• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any Good Trustworthy Mechanics in Los Angeles???

does anyone know Any Good Trustworthy Mechanics in Los Angeles??? someone to check for any problems, oil changes, reliable service and most importantly, knows about NSXs?

Also, any good window shop as well to fix our slow ass windows?

Search is your friend...to mention a few. Jon Martin at Cerritos Acura. If you go south...Autowave in Huntington Beach. There are a couple of others if you do a search. :biggrin:

Jeff

I would use Rob from speedoracle... he's up in santa clarita, but he does great work and knows the NSX backwards and forwards...

8182231431 ... give him a call and get your timing belt done if it hasn't been done yet...

Here's what you should have done:

Timing Belt & Water Pump replaced
New AC and Alternator belts
New Coils and spark plugs and new O-Rings that go around the coils
Valve Adjustment
Oil change (goes with the TB job)
Check cam seals and plugs to see if they are leaking (common problem for high mileage NSX's)
Coolant Flush..

Thats all I can think of right now :) Let me know if those things have already been done by the previous owner.

Good luck!

I would use Rob from speedoracle... he's up in santa clarita, but he does great work and knows the NSX backwards and forwards...

8182231431 ... give him a call and get your timing belt done if it hasn't been done yet...

Here's what you should have done:

Timing Belt & Water Pump replaced
New AC and Alternator belts
New Coils and spark plugs and new O-Rings that go around the coils
Valve Adjustment
Oil change (goes with the TB job)
Check cam seals and plugs to see if they are leaking (common problem for high mileage NSX's)
Coolant Flush..

Thats all I can think of right now :) Let me know if those things have already been done by the previous owner.

Good luck!
Thanks always for your advice! here are some stuff the previous owner did:
Comptech Headers $1800 & Exhaust $1250 (9-21-02)

Replaced Blower Relays @ 72,235 (9-13-04)
Replaced Timing Belt, Alternator Belt, Compressor Belt, Water Pump, Head Cover Gasket, Oil Pump Gasket @ 80,886 (10-20-05)
Replaced Primary O2 Sensor @ 83,182 (5-22-06)
Replaced Rear Wiring Harness @ 88,521 (5-4-07)
90,000 Scheduled Maintenance @ 91,943 (11-15-07)
Replaced Main Relay @ 93,038 (1-2-08) “engine cranks but will not start”
97,500 Scheduled Maintenance (6-17-08)
so i might need new spark plugs, coils, valve adjustment, and coolant flush soon huh? anything else i'm missing?
also, the mechanics at acura were saying i have a bit of leak from the head covers. what do i need to do with that? is it going to be expensive?

Thanks always for your advice! here are some stuff the previous owner did:
Comptech Headers $1800 & Exhaust $1250 (9-21-02)

Replaced Blower Relays @ 72,235 (9-13-04)
Replaced Timing Belt, Alternator Belt, Compressor Belt, Water Pump, Head Cover Gasket, Oil Pump Gasket @ 80,886 (10-20-05)
Replaced Primary O2 Sensor @ 83,182 (5-22-06)
Replaced Rear Wiring Harness @ 88,521 (5-4-07)
90,000 Scheduled Maintenance @ 91,943 (11-15-07)
Replaced Main Relay @ 93,038 (1-2-08) “engine cranks but will not start”
97,500 Scheduled Maintenance (6-17-08)
so i might need new spark plugs, coils, valve adjustment, and coolant flush soon huh? anything else i'm missing?
also, the mechanics at acura were saying i have a bit of leak from the head covers. what do i need to do with that? is it going to be expensive?

It depends on where the oil is coming from...

The leaks might just be either 1) a leaky cam seal or 2) a leaky valve cover gasket... either way, replace the valve cover gaskets whenever you pop open those valve covers.

Don't be afraid to snap some pics and show us :) We've seen it all haha :biggrin:

I'm sure the spark plugs have been replaced at the 90K mile service, but I would ask to be sure... Do you have a check engine light on at all? If not, the above stuff would be good place to start...... and don't forget thsoe CV boots! :wink:

It depends on where the oil is coming from...

The leaks might just be either 1) a leaky cam seal or 2) a leaky valve cover gasket... either way, replace the valve cover gaskets whenever you pop open those valve covers.

Don't be afraid to snap some pics and show us :) We've seen it all haha :biggrin:

I'm sure the spark plugs have been replaced at the 90K mile service, but I would ask to be sure... Do you have a check engine light on at all? If not, the above stuff would be good place to start...... and don't forget thsoe CV boots! :wink:
so i called acura for history and most of those things were done. what i need to look into now after saving some money are fixing the inner real axel boot cuz of the leak, the slow windows, head/valve cover leak. u were right about the leaks as my car is 100k miles on it.

all the belts were replaced at 80k mile in october 2005. i've looked up online about when acura's should replace belts and it states that at every 90k miles. should i stick with that? so then, i don't have to worry about replacing the belts anytime soon? or is it time sensitive?

R1 motorsports in san gabriel along new ave. ask for Raymund and tell him Pat sent you. 626-282-7226. good luck !

so i called acura for history and most of those things were done. what i need to look into now after saving some money are fixing the inner real axel boot cuz of the leak, the slow windows, head/valve cover leak. u were right about the leaks as my car is 100k miles on it.

all the belts were replaced at 80k mile in october 2005. i've looked up online about when acura's should replace belts and it states that at every 90k miles. should i stick with that? so then, i don't have to worry about replacing the belts anytime soon? or is it time sensitive?

It depends if the car has been sitting for several months.. then the rubber can dry out and crack which can cause problems as you can probably tell... as long as its been replaced you should be fine.

I would not change the belts as it's only been under 4 years/10k miles. Inspect for cracks and you are good to go. Whatever you do have BOTH boots changed on that side since it's already out and the outer boot is bound to go soon as well. As you've likely read, have the window regulator's old grease cleaned out VERY well and regrease with Honda urea grease ONLY. You can take it to a good glass shop...call Kotto Auto glass and check $$...he's VERY meticulous but fair...800 810 4933. Tell him Jeff w/ the red widebody NSX sent ya'. Make sure the window fix it thingies have been done or have it done depending on your year.

Good luck.

Jeff

Back