• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

*alert* another stolen car

Unfortunately, I have to report that another one of our brothers had their nsx stolen. I ran into VAMPNSX on the freeway tonight and he told me that it was stolen a couple of days ago. She was a red nsx with nsxm turbo, black rims, tein suspension, taitec wing, and nos. Please, keep an eye out for this car. I believe randy has a picture of it and would appreciate everyones attention to this tragedy.

Linh

medusa said:
Unfortunately, I have to report that another one of our brothers had their nsx stolen.

Oh no, not another one! Pass on my condolences! :( NSXTASY is right most likely someone will see that not work on it, and the thief will part out that car if it hasn't been shipped overseas yet! Anyone have a VIN we should look out for?

I think everyone should keep an eye out on eBay, you never know when stolen car parts may turn up!

nicholas421 said:
maybe larry stole it

Both VampNSX and Darkcyd had their cars worked on by NSXM...hmm. as they do both live in LA thats logical but if anymore turn up missing that did deal with NSXM considering what has transpired....?
David

OMG- WTF!!!!!!!
I'm sorry Vamp. where and when??

Best of luck buddy, everyone I'm pretty sure that the turbo was already yanked from this car a couple months ago due to problems, and was runnning N/A.

I'm scared to even park my car anywhere now for a period of time.
:mad:

OMG

Okay, this is not good. I'm already hyper paranoid about taking my NSX out, but had very few fears about mine being stolen until hearing about these two local cases.

Hope the thieves are caught this time...

Holy cow... dude, I'm so sorry to hear that! Hopefully Vamp can give us the lowdown on what happened. I'll definitely be looking out for your car, it's hard to miss! It is kind of scary to have two of these incidents occur in the same city within such a short period of time. On a better note, my car is being worked on and should be back on the road in about a week or so.

Sheez!!! This is so TERRIBLE to hear!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I hope he stops in here soon so that we hear what's being done.

This is about the only picture I could find of VampNSX:

DSC03529.JPG

-Randy

this is ridiculous....another one gone in LA? so close together...may be linked together by authorities.

aside: i'm disappointed that the NSX wasn't even on the list for the 50 cars stolen in the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds"...that supposedly took place in LA (???)

Re: Re: *alert* another stolen car

nsxtasy said:
I hope the thief has a problem with the Turbo and finds out there's no one who will work on it any more.

Actually, vamp had his car fixed. He told me that it was taken to Gary down in Costa Mesa and all he could say was that the engine was blown. What really bothered me was that he took it to another mechanic that replaced a gasket and she ran fine.

She was stolen at the Montebello Mall with another cars. He thought that the security guards, who played stupid, might be in it.

I'll talk to Vamp tonight so that he can share his experience with everyone.

Sorry to hear that your car got stolen. :( It was bad enough when Darkcyd's car was taken. Now we have two incidents within several weeks of each other in the same county. This is so scary. I was told NSX's were'nt high on the list of car theives because of their rarity and difficulty in parting out cars. Now I'm getting more paraniod to leave my car anywhere. :eek: :eek: :eek:

BTW - Those "Rent a cop/Mall Security" dudes are worthless!! A friend of mine had his car broken into while they drove right past the f@#*'n punks :mad: . They really don't care b'cuz the signs state that the Mall is not responsible for your car while it is on their premises.

Blue Knight said:
this is ridiculous....another one gone in LA?

HI Guys

Well as you can see I got my NSX stolen. If you guy could keep a eye out for it I would really be grateful. It was taken Saturday from Montebello Plaza on the AMC theater. I have no idea what time they took it but it was any were from 6pm to 10pm. I am hoping that they find it cause I put so much money into it that if they don't I will lose lots of money. If you guys see it call me at 323 687 0783. Medusa told you what parts are most likely to be seen on E-Bay.

I just hope that I get it back cause I loved that car.

VampNSX said:
...Well as you can see I got my NSX stolen. If you guy could keep a eye out for it I would really be grateful. It was taken Saturday from Montebello Plaza on the AMC theater. I have no idea what time they took it but it was any were from 6pm to 10pm. I am hoping that they find it cause I put so much money into it that if they don't I will lose lots of money. If you guys see it call me at 323 687 0783. Medusa told you what parts are most likely to be seen on E-Bay...I just hope that I get it back cause I loved that car.

VampNSX,

Wanted to pass on my condolences as well. Hope the car is recovered soon, and in good condition. Do you want to provide us the VIN so that, in the worst case situation (God forbid), we can log the VIN in the Reference of the FAQ.

Regards.

VAMPNSX,

We feel for you, man. Losing an NSX is like losing a family member...we lose sleep, can't eat, etc....my heart sunk into the abyss when I got my first dent which is nothing compared to it being stolen.

I'm in Northern Cal and I move around the bay Area a lot so I'll definitely keep an eye out for your car if it gets anywhere near here....the NSX network is working for you!!

BTW, do you mind posting your plate #? PM me if you want it private.

Montebello mall?!

Ohhh snap! That's not very far from me @ work!
And I brought my NSX today (which I do every other friday).

This is not good. :mad:

Re: Lojack with Early Warning

NoClgDeg said:
Nuff said.

it's common knowledge that the lojack is only effective in the very early onset of the theft. It's not the all miracle answer to car thefts. When a member's car is stolen, we try to provide support and assistence, and not sarcasm of in the line of "i told you so".

you have repeatedly stating lojack as the answer, same as in the other thread regarding darkcyd's car. Drumming up business for your lojack shop?

Back