

Re: Re: ADDING A LOTUS TT V8 and Baby Lambo

nsx1164 said:
Reviving this OLDER thread -- did you end up getting your Gallardo yet ALLAN??

Am curious in hearing NSX owners' perspectives on the car. How it compares to the NSX, and other "comparable" cars in its class (Ferrari 360, Maserati, Porsche 911 GT3/TT/GT2) ??

I got to see one up close yesterday, as a black 6-speed G was pitted next to me at a local track event. Nice car -- proportions more "reasonable" compared to the super-wide V12 cars. Also seemed pretty "live-able" (smooth, easy controls, etc)... no doubt some of this is Audi's influence.

No he did not get the Gallardo maybe this has something to do with him moving to Hawaii. His current stable consists of a Lambo sv, 355 spyder and the Lotus TT. I was on a run with one recently and the car is fast as hell. A guy I know just got one for his exotic car rental company so I will post a review if i ever get a chance to compare the two.

Back