• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Antenna mast

Hi !
I alreay check on NSX wiki, but I didnt find a answer for my mast.

The antenna of the radio does not rise to the full. She stops at 3/4 and a noise Toc toc toc begins and lasts about three seconds. When I went down the antenna, it goes down completely, and it makes the same noise during 2-3 seconds when the antenna is fully retracted.

Do you think I need to replace the antenna mast ? I alreay lubricate the antenna mast, but it change anything. I read on the maybe I need to losen little bit the chrome nut.

Thank you for your help !

JF

Last edited:
no. you can order the mast from acura and replace it yourself. takes about an hour.

39152-SL0-A01 MAST ASSY.
$101.28 $75.96

As an alternative, just disconnect the power at the base of the antenna and leave it permanently in the down position. The NSX has two antennas. In addition to the mast, there is an antenna on the glass hatch cover. The on-the-glass hatch cover antenna works just fine for FM and AM stations in an urban environment (close to the station). The mast antenna is only necessary if you are a significant distance from the station or the signal is weak.

I found that the on-the-glass antenna works just ok in an urban setting and on very strong signals only. I reconnected my mast antenna and noticed a huge difference and I am in an urban setting. It is quick and easy to test it though. Just one power plug back by the antenna.

Thank you for your help! Because its a pristine car with low miles, Iam gonna order a new mast. Its not such expensive and I like to know everything works fine on the car :)

no. you can order the mast from acura and replace it yourself. takes about an hour.

39152-SL0-A01 MAST ASSY.
$101.28 $75.96

I have a 1993 NSX and need to replace the antenna mast. The Acura part NO 39152-SM4-003 shows as discontinued. Amazon has a mast part NO 39152-SM4-A03 but I don't know if it will work (003 vs A03). I saw that you suggested part NO 39152-SLO-A01, but this seems to fit 1994 and up. Any suggestions for a 1993 antenna mast replacement?

The mast (39152-SM4-003) is shared with an Accord. Acura shows it discontinued, but Honda dealerships show they still have it.

Thanks for the reply. I called a Honda dealership. They show the -003 part as discontinued, but list the -A03 as the 1993 Accord and available. I'm guessing that the difference between the -003 and -A03 part is one is for Acura and the other for Honda. If so, the -A03 part would still fit my NSX. Do you agree? Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I called a Honda dealership. They show the -003 part as discontinued, but list the -A03 as the 1993 Accord and available. I'm guessing that the difference between the -003 and -A03 part is one is for Acura and the other for Honda. If so, the -A03 part would still fit my NSX. Do you agree? Thanks

Your guess is as good as mine. Let us know if it works out :smile:

2005 mast should work.

39152-SL0-A01 Mast Assembly
MAST ASSY.
$102.30 $74.68

sorry. didn't see mnocket's reply. i believe he's correct.

Find Antenna Mast

Did anyone find the solution for the mast replacement?

Looking to replace my 1991.

1993 Accord part work?

Thanks!

Mast Replacement

I ordered the-A03 mast. It looked like a good replacement, but after receiving it and before installing it, I had my son hold one end of the frozen mast while I pulled the tip with pliers as hard as I could. The mast broke free and extended. Reinstalled it and it now works so no need to install the replacement.

Back