• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

AEM Infinity results

Hello all,

Just wanted to post the results for the new Infinity system with DBW (drive by wire) that I did. It is the first application for a DBW that AEM and myself know about. I worked with a supplier for a PNP harness that I had to revise a few times over to make things as simple as possible. I created a setup that can totally be PNP including the throttle body and throttle adapter plate to ease installation as well. I have also converted this car to full flex fuel. I have tested this system for over 500 miles, ran about 10 various mixtures of ethanol all the way up to 90 percent and I must say this setup rocks.

List of mods:

Comptech 1.6L blower (old school)
High boost pulley
Comptech headers
Custom DMS Performance exhaust
Custom DMS Performance intake with cold air scoop
AEM Inifnity

Some pictures that are relevant

It was difficult to make everything fit behind the seat because the ecu is oddly shaped, but as you can see it is tucked away. Links to some videos of initial testing and the final dyno run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGhPNG2Ja0 -throttle response and startup
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTKXReBKTiY - Final dyno pull

The customer went from an AEM FIC with 93 octane and gains were to be had all over the place. Here is the comparison

The blower is officially out of spunk :) time to upgrade.

Last edited:
Nice!!!

The question is, can it provide emissions-compliant OBD2 port output?

I mean for us guys with crappy California gas and no easy access to e85... I'm very curious how well the standalone ecu is doing for you.

- - - Updated - - -

This goes wo saying but I reckon you are able to advance the timing with the corn but arguably you can do that with a basic ems with timing control.

I mean for us guys with crappy California gas and no easy access to e85... I'm very curious how well the standalone ecu is doing for you.

- - - Updated - - -

This goes wo saying but I reckon you are able to advance the timing with the corn but arguably you can do that with a basic ems with timing control.

Arguably yes, but with the intake temps of this inefficient setup, I wouldn't advance the timing more than the stock map even with 93 octane...for safety sake.

You using their TC function yet? That's what I'm working on with mine. This firmware has the potential to self tune the fuel map with ease, just have to wait for the software side to catch up.

That is sweet. Nice results

Any issues with idling and starting. Problem with the modified AEM units in the past has been idle at baseline, stalling as the RPMs fall when you depress the clutch and a lot of cranking to start. Has this been solved with the Infinity?

Any issues with idling and starting. Problem with the modified AEM units in the past has been idle at baseline, stalling as the RPMs fall when you depress the clutch and a lot of cranking to start. Has this been solved with the Infinity?

Starts with no issues even in the cold of winter. Infinity units are not piggybacked like the other dbw setups so there is full control over the throttle body. Link shows an example of startup and idle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGhPNG2Ja0

- - - Updated - - -

You using their TC function yet? That's what I'm working on with mine. This firmware has the potential to self tune the fuel map with ease, just have to wait for the software side to catch up.

Yes I have used it already and its awesome. Yes they will include a feature called VE learn eventually. But they want to make sure it works flawlessly first

Last edited:
Yes I have used it already and its awesome. Yes they will include a feature called VE learn eventually. But they want to make sure it works flawlessly first

Are you using all 4 wheel speed inputs for it? VR or Digital?

Using the factory sensors and this particular setup only needs two (1 front 1 rear) and works just fine.

I assume this setup is intended to see slip only in a straight line for TC but what about in turning where you would need to see all 4 or at least both rear wheel speeds? Where are you taping in to get your wheel speed signals? At the TC ECU or elsewhere and are they still mag signals at that point or already converted to analog/digital?

I assume this setup is intended to see slip only in a straight line for TC but what about in turning where you would need to see all 4 or at least both rear wheel speeds? Where are you taping in to get your wheel speed signals? At the TC ECU or elsewhere and are they still mag signals at that point or already converted to analog/digital?
I believe youre looking for stability control not just straightline traction control. i foresee lots and lots of tuning time for stability control if even the infinity offers it in the first place?

I believe youre looking for stability control not just straightline traction control. i foresee lots and lots of tuning time for stability control if even the infinity offers it in the first place?

Correct, It is in their future plans.

I am considering the infinity for my NA car- I have access to a AEM pro tuner. I will update if I pull the trigger.

Why does it come with a throttle body and adapter?

Can it not work with the factory throttle body? Guessing this is down to the stepper motor?

Will you be offering a base map with the setup which includes all the nice goodies like TC etc. Just leaving a installer to re-map.

And how much?

Back