• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM Series 1 vs. TCS

I have an AEM Series 1 system installed on my 91 NSX. I've been told that TCS can be programmed through that system, but I've never known anyone to do it (I'm guessing because it is labor intensive?).

Has anyone enabled TCS with with the AEM Series 1 installed on an NSX, and if so, could you provide details about how you accomplished the process?

Thanks...

This is a related question. Can someone post some info on how the TCS on the EMS works?

Does it sense wheel slippage via the wheel speed sensors? Does it have correction factors (especially on the NSX because the front wheel spins faster than the rear). Does it interface into the 4-wheel abs system?

If someone can "tune" this properly and sell it for the NSX I think there's a huge market potential here. It'll certainly prevent a lot of the accidents you see on the street regarding NSXs imho.

Most standalone TCS cals just look at each individual wheel speed and you can math it out to retard timing when wheel slippage occurs.

Most standalone TCS cals just look at each individual wheel speed and you can math it out to retard timing when wheel slippage occurs.

What he said but I don't think that you could retain factory TCS at all with the AEM S1. It was not a software programmable option on the AEM S1 either.

I retained factory TCS after Cody at LoveFab installed an S2 in place of the FIC that was unable to alllow adequate timing control.

S2 has native TCS built-in but would have taken an extra maybe 4-5 hours tuning to set-up.

Back