• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alarm Installer in Texas

I need a alarm installed in my NSX here in Texas. I already have LoJack. However I am looking to install another alarm with keyless entry. Any recommendations? Looking for someone who has already worked on an NSX.

You might want to state a city being that Texas is a pretty big friggin state. That would help get you an answer.

You might want to state a city being that Texas is a pretty big friggin state. That would help get you an answer.

Matt,

You're killing me man....why not just tell me who is good in Houston since that is where you are from.

I said TEXAS because I work all over the state. I am in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas regularly.

You own an NSX so you know that when people "say" they have worked on an NSX chances are they lying to you.

I talked to a shop in Austin today and asked the guy if he had done an NSX before and he told me he had. Here was our conversation....

Me: Have you ever installed an audio system in an NSX?
Him: "Sure did".
Me: Where did you get power for the amp?
Him: "I wired the power to the battery"
Me: Interesting, how did you get the cable to the battery?
Him: "I cut a hole behind the seat"
Me: "Are you sure you cut a hole behind the seat?"
Him: "Yep"
Me: Why didn't you use the grommet behind the passenger seat or the existing hole behind the drivers seat?
Him: "Oh, wait did you say NSX? We just install the amp behind the rear seat"
Me: Behind the rear seat?
Him: "Yeah, we fold down the front seat and put it behind the rear seat"
Me: The NSX doesn't have any rear seats.
Him: "Oh..what year NSX are you talking about?"
Me: ALL OF THEM, none of them have rear seats.

Alex at CarToys (Willowbrook Store-Houston) did my car stereo. Pictures posted in the Electronics forum. He is really good.....Jim

Lakeside Audio upgraded my stock sound system with with speakers, subs, tweeters and amp. I would not hesitate to have them install anything electronic on my car.

Conroe, TX (936) 760-1510

I also second Jim's comments on Alex at Car Toy's. he did an excellent install on his new system.

Back