• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Am I the longest running member without an NSX?

As an 04 member, I get excited anytime someone post that they got their baby. My time will come eventually and I know that. I'm looking forward to Teej and a few others to get their cars. Sticking around a forum for something you do not own shows your dedication, interest, and appreciation for it.

I've been looking around on here for at least 10 years, but I've never been able to join until a few days ago because I've always used free email services. In fact, I had to cheat and use my fiance's email address to sign up! **Please don't kick me out!** I've dreamed about owning an NSX for as far back as I can remember, but it's always been nothing but just that...a dream.

In Nov. of 06 I bought my other dream car, an S2000. I've loved that car so much, and it really pains me to think of it, but I'm looking to part it out and sell the car in order to fund the purchase of an NSX. (I only get 1 toy at a time, so tough decisions have to be made.) The nice part is that I will be able to purchase the car outright, so ownership in it's true sense will be instant for me, and that is such a good feeling!

As of right now, I'm in cahoots with a couple guys that are looking to improve on their S2000's, and I have a number of almost new parts to sell. I'm hoping to have a number of my big ticket items sold pretty soon, thanks to one owner that is looking to sell his supercharged Elise to fund his S2000 build. The harder part will be selling the car itself because who knows how long that will take, but I know that all good things come in time, and I'm a very patient person.

As someone who hasn't purchased an NSX yet, this thread is hilarious.

Funny how many people are active / lurking members and don't own an NSX.

I'm in that boat. Joined in July 2008, lurking since 2005.

I've tasted NSX blood, but haven't bitten yet :biggrin:

Funny how many people are active / lurking members and don't own an NSX.

I'm in that boat. Joined in July 2008, lurking since 2005.

I've tasted NSX blood, but haven't bitten yet :biggrin:

Yeah, a complete stranger let me drive his slightly modded red/black back in late '98, and in '00 I drove a bone stock '92 up here in Michigan that belonged to a friend of a friend.

I lurked for a while and then joined when I was trying to decide on getting the NSX. Since then....I've been through a couple BMWs including an M5. I still wanted a NSX, but I got scared off by financing an older vehicle, insurance etc. I had a monster of a M5 but still wanted the sports car feel. Couldn't justify adding the NSX because I'm sure my wife wouldn't go for it. I ended up adding a 350z instead to go with the M5. Sold the M5 after 5 years of ownership because I felt it was time to part ways. And then 6 months of owning/modding the Z....sold it. I just never felt an attachment to the 350z. It was a fun and easy on the wallet car, but not my cup of tea. The 350z community was a little too immature for me as well. I joined the Z forums, but never really posted. Confirmation of needing to sell the Z was when a girl tried to race me in a Scion. The M5 was my baby and I think about it often but not enough to want another one. The NSX has always been lingering. I still lurked on this site even after my other car purchases. I was debating on buying a 911, but I think it's now time for me to pursue the car that I can't get out of my mind. I'm looking for something that I will keep and be happy with for a long time and the NSX fits the bill. THis is the first time in a while that I've only had one vehicle. My garage is empty (except my motorcycle) so I can't wait for the day I bring a NSX to its new home.

Last edited:
A fellow primer who will remain unnamed for now has been holding his '9* blk/** for me since I made it clear I have serious interest in his car about a month ago.

I have reached out to another unnamed primer in the same area as the car who has great knowledge and experience and will be performing the PPI w/compression test.

If everything stays on schedule, I plan to take possession in the next 45-50 days. :wink:

Had this thought yesterday.... am I the longest running member of NSXprime that does NOT yet have an NSX yet?

:biggrin:
:biggrin:

You are now. I just bought an NSX, picking it up Sunday. I've been a member for 5 years but a lurker for 10. I wold have joined sooner but i also use free email.

Also a long time member, visit the forum weekly, but never owned.

Still in the plans, just waiting for the right moment

I jinxed myself, this target NSX is now in jeopardy =(

I have learned the hard way to keep very quiet until the title is in my bag and I am driving away. Some people just have way too much money and can move on things recklessly fast, making it harder for us regular folk...

That said, fingers crossed your 9* blk/** comes home with you after all!

I have learned the hard way to keep very quiet until the title is in my bag and I am driving away. Some people just have way too much money and can move on things recklessly fast, making it harder for us regular folk...

That said, fingers crossed your 9* blk/** comes home with you after all!

Funny, I am the exact same way usually. Oh well, if it doesn't work out, there's always another train coming. I sent an email offering an additional $2k if the seller sticks to the original plan. If not, (shrug) can't cry too much about something you never had. =)

I owned a '91 before joining the forum and bought a '00 shortly after joining. I sold it a number of years ago and miss the car quite a bit.

I owned a '91 before joining the forum and bought a '00 shortly after joining. I sold it a number of years ago and miss the car quite a bit.

........well you have the garage space:biggrin:

Woo hoo! Congrats Teej! Looking forward to the photos and details! :smile:

free-party-smileys-817.gif
free-party-smileys-243.gif
382381176_5611378c62_o.gif

you are now banned from posting in this thread.........congratulations on ownership:biggrin:

congratulations teej! i am jealous that you no longer share my pain of non-ownership.

cant wait to read up on your story as well as see some pictures of your car.

I am no longer the longest running Prime member w/o an NSX. I drove it yesterday and pick it up Friday the 17th (8/17/12).

Fantastic! Really glad to hear the news. Wow! this is gonna be good. You already got the test drive, anticipation must be unbearable. Way to go teej

Congrats, i know you've been waiting a long time. I waited about 10 years myself, and just bought mine 4 weeks ago.

It's worth the wait, you're going to love owning it. I drive mine every chance i get. I'm always looking for execuses to drive it

Back