• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Almost finished. OE purists beware

Well, I finally got the car back down on the ground today. I've added Taitec rear 1/4's, Yokata front fenders, race hatch, etc., etc. Thanks to Chris @ SOS, Gerry Johnson (awesome hatch), and most importantly, my body guy and good friend Steve. He did some really neat stuff (IE polished CBR 900 functional fuel filler door).

I'll get it cleaned up and out of the garage soon and get some better pix. In the mean time:

fb6f25a7.jpg

fb6f2594.jpg

fb6f2585.jpg

fb6f2575.jpg

great looking car, congrats!!!

Wow that's sick!

As for the hatch, are you talking about the glass portion or the "roof duct" like on Gerry's nsx? Man your car is so sweeet, I can't wait for more pics.

ravi

Looks good Ben !!

Are you using the hatch scoop to feed an (air-to-air?) intercooler to your turbo, or is it mainly for cosmetics/appearance.

Any track events planned later this season ??

Congrats Ben - you had the vision to make that front end look really great!
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif

Getting rid of the "elf-shoe" splitters & replacing them with that simple style is so much more attractive.
(Be interesting to see how the comments go compared to that front's original airing here on 'Prime!!!!
pain.gif
)
Whole car looks much better than your last iteration from my perspective actually - it looks much more an ensemble than a collection of pieces. Wing complements the car perfectly.

Looks great Ben I think the Mesh would look better painted Black instead of the Silver JMO.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Ben,

I think your car does in fact look wonderful. Everything compliments very well. I agree that getting rid of the ' "elf-shoe" splitters' or as I like to refer to them as the "handlebar mustache look" is a drastic improvement in and of itself. Now all you have to do is get it on the road so the awe's and ooh's can begin ;)

Hard Work Pays Off

Ben,
It's great to see your hard work paying off. I know this project's been in the works for quite awhile. Hopefully you'll be enjoying your NSX again soon. A+ for personal expression!
Scott

Where did you get the mesh for the scoops and vents? It seems to carry a 2-tone shine and color from the pictures. The ride lloks incredible. I love the hood as well.

Thanks for all of the complements guys. Going to get some coil-overs on in the next few weeks. I need more drop than the Eibachs provide.

Stockton,

The rear hatch is from Gerry Johnson. It utilizes a factory aluminum frame, a lexan hatch and carbon fiber duct. We'll see how well it holds up at speed:p It is just for looks/engine cooling. I haven't changed the location of my turbo intercoolers from behind the rear wheels.

I'll take some pix of the interior and closer pix of the rear hatch soon.

Tom,

I'll try to make it to the next drive. I'll watch the boards to make plans accordingly.

Juice,

The mesh is an aluminum mesh that is made by APC. It comes in 1 ft x 3 ft sheets for $40. Easy to mold around and has a nice luster IMO.

Thanks again, Guys,

Ben

Originally posted by smoore
sweet ..........
when ya coming back down for a visit so i can check it out in person?

I want your hood ornament....or dream!!!!!!:eek:

:cool: P.S. Sorry Beck...I was distracted....That is one fine ride you have created....Brent

Back