• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

After market exhaust sound preferences

I've seen NSX's with the DTM tips - the dual tips on each side that turn upwards at the ends - and i've heard them too... they sound too much like a deisel truck to me.. i was wanting to know which exhaust system sounds more sporty as in more like the exotic sports car sound instead of an american muscle car sound... I'm not really looking for more of a deeper sound, just a little louder... something that will kind of drown out the sound of the clicking vtec valves and louder when I open up the throttle... in other words i want it to be loud only when i step on the gas rather than all the time... dont want the sound to be annoying! I've checked the FAQ and the only descriptions that are there are "Loud" and "not so loud" type of stuff.. i want real world experiences here...
smile.gif
thanks guyz

I have an RSR and wouldn't trade it in for anything. The sound is similar to a F355 but just a little different (2 less cylinders). The sound is not annoying and isn't too loud unless you WOT it. I've taken four 2000+ mile trips in the NSX and haven't gone deaf yet.

IMHO.

Vic

So what IS the solution?? I bought an exotic sports car (i'm still having trouble getting over the fact i own an exotic at 23 yrs old
smile.gif
)so I can make it sound like an exotic sports car! SOMEONE HELP US!!

have you ever listen to a older, say early 90s F1 car from the cockpit--through in-car videos? The NSX has a very similar sound to that. It just doesn't sound loud from the outside, that's all.

also, the RSR is not out of production. It's just not imported into US anymore, the Japanese version is $2500

------------------
I know nothing about Honda NSX
http://www.geocities.com/maomaonsx

Personally I think the Comptech Exhaust has a raspy Motorcycle like noise. Sounds ALOT like a 2 stroke Honda Bike. The RM has a LOUD idle, but under throttle its not bad, just a bit fuller than stock. The CT Supertrapp's I have are just a *tad* obnoxious, not for everyone I guess..I personally think its the best sounding one. I dont know about RS-R, but that high pitched F1 sound would be really cool to have..

------------------
'91 Black/Black #1213
Dali Clutch/Flywheel
Comptech Sway Bars
K&N Cone intake
Comptech/Supertrapp Exhaust

I listened to the Finster Exhaust sound on Dali webpage and it sounds quite nice esp when it get up in the RPM.

Maybe if they didnt stick out so far.. I like the sound of that, but that's the in-cabin sound right? So i would assume alot of that sound is coming from your intake correct??

Sounds good tho!
wink.gif

Electro, you are right the "acceleration" sound was recorded from inside the cabin but the "revs" sound was from outside.

And yes, the intake helps a little bit !
wink.gif

ThaNSX

Electro, I disagree with Edo on the sound of the CT System. People who have heard mine have remarked that it is similar at top end, to the Ferrari 360 Modena. From inside the car, though, you can’t tell, so I had my son drive the car and wind it out in first gear as he past me and shift into second. I was amazed by how loud it sounded from outside the car and impressed with the quality of the sound. It truly can be described as exotic. While the RM exhaust sounds nice at low speed, it gets (IMO) wimpy at top end.

am i the only one that thinks the RSR exhaust sounds nothing like a F355? My friend had an 98 F355 Spider (he now owns a 550) and the music it plays it through the engine exhaust and intake.

I have the RM exhaust a bit on the deeper note but sounds great IMHO....the comptech units first looks like crap, does not flow with the body line of the car just two round things sticking out of the tail...and has this buzz to it....could have been an older unit...but i think they are ugly regardless.

Back