• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ancient Aliens

Did you guys see that one documentary? I forgot the name but it's really compelling. In it, they show all sorts of beings and aliens from a multitude of planets. And to really underscore how big the universe is, it turns out the entire documentary chronicles things from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

300px-Opening_crawl.jpg

Back in 2008 the Vatican announced they accept the idea that intelligent beings can exist in outer space. For any religious group to accept the ideas of aliens exist is like shooting themselves in the foot. This in my opinion is another obvious evidence that the astronomers of the Vatican knows something and is preparing for the unavoidable - that one day in the (near) future the fact that aliens do exist and have visited earth will be unveiled to the public.

I have been watching them all. Pretty good show. Very interesting stuff that I had never heard of before.

My biggest question is if the ET were all visiting back then, why did they stop?

I have been watching them all. Pretty good show. Very interesting stuff that I had never heard of before.

My biggest question is if the ET were all visiting back then, why did they stop?

They realized there was no intelligent life on this planet... just warring tribes with weapons we can't fully understand.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

yup love the show. saw both season on netflix

Ha ..I knew you were a body snatcher Steve!!!!!!!!!

the show is great in it offers new ideas so to speak to the general public but some of them are so off the wall that I don't need a guy with a giant hairdo to convince me they are BS.

The coolest thing I have heard about is the "greek" clock found and the ancient maps(forgot their names and there are two) that show the EXACT coast lines of countries/land that we technically never visited at that time according to history books. One shows Iceland...without ice and a type of Satellite picture proves it is accurate...which makes the maps at least 3000yrs old. :eek:

(Iceland is technically two landmasses)

Finished season 1. It was good stuff. Enjoyed it a lot.

I didn't like the angles one that much, but it asked a lot of good questions. If ancient people drew pictures of what they saw, why were there so many people with wings. Doesn't make any sense to me.

If ancient people drew pictures of what they saw, why were there so many people with wings. Doesn't make any sense to me.

From Art History classes back in college. Paintings and art is not a direct photographic like record of what was seen. Symbolism, transcent the story an artist is trying to tell. Wings can mean they are from the sky like birds. Sizes difference doesnt mean they are giants but a different in class, Wealth and Statue.

NASA-JUNO-SPACECRAFT-PICTURE-OF-EARTH-MOON.jpg

This is the Earth (left) and the moon (right) shot from the Juno Spacecraft from 6 Million miles away...... we're just a spec of dust! :eek:

I do love the AA series. It does fill in a lot of gaps for me as well, but where have they gone if they were here before? Why did they leave? Or did they even leave at all? :biggrin:

I just watched a few episodes... I see absolutely no evidence of aliens... The show is very entertaining though...

5 thousand years ago, they don't have OSHA or labor unions. When the kings/emperors/Pharaohs wanted some thing done, people will get it done with back breaking labors.

The physics/math is pretty simple for those type of architectures. I don't see what the big deal is other than people are trying to figure out how they are made, and they will never know until we invent a time machine.

For example, one episode talked about the face of a pharaoh statue, how you can reverse it and it will look identical. As if that is hard to achieve.

Watched my 1st episode last night. Some of the boulders are 20/30+ tons. How they were moved inplace is beyond imagination. How they were cut and shaped with primitive tools is even more boggling.:confused:

I just watched a few episodes... I see absolutely no evidence of aliens... The show is very entertaining though...

5 thousand years ago, they don't have OSHA or labor unions. When the kings/emperors/Pharaohs wanted some thing done, people will get it done with back breaking labors.

The physics/math is pretty simple for those type of architectures. I don't see what the big deal is other than people are trying to figure out how they are made, and they will never know until we invent a time machine.

For example, one episode talked about the face of a pharaoh statue, how you can reverse it and it will look identical. As if that is hard to achieve.

Well you can think that all you want, but watching last nights show on ancient architects, it seems highly unlikely even a 1000 men could move 50 tons rocks up a slide of a cliff and cut out rocks with laser percision.

But who knows. It is a great show.

I am also a huge fan of the show. The thing that always gets me is the amount of knowledge ancient human beings had about astronomy and also the importance they placed on it (such as the alignment of civic structures). Also curious is the rate of technological progress in the past 100 years when compared to the past few thousand.

Well you can think that all you want, but watching last nights show on ancient architects, it seems highly unlikely even a 1000 men could move 50 tons rocks up a slide of a cliff and cut out rocks with laser percision.

But who knows. It is a great show.
I'm curious. Back then if you actually had 1000+ men to move boulders, what did you feed them? How do you feed 1000+ men in those days. You could'nt just order up 1000 pizza's.:confused:

Never mind how men it took to move the huge stones.

What kind of heavy duty strings/straps/chains were used to move them???:eek::biggrin:

Watched my 1st episode last night. Some of the boulders are 20/30+ tons. How they were moved inplace is beyond imagination. How they were cut and shaped with primitive tools is even more boggling.:confused:

Same here. After seeing this thread, I happened to see it last night on the History channel.

I didn't go through the whole thread, but if someone can answer this for me?

If the aliens were so high tech, saying that the stones were cut from lasers, why are these landing/launching pad sooooo old tech, made of stones? Couldn't they have spruced it up a bit? :biggrin:

Did they mentioned any evidence of blast formations etched into the stones upon takeoff/landing?

Interesting stuff nevertheless.

Did they mentioned any evidence of blast formations etched into the stones upon takeoff/landing?

They said in a lot of the writings that when the "Gods" come down from the heavens it was acompnied by lights, fire and loud rumbling. Could be a space ship. Could be wild imaginations.

What kind of heavy duty strings/straps/chains were used to move them???:eek::biggrin:

Same here. After seeing this thread, I happened to see it last night on the History channel.

If the aliens were so high tech, saying that the stones were cut from lasers, why are these landing/launching pad sooooo old tech, made of stones? Couldn't they have spruced it up a bit? :biggrin:

You are overlooking the possibility that they don't use our technology. A blast off from the surface is not the only way for propulsion. For example a helicopter uses lift for takeoff, and just for kicks I'll throw in that UFO sightings often note that the objects hovered in ways our aircraft couldn't. I would imagine that if they traveled light years to get here they have better ways than blast off to get airborne. Maybe some advanced way to manipulate magnetism I might guess? Also, in regards to stone landing pads- would you import your own landing pad from elsewhere or would you just use the materials already present? ;)

Last edited:

well I'm no expert on this stuff but why would they need to build a landing/launching pad.....just land anywhere like we did on the moon.

And if they were truly advanced then they are not using "rockets' like we use for the space shuttle so no blast formations and such and I think the general consensus is that they have somehow managed to propel their space crafts without rockets as we know them.

EDIT: Dam...Nero beat me to the post

Last edited:
Back