• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AntiLock and TCS light coming on, why?

My Antilock and TCS light keep coming on when I start driving my car. When the Antilock light is on, my Climate Control doesn't function, and when the TCS light is on, my TCS button doesn't function. Anyone know anything about this?

When did the problems start, at the same time as your head light and dash light problems?

Nope, I've had this problem for a while. My ECU had went on me, and this shop changed it, then I had this problem. The car was running terrible, so I brought it to the dealer and they said my Ignition Control module went bad. They changed that and my coil packs and the car runs beautiful, but I still have a problem with these two lights. The Antilock had came on and off every once in a while when I first got the car, but now it's consistent and the TCS comes on along with it.

Try checking the oxygen sensors. I had the rear sensor replaced. No more engine/TCS lights on. (At first, the lights come on at engine start, and can be reset [engine off/on] when the engine has run for a minute; then the lights come on more often as the sensor gets worse)

Did you check the codes they're throwing? Just (hopeless :)) guessing: If both light are on you may have a bad wheel sensor as the ALB and TCS share the sensors signal. But first get the code out.

wow that is the exactly same problem that i'm having now. TCS, ABS and CCU not working at all. Larry B is helping me solve this mystery. He thinks its the ignition switch. Larry is currently away at the west coast right now. I will take the car to him as soon as he comes back. I will let you know if that solved my problem or not.

My TCS light came on last evening not 5 minutes after driving her. Keep this thread updated as I'd like to know what the issue is...

Cheers,
Jetpilot

I've driven my car again this evening and the TCS light only came on after 1-1/2 hours of driving and as soon as it did the A/C started to crap out as well.

Any ideas guys?

Jetpilot

I would guess it's just coincidental you are having problems with the TCS and the CCU at the same time. Pull the code for the TCS and see what is going on with that and send your CCU to me for repair. Oh I think I have all ready rebuilt your CCU. :wink:

My '92 developed the same problem 2 years ago--ie TCS and ABS lights popping on simultaneously after starting to roll. It was a wheel sensor. Do a code check and it will tell you which one is malfunctioning.

I would guess it's just coincidental you are having problems with the TCS and the CCU at the same time. Pull the code for the TCS and see what is going on with that and send your CCU to me for repair. Oh I think I have all ready rebuilt your CCU. :wink:

I had Larry B look at my car and I showed him how the CCU would only not power on at all when the ABS light is on. As soon as the ABS light goes off, the CCU starts to work again, and visa versa.

Larry pulled up the codes, and saw nothing unusual. The TCS code is saying that there is an malfunction because of the ABS. The ABS code is saying that all 4 wheel sensors are not working. But Larry said that would be impossible, because I have a aftermarket navi in the car and the car would have no idea how fast i'm going or how much longer it would take for me to reach my destination.

So its something wrong with the power wire that goes thru that harness, but He would have to really spend time under there. He was looking at the wiring diagram and low and behold, the TCS, the ABS, and the CCU all runs on the same circuit, which leads to the ignition switch.

Larry told me to wiggle the key if the problem shows up again, and after I started doing that, the ABS, and TCS light now stays on for good, and my CCU is completely dead.

...which leads to the ignition switch.

Larry told me to wiggle the key if the problem shows up again, and after I started doing that, the ABS, and TCS light now stays on for good, and my CCU is completely dead.

Very interesting! So it's time to change the ignition switch if you haven't done this already.

hmmmm... im not an expert here...

but i had TCS came out before... then brake light warning light also came out... then when i changed for a new brake lamp bulb, the TCS light disappeared...

:redface:

I had Larry B look at my car and I showed him how the CCU would only not power on at all when the ABS light is on. As soon as the ABS light goes off, the CCU starts to work again, and visa versa.

Larry pulled up the codes, and saw nothing unusual. The TCS code is saying that there is an malfunction because of the ABS. The ABS code is saying that all 4 wheel sensors are not working. But Larry said that would be impossible, because I have a aftermarket navi in the car and the car would have no idea how fast i'm going or how much longer it would take for me to reach my destination.

So its something wrong with the power wire that goes thru that harness, but He would have to really spend time under there. He was looking at the wiring diagram and low and behold, the TCS, the ABS, and the CCU all runs on the same circuit, which leads to the ignition switch.

Did this end up needing an ignition switch replacement? I might be dealing with the same issue now :(:confused::frown:

Just going through this as well (except my CCU works). You need to try and jump the blue connector under the glove box to get the code. Mine turned out to be a faulty wheel speed sensor (left rear). I'm ordering a replacement today. Hopefully it will solve the problem

Hi all !
Sorry for my english, I live in france ;)

Since 1 week, I have exactly the same problems as Ruy & M-P :
code 36 on ECU / code 49 on TCS + sometimes limp/hesitations during the acceleration.

I followed your various advices :
- redo the MAIN RELAY cracked solderings
- clean & scrape the IGNITION SWITCH contacts
......but with no result : the check-TCS indicator still lights few times after starting engine (car stopped, no running)

As I turn off the TCS each time I drive my nsx (by the "TCS OFF" button), I thought to use the TCS disable method by pulling both connectors off the TCS computer :
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Disable_TCS_ALB

But the BIG BIG problem is the ALB cannot work with this solution, and I want to keep my ALB !!!

I'm desperate !!
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
So I figured mine out...it was NOT the ignition switch, main relay, tcs control unit, abs control unit, wheel speed sensors, climate control unit, etc. That doesn't mean it couldn't have been one of those things, but...

It was a just single 15A fuse (don't recall exactly which one off hand) in the driver's side foot well fuse box. The fuse was good, but the connection was loose. I took the fuse out and used a small screwdriver to bend the contacts closer together. Put the fuse back in....problem solved.

So I would go through that fuse box and just check everything. Apparently the ABS, TCS, CCU, rear defroster, side mirror motors, AND COOLING FAN are all on that same power circuit. It's a good thing that this didn't happen to me in the summer or I might have overheated. My advice is to just check everything in those power circuits and you "should" eventually find the problem unless it is the wiring harness itself.

Hope that helps anyone else with this issue.

Last edited:
thank you MP ! I will check my fuses connections this afternoon :wink:

edit :
just checked all my fuses in the 3 fuse-boxes, pull off them, test the tightening of connections, no problem at this point.
I reconnect the TCS unit behind the driver seat, reconnect the (+) battery, start engine, 5 seconds later (car stopped), the TCS indicator lights :frown:

Again, it's the 49 TCS fault code.
I precise that I only have the "TCS" lighted (not ABS or ALB indicators as others).

I continue to drive my nsx with the TCS unit unplug, but I'm a road danger ! cause I don't have ALB :confused:

I'm still desperate....

Last edited:
My problem is solved :smile:
It was a ground fault :
I have found 7 volt between the chassis ground and the ALB/Security Unit rack behind the glove box.
At this point the ground was strangely lost, however this rack is attached to the body !
So I have put a wire between the ALB rack and the main ground, and now all works perfectly (ALB, TCS, etc).

Sorry to bring back an old one.....

but right on target for me. Antillock light on, HVAC box just repaired by BrianK, brake warning light on, but no AC. Coincidence?
Any help is appreciated. Can someone recommend an experienced NSX repair guy in the ATL area?
Thanks for any info....

Dear all I have the same issue after switching to NA2 ABS. What does these codes mean? My mechanics is suggestion it could also be the electronic failure behind the dashboard console?

Thanks
IMG-20231027-WA0009.jpg

Back