• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ancient Aliens

Anybody here seen or following this series by History Channel?

I love this series, many of the evidence are very convincing that earth was visited by the aliens long time ago.

Even for non-believers I still recommend it because it's a really fun and educational show to watch.

I love this show! granted, some of the stuff is even to far fetched for me, but some of the stuff really feels in the gaps in history. their explanations of why and how they moved these stones weighing 2 or 300 tons really is interesting. great show!

Nope. But I saw the predator movie where they showed how the earth was ruled by predators! It was also educational!

I actually watched both seasons of Ancient Aliens currently available on Netflix. I have to say most of the stuff they bring up is convincing. I'm not really a believer but I'm also not a doubter so I find shows like these very interesting.

Huge fan of the show and a facebook follower of George Tsoukalos (the guy with the crazy hair). He's got quite the following of fans!

I really liked watching this show. I stumbled upon it on Netflix. I really like their enthusiasm with all the topics they cover. Some of it is a little far-fetched, but what the heck, it's fun to speculate. Also some of the things they talk about is done in a very convincing way. So it makes me think, and I like that.

Just think about this -

The Universe has 1 billion systems and there are 1 billion stars (planets) in each system.

Earth is just one little dust particle.

Do you still think we're alone?

Statistically speaking, maybe not. But think about the age and expanse of the universe. It's not just if, but where and when. They have to be close enough, and advanced enough. Think about our timeline. Life appeared roughly 3 1/2 billion years ago. Took us another 2 1/2 billion to be multi-celled. We've been only technically advanced enough to detect another very distant 'noisy' (technologically advanced, radio emissions, etc) civ for maybe the past 75 years. So 75 out of 3 1/2 billion years, or roughly .00000002143 of the total time life has existed on earth, have we been really listening or able to communicated with a distant civ. Now I imagine it would go the same way for any other life out there in space. Maybe someday in the extremely distant future (if we don't kill ourselves off first) we'll be 'old' enough technologically to maybe detect and communicate with another civ who is also 'old' enough to talk back.

I also came across this season 1 on Netflix. I was surprised by how interesting it was to me! Crazy stuff and like other said pretty far fetched at times, but I can't help but watch it when I have time. Alot of it makes more sense than the stuff we were taught in schools.

I like the guy with the crazy hair too! He reminds me of Rob Schneider.

Last edited:
My position - So What?

Even if there were aliens here, or where ever they may be:

- Do we all of a sudden become civil to one another
- No more wars
- No more starving children

Probably nothing would change (unless they decide to come here - then we're probably screwed), so big deal Lucille.

Statistically speaking, maybe not. But think about the age and expanse of the universe. It's not just if, but where and when. They have to be close enough, and advanced enough. Think about our timeline. Life appeared roughly 3 1/2 billion years ago. Took us another 2 1/2 billion to be multi-celled. We've been only technically advanced enough to detect another very distant 'noisy' (technologically advanced, radio emissions, etc) civ for maybe the past 75 years. So 75 out of 3 1/2 billion years, or roughly .00000002143 of the total time life has existed on earth, have we been really listening or able to communicated with a distant civ. Now I imagine it would go the same way for any other life out there in space. Maybe someday in the extremely distant future (if we don't kill ourselves off first) we'll be 'old' enough technologically to maybe detect and communicate with another civ who is also 'old' enough to talk back.

lets carry your reasoning a little farther...If our Big bang theory is correct (that being all matter was produced at one point in time),and it took "nature" ,God, "natural order" to get us to this stage now, then it stands to reason that most other life in the universe all started at about the same time so more than likely all the other myriad civilizations are just like us starring into space wondering what if.........I wonder if Honda on regularis 6 in the andromeda galaxy sucks as much as ours.....:frown:

You know in regards to the topic of Ancient Aliens and their idea that gods and angels are really aliens. I thought of another alternative idea that maybe these gods and angles are really just some other earth based advanced civilization, that harness the ability to fly around and they were just flying to different locations trolling the less advanced societies. :biggrin:

Maybe that's why angles and gods are always portrayed as human like... because maybe they were humans from the start lol. Just wanted to throw the idea out there.

lets carry your reasoning a little farther...If our Big bang theory is correct (that being all matter was produced at one point in time),and it took "nature" ,God, "natural order" to get us to this stage now, then it stands to reason that most other life in the universe all started at about the same time so more than likely all the other myriad civilizations are just like us starring into space wondering what if.........I wonder if Honda on regularis 6 in the andromeda galaxy sucks as much as ours.....:frown:

That's a good point, though I can see that it might be possible that other forms of life could have started a bit earlier than us (or not!). Current predictions put the universe at a bit under 14 billion years old, solar system formed maybe 4 1/2 billion years ago, took a billion years or so for everything to cool down and become resonably habitable for microorganisms. It's possible somewhere else life could have started 6 billion years ago, etc. Then again, earth is a pretty 'cushy' place in the grand scheme, good for development of life forms as we know it - so many factors it's hard to say really. The really neat thing though is the concept of life based on a completely different chemical makeup. Here on Earth, everything is 'carbon based' - formed from carbon bonded with various other things (primarily oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen). Most life is based on DNA (exception are small things like viruses, but often from DNA fragments). Think about an organism based on a completely different base element, like Silicon, and how completely 'alien' it would be....just did some poking around on google on Silicon based life theory - " It has been suggested that silicone-based chemicals would be more stable than equivalent hydrocarbons in a sulfuric-acid-rich environment, as is found in some extraterrestrial locations".:biggrin:

You know in regards to the topic of Ancient Aliens and their idea that gods and angels are really aliens.......Maybe that's why angles and gods are always portrayed as human like... because maybe they were humans from the start lol. Just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Yep, there are ancient drawings and art that depict flying machines way before these machines were even invented. They are keeping the alien thing a secret since it would crush religion as we know it.

Just imagine if the gods and angels were actually aliens....

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/exopolitica/esp_exopolitics_Q_0.htm

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8Nc-gG7vIY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s8Nc-gG7vIY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XRMrMdn0NQ?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8XRMrMdn0NQ?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXIWKQOu-k8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXIWKQOu-k8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

well we were using tubes in out tv's then 5 years later microchips?

hmmmmm roswell ring a bell?

but like the other post stated billions of stars and we are the only smart being's

its kinda a no-brainer

Did you guys see that one documentary? I forgot the name but it's really compelling. In it, they show all sorts of beings and aliens from a multitude of planets. And to really underscore how big the universe is, it turns out the entire documentary chronicles things from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

VW has been working with aliens for years:

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b-lsQZECCiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

One of the things that I found very interesting is Coral Castle. It was covered in one of their episodes. I would recommend to check it out. Here's a website about it.

http://coralcastle.com/

Back