• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Alcantara for Door Inserts, Shift Boots from Carbon 6

Agreed! Oh please God let him find some blue for me:biggrin:

I second that, man that would hot in blue......:biggrin:

I wanted to thank Jeff for the Alcantara,

I installed everything this weekend and I loved it.

I have a bit left so I might do my center console.

although I think the pattern runs one way. I might have to take that second panel out and flip the material.

Looks real nice. Seems to match your seats well also.

The material does have a bias and it's best to cut all the pieces in the same direction. Just flip the material on that second insert and you'll be spot on.

Great job.

I just received some more Blue color samples in. I think we can find a match for the OEM Blue.

Jeff

Jeff,

just to keep you updated: all that stuff we talked about it's not forgotten...just postponed :wink:

keep up the excellent work you do.

Thanks,
Nuno

I wanted to thank Jeff for the Alcantara,

I installed everything this weekend and I loved it.

I have a bit left so I might do my center console.

I'll post pix if I do.

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

although I think the pattern runs one way. I might have to take that second panel out and flip the material.
Looks great!

Was this difficult to do DIY?

I am debating doing this myself or replacing the entire section you did in red with CF.

Looks real nice. Seems to match your seats well also.

The material does have a bias and it's best to cut all the pieces in the same direction. Just flip the material on that second insert and you'll be spot on.

Great job.

I just received some more Blue color samples in. I think we can find a match for the OEM Blue.

Jeff

ready and waiting on you to take my money please:biggrin:

Jeff any update pics yet from the blue you just got?

Here are the blue samples.

DSCF2558sm.jpg

Here's a pic of my interior ( yeah my mats are dirty quiet Tim ). Looks like the BL106 is the closest match. Any perforated material to match Jeff?

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpg
    IMG_2448.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 426
That material is available but not in the US. It would take 5-7 days to arrive. As for the perforated material, I would need to have that custom made. That would be a 20 yard minimum and ~ 3 week lead time. If there is enough interest I will order it.

Jeff

That material is available but not in the US. It would take 5-7 days to arrive. As for the perforated material, I would need to have that custom made. That would be a 20 yard minimum and ~ 3 week lead time. If there is enough interest I will order it.

Jeff

Doh! Can't catch a break with this can I ..lol The perforated would look so sweet on the doors.

Here's a pic of my interior ( yeah my mats are dirty quiet Tim ). Looks like the BL106 is the closest match. Any perforated material to match Jeff?

Damn get that half broke vacuum out there and clean will ya! :wink: I agree though the BL106 looks to be the best match and yes the perforated would look hot but I would be happy w/ the non-perforated as well.....

If any of you are looking for the Blue 106 I can order that in. As I mentioned, it would take 3-5 days to get to me. If I can get enough total yardage (say 7 yards) it's worth the shipping. Material would run $72/yard.

Jeff

Put me on the list for a yard.

New Material Available:
I just got in ~25 yards of this Dark Charcoal Alcantara from Italy. It is slightly wider than normal rolls at 58.5" or 148cm. It has a thin (1/16") foam backing already bonded to it. Great for wrapping interior parts where you want soft corners and fewer wrinkles. Price is $74 /running yard.

DSCF2578sm.jpg

New Avorio Alcantara in stock.

DSCF2581sm.jpg

This color is slightly "warmer" than the factory Ivory. Very close though.

Hi Jeff,
can you PM me quote for perforated Red for R/L door inserts?

would like to cover the little cubby box in center console in red.

Hi Jeff,
can you PM me quote for perforated Red for R/L door inserts?

would like to cover the little cubby box in center console in red.

PM Sent.
As a note: the red perforated material was a special color that only Downforce currently has. Arlant Red (perforated).

Hey Jeff, I have an odd question for you. Can you tell me whether or not all genuine Alcantara fabric has the brand logo on the backside? I've been told that the perforated Alcantara doesn't have the logo, but I'm skeptical of that. You're definitely a trustworthy Alcantara reseller, so I'd love your thoughts on this. Hopefully I'll be winning a few of your eBay auctions btw. :)

Hey Jeff, I have an odd question for you. Can you tell me whether or not all genuine Alcantara fabric has the brand logo on the backside? I've been told that the perforated Alcantara doesn't have the logo, but I'm skeptical of that. You're definitely a trustworthy Alcantara reseller, so I'd love your thoughts on this. Hopefully I'll be winning a few of your eBay auctions btw. :)

Sorry for the tardiness. Just saw this post now.

The Alcantara brand is an OEM exclusive. In some cases, when we get discontinued OEM stock, it will have the Alcantara logo on the back. Others will have the brand markings on the role core (cardboard tube the material comes on). Some will have the brand stamp on the first yard of the material with the lot numbers. Also, much of our new material is special contract production. This is made for us to the specification of the Alcantara (tightness of pile, UV protection, fire retardant, etc). Perfect example is the deep black. That originally was an OEM Alcantara stamped material that was discontinued. Because of the popularity, we contracted the manufacturer to make that exact material for us. Because there are only limited colors and even more limited availability of the current OEM material, We end up having to do customs material/die runs.

A few years ago, I would say if does not have the Alcantara logo on it, it's fake. Now, you need to do your research. Even some OEM companies use the same grade material but do not pay the licensing to call it "Alcantara". I have worked with Toray for a few years now. They will validate any material we have. Hope that helps.

Back