• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Angeles Crest - The Best Road

Sounds like a fun drive....I should be good to go!

You and Nick need to make sure Patty comes.

I certainly do wish I could join but unfortunately I will be in DC.:frown:

Hey John looks like your ride is available.:biggrin:

Besides, now that im running the turbo meth kit from steves car, nothing can touch me lol.

Like I said, turbo is the only way you will beat me.:rolleyes:

BTW Why is it that every time we are on a canyon drive and you are the car behind me that I can never see you in my mirror until I pull over and wait?:wink:

Warning! I was told by an acquaintance that law enforcement has initiated a crackdown on motorcycles racing on ACH. One method is setting up check points at entrances/exist roads. The one that I was told about was at the westernmost entrance/exit of Big Tujunga Canyon in Sunland via Ora Vista Ave. The had several bikes pulled over performing inspections. Although it appears that they are targeting bikes, to be on the safe side it would best to avoid this entrance/exit.

i drive angeles forest hwy to ACH everyday during the week!i been doing it for 10 years now since i live in antelope valley and work in Pasadena. it is very nice scenic route! as far as check points never seen one other than sherrif on bike and suv posted here in there. once a year atleast they do speed traps right after the passing lane going down hill from vista oint at the top..if i get my clutch in i will definitely go.. nice drive all the way to newcombs ranch.....

i drive angeles forest hwy to ACH everyday during the week!i been doing it for 10 years now since i live in antelope valley and work in Pasadena. it is very nice scenic route! as far as check points never seen one other than sherrif on bike and suv posted here in there. once a year atleast they do speed traps right after the passing lane going down hill from vista oint at the top..if i get my clutch in i will definitely go.. nice drive all the way to newcombs ranch.....
Now that's what I call an awesome morning commute!!!

Hey John looks like your ride is available.:biggrin:

Like I said, turbo is the only way you will beat me.:rolleyes:

BTW Why is it that every time we are on a canyon drive and you are the car behind me that I can never see you in my mirror until I pull over and wait?:wink:

LOL! Steve and I did some serious synchronized parking at SCS, it's as if our friendship was written in the stars!

I'll be gentle Steve. :cool:

Looks like I'm going to have to back out of this one. I just broke my foot in a "go-carting" accident last night! :frown::mad: Looks like I will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks :mad::mad:

-Steve

Looks like I'm going to have to back out of this one. I just broke my foot in a "go-carting" accident last night! :frown::mad: Looks like I will be out of commission for 6-8 weeks :mad::mad:

-Steve

Oh man that sux:frown:. Maybe you can ride with Nick or Patty if they come.:smile:

LOL! Steve and I did some serious synchronized parking at SCS, it's as if our friendship was written in the stars!

I'll be gentle Steve. :cool:

It's like we had been SP'ing for years together! If gentle = never let it drop below 6K RPM's, GO FOR IT!

-Steve

What the heck! Damn man, I told you not to try and race against go-karts on foot! See what happens when you don't listen...Seriously though, sorry to hear that, hope you recover fast!

-Steve
I can relate more than you know. I'm still on crutches part time as we speak! I hope it was your left foot and not your right. I couldn't drive the NSX for a good 5-6wks.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

-Steve

Oh nooooooooo!!!:eek:

As Les mentions you could come with Patty (I'll most likely have an out of town friend as a terrified passenger), then again, that might provoke mental and physcal anguish.:frown:

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks guys! Yeah it sucks! Last night was my best friend’s birthday so he wanted to go indoor carting with all the guys. I was doing very well (laid down the 6th fastest time of the track for the entire week on one run:cool:) and having fun when the accident happened on my final race. Some dumbass (not one of our friends) who didn’t know how to drive went full speed straight into the track barrier. I happened to be on the other side of that barrier. The impact was so hard that the barrier actually came off the ground and landed in my car right on my foot. I got off the track and called it a day because my foot was killing me!

I've never heard of anyone getting hurt "go-carting" but I guess it can happen...:rolleyes:

-Steve

I can relate more than you know. I'm still on crutches part time as we speak! I hope it was your left foot and not your right. I couldn't drive the NSX for a good 5-6wks.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Thanks man! It's actually my right foot :frown:

Oh nooooooooo!!!:eek:

As Les mentions you could come with Patty (I'll most likely have an out of town friend as a terrified passenger), then again, that might provoke mental and physcal anguish.:frown:

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks Nick! Really appreciate it. I'll let you know how the foot feels as we get closer to the date. I have an appt to see a Podiatrist in about 3 hours to find out if I need surgery or not. The doctor said it is a possibility.....:frown:

RYU, very, very sorry, I'm out. Flying to NYC to go to Pacha for a club gig. Please keep me posted on when you do these, would love to join you in the future.

Hi...This is my first reply..
My friend & I drove our NXS's up to Newcombs Ranch today for breakfast. It was a perfect day, no traffic & no CHP. I was talking to the locals about last weekend and they mentioned that there were between 10-15 CHP pulling over anything with wheels for inspections. They thought the intent was to deter motorcycle racing but they had to inspect cars too. The CHP was also using a helicopter.
The Big Tujunga Canyon Rd (going North) is closed at the turn off south/west of Newcomb Ranch. They said the road contractor used the wrong topping material & the first hot day it melted. Since this is a county road it may be a while before it's reopened. So Cal...XTime

RYU, very, very sorry, I'm out. Flying to NYC to go to Pacha for a club gig. Please keep me posted on when you do these, would love to join you in the future.
It's certainly np!
Hi...This is my first reply..
My friend & I drove our NXS's up to Newcombs Ranch today for breakfast. It was a perfect day, no traffic & no CHP. I was talking to the locals about last weekend and they mentioned that there were between 10-15 CHP pulling over anything with wheels for inspections. They thought the intent was to deter motorcycle racing but they had to inspect cars too. The CHP was also using a helicopter.
The Big Tujunga Canyon Rd (going North) is closed at the turn off south/west of Newcomb Ranch. They said the road contractor used the wrong topping material & the first hot day it melted. Since this is a county road it may be a while before it's reopened. So Cal...XTime
Welcome! One of the reasons I picked this date was because its right in the middle of the month. The "end-of-month" theory seems to be true in my previous experiences though surprise visits can happen as well. Where you in the yellow NSX that was a Newcombs recently? Anyway, we'll play it by ear as we always do. There are also folks coming that are new to the trail so we'll be straddling the speed limit.

Yes, I had heard Upper Tujunga is closed. Thank goodness they chose to fix it right this time. Their last repave job left it worse than it was. We will skip that section and just head up Angeles Forest Hwy.

I just wish people would stop driving above their ability up there and ultimately crashing. It's messing it up for the rest of us!

If this is still on I am in. I know that road so well. My friends use to go with me every weekend but now we don't go much.
Yes, still on! Glad you're considering going. I'll PM everyone my cellphone number closer to the date. Hope you all get text msgs. I haven't been campaigning it so much because I figure the folks who want to cruise might get bored and the "drivers" know to join w/o much fuss :)

Last edited:
I just PM'ed interested drivers. I proposed an 830am meetup time if that's ok with everyone.

If anyone else wants to join you're certainly welcome :biggrin:

----------------------------
Please ask Stephen what happened when I last took up him up there with the grey beast. lol

Getting ready to stretch your car's legs Steve!

Last edited:
I just PM'ed interested drivers. I proposed an 830am meetup time if that's ok with everyone.

If anyone else wants to join you're certainly welcome :biggrin:

----------------------------
Please ask Stephen what happened when I last took up him up there with the grey beast. lol

sounds great, can't wait :biggrin:

Back