• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any gun afficianados here?

NsXMas said:
Assault weapons AFAIK are illegal in Kalifornia.

You best just drop these bad boys off at my place before you head for home.

Looks like i'll be able to bring these babies in to "Kalifornia" afterall. just got off the phone with the Dept of Justice, and they'll be sending me the paperwork to apply for a permit. Ahh...its good to be in the military!

MJI3vsJdxhiEkBLb9tO9rJq2uXdkUeTz021F.jpg

NSXrebel said:
Looks like i'll be able to bring these babies in to "Kalifornia" afterall. just got off the phone with the Dept of Justice, and they'll be sending me the paperwork to apply for a permit. Ahh...its good to be in the military!

MJI3vsJdxhiEkBLb9tO9rJq2uXdkUeTz021F.jpg
Hey these are sweet. Why did you buy 2 of the same model? To have one to send to me? :tongue:

my questions are: why do you spend money on it...like how many times do you all use your guns and how well do you lock your guns?

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
my questions are: why do you spend money on it...like how many times do you all use your guns and how well do you lock your guns?

I hope to be in the situation which I NEED to use my guns about as often as the situation that may cause me to use my home owners or auto insurance.

Pacemaker Kid89 said:
You could ask the same question as of the NSX - why do people need to spend money on a sports car, how often do people need to track the NSX, and how do they secure the NSX.

I think the answer varies but I'm sure a lot of it comes from just the fact that guys like gadgets, toys, and cool stuff.

I like the cool stufff... :wink:

jagtiger said:
I do IDPA matches. They have real life scenarios which makes it fun and exciting! :wink:

Yeah I totally hear ya. I've yet to try IDPA matches but did more than a few IPSC's a few years back, and it's a total blast (ahem) ! :) Competitors sometimes are required to shoot from awkward positions (like shooting through small openings way above or below the usual upright stance, on the run, or even hanging from a tree), plus the added pressure of getting the rounds off as fast as you can realign the sights as you shoot against the clock, makes it challenging and fun in its own way. :) With the Olympic pistol though (except Rapid Fire Pistol, Running Target, and Trap/Skeet), you pretty much just stand there with your shooting arm extended and take your sweet time to squeeze off a shot at a tiny black dot they called the "bullseye" far far away. I'd be first to admit that it's about exciting as watching grass grow or wine fermenting (actually the latter can be quite fun). :p I can see how one personality type would gravitate to a certain discipline - The guys that fare very well in Olympic shooting tends to be introverted and internally focused and those that are naturally good at the Practical/Tactical stuffs like IDPA/IPSC/BIANCHI CUP tend to be the social type where they are used to picking up multiple targets in their peripheral vision, like hot chicks walking by at a dance club. :p

NsXMas said:
You could ask the same question as of the NSX - why do people need to spend money on a sports car, how often do people need to track the NSX, and how do they secure the NSX.

I think the answer varies but I'm sure a lot of it comes from just the fact that guys like gadgets, toys, and cool stuff.

I like the cool stufff... :wink:

Totally spot-on. :)

Some videos from our practice run last year in Michigan.

video 1

video 2

Warning!This was done in a controlled environment - in a private gun range. All participants with proper training.

Last edited:
jagtiger said:
Some videos from our practice run last year in Michigan.

video 1

video 2

Warning!This was done in a controlled environment - in a private gun range. All participants with proper training.

JagTiger,

Very cool vids, makes me want to stop hibernating and pick up my gun again! :D Thanks for sharing! :)

I'm planning on going to next month's Bianchi practice match which is on the 1st Sunday @ 9:30am at Prado Shooting Park in Chino. Would you be interested in attending?? Let me know soon.

Ruger .338 Win Mag
Remington 30-60
Parker Hale 7mm mag
Winchester .300 Mag
Lee Enfield .303 British
Remingtone Wingmaster .12 guage (shorty)
Baikal single shot .12 guage
Baikal single shot .410 guage
Colt .45 1911
Walther p99 9mm
Chinese SKS
And a fricken bow and arrow set if it really comes down to it...

Thank God for the 2nd amendment! I have about 20 tactical weapons myself. Love it! Those who are looking for well priced AR-15's, go to ar15.com. You can usually find good deals and even negotiate. I got my last AR15 off there. Its AR15 upgraded to sniper standards with a longer heavy bore barrel. Its worth probably 1300+ and I got it for 800 with shipping. If anyone ever has questions about firearms, please feel free to reach out to me. If I dont know the answer, I know someone that does.

Also, I started my own company this last year and am finally coming into production phase. I am manufacturing and distributing a lockbox for handguns. Official website will be up next week, but if you want a sneak peak.... www.locksaf.com/beta. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments! The NE boys have seen it and expressed interest. I will definitely be giving the forum a discount.

Also, I started my own company this last year and am finally coming into production phase. I am manufacturing and distributing a lockbox for handguns. Official website will be up next week, but if you want a sneak peak.... www.locksaf.com/beta. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments! The NE boys have seen it and expressed interest. I will definitely be giving the forum a discount.

I saw a prototype several months ago at our Bear Mountain run and have been looking forward to this coming out. Great idea, great product. Congrats on making it happen. Let us know about pricing for a group buy/NSXCA members.

I loved this under the FAQ:

Q: What if someone cuts my finger off? Can they use it to open the box?

A: No, the fingerprint recognition device requires body heat to open the box.

Thanks, Bob. How's the leg? I'm almost glad I missed the go kart thing.

Do you know how many times I have been asked that? Lol...I just had to put it in there!

Still on crutches but am hoping to get back to limping unassisted by the end of this week. Fortunately, I have my guns in case of an emergency since I am unable to run away. :biggrin: Now if I only had a fingerprint operated gun safe available in the house........

Back