• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any info on this NSX JH4NA1266MT002512?

I was thinking of possibly pursuing this Silver/Black 91' auto NSX.

https://www.autoblog.com/used-detail-5798720071622178550-Acura-NSX-1991

I have seen it come up for sale in MD and NJ on here in the past. I have messaged the previous sellers, but was wondering if anyone had any info or experience with this one?

I prefer a 95+ for the targa top, but I am not finding anything decent on the west coast around or below $50K in an automatic other than the 96' red one I had negative experiences with 2 years ago in costa mesa that is still for sale.

Ya know, I've never driven an Automatic NSX. Seems like it would be a cool daily driver.

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.
Report Run Date: 01/16/2019 08:54:13 EST
Vehicle: 1991 Acura NSX (JH4NA1266MT002512)

Event DateLocationOdometer ReadingData SourceDetails
07/29/1991BALTIMORE, MD35 Auto Auction ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
03/05/1996BALTIMORE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/04/1997BALTIMORE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/20/1998BALTIMORE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
12/07/1999BALTIMORE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Title #:21027802)
CORRECTED TITLE
10/18/2000PIKESVILLE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
02/05/2002PIKESVILLE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
03/03/2004PIKESVILLE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/30/2007PIKESVILLE, MD Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
06/13/2008PERRY HALL, MD27,448 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Title #:39532829)
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
06/26/2008TANEYTOWN, MD28,110 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Title #:39503779)
04/21/2011LANOKA HARBOR, NJ33,857 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Title #:TO201111100000556)
04/30/2011LANOKA HARBOR, NJ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
04/30/2012LANOKA HARBOR, NJ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/27/2012WEST ORANGE, NJ38,500 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE(Title #:LO201224000000688)
09/10/2012WEST ORANGE, NJ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/07/2013WEST ORANGE, NJ Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
09/26/2014CA46,300 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
09/27/2014VAN NUYS, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
09/27/2014CA46,318 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
06/14/2015CA46,390 Motor Vehicle Dept. ODOMETER READING FROM DMV
06/16/2015LOMA LINDA, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
02/27/2017LOS GATOS, CA48,643 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION
08/01/2017PACIFIC SW REGION49,273 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
08/31/2017PACIFIC SW REGION49,275 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
11/13/2017PACIFIC SW REGION49,284 Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
11/17/2017PACIFIC SW REGION Auto Auction AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS EXEMPT
11/20/2017NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA49,292 State Agency PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION

<thead>
</thead> <tbody>
</tbody>

It should be noted that Van Nuys and N Hollywood is body shop and vehicle auction central.

Inspect the vehicle very carefully for body repair work.

I personally would assume such work to have been performed unless otherwise verified.

Also, automatic NSXs drive really nice, very impressive to me.

Yes, the last three spots the car has been shown to be should wave a lot of flags.

NHWD, the PLACE known for insurance and dealer auctions

VNY is where probably 85% of all body shops in So Cal are located

And SV where the car is currently listed for sale, is one huge recycle yard and used car lot.

The car might be great, but it has been through every big grinder to get to where it is now....

Last edited:
thanks for the info. I'll look out for those locations/entries when I review the carfax reports in the future.

Didn't you live in socal before?

Yes, the last three spots the car has been shown to be should wave a lot of flags.

NHWD, the PLACE known for insurance and dealer auctions

VNY is where probably 85% of all body shops in So Cal are located

And Sun Valley, where the car is currently listed for sale, is one huge recycle yard and used car lot.

The car might be great, but it has been through every big grinder to get to where it is now....

Thank you all for the info. I went to see it and it just is a bit in rougher shape than I'd like...plus after driving it, it confirmed I really want to go with a 95+...

Thank you all for the info. I went to see it and it just is a bit in rougher shape than I'd like...plus after driving it, it confirmed I really want to go with a 95+...

part of the usefulness of prime is personal info like inspections...please post up impressions or any pics you took..

Sure more than happy to. I didn't take pictures though.
It wasn't awful, just a bit more of a project. I don't like anything to do with the interior (upholstery) or exterior work (major repaint). I have a mechanic, but that is the extent of it. The motor and engine looked good, although dirty because the car has been sitting outside a long time. They had to jump it to start it up, again not a big deal.
There were a lot of scratches, paint missing, inside driver door area was all chipping, under front bumpers was scratched off. The interior leather especially on the drivers seat was tearing at the seams. The windows were clanking and really slow and barely coming up and down. It smelled kind of bad inside. Ashes blew out of the AC when we ran it. The transmission stick was very sticky when changing gears. The car was leaking oil which isn't a big deal but still want to note it. The biggest mystery to us is possibly messing with electrical, we noticed something called response or responder coming out of the dashboard? I am not sure as to what this is and neither did the dealership unfortunately. The suspension seemed worn out...it was sloppy and bumpy vs the 96 we had driven before. I like the low miles, but I also feel like it was advertised as immaculate and it wasn't the worst car, but a bit farther from immaculate than I would have preferred. :)

thanks for that:encouragement:

My guess is that this NSX got caught up in Hurricane Sandy's Inundation Zone and is a flood vehicle. The last registration before showing up in the San Fernando Valley (insurance and auto repair central) was in West Orange, NJ in 2012. The miles nearly stopped accruing for years after 2012. This is well within commute distance of Staten Isand or other parts of flooded NYC. Sun Valley is out of character for an NSX or it's stereotypical customer.

So the body is probably good and everything else needs to be dealt with. I suspect the transmission got flooded and, hence, the shifting issues. Or it could all be control issues with a compromised electrical system. Maybe look for a wrecked NSX, swap out everything and convert to a manual.

Pictures would have been helpful. For future buyers AND for yourself so you can learn from the observations of the others. This example probably doesn't represent a fair comparison opportunity, so you may wish to take another test drive with a known good speciman.

/Fer sure, OG Valley Boy here. Barf Out Dood.

//If you haven't see it, This video pretty much give a good idea of the area Van Nuys Tourism

Last edited:
Thank you all so much. I am learning so much from this thread about the geography here as well as reviewing car history. I just want to say I love this forum and the many people willing to help me in my hunt for my future automatic NSX.

The sales venue is important. Sun Valley is so out of whack for an NSX, I gotta wonder what the OP was thinking on the last few miles before getting to the dealership.

I lived in Malibu for a long time. I had a buddy down the street in an over the top modern house (like mine). He would scan Craigslist for expensive modern name brand (Eames, Stark, whatever I have a lot of it too) furniture in BFE, Inland Empire and similar. Really the area couldn't afford the furniture and it would sell for pennies. He would spend the day transporting it (with my trailer), set up the furniture at his house and relist it on Craigslist. Folks from West LA, Hollywood and related would buy up that same furniture for a $3K-$5K profit.

I am pretty sure Sun Valley is in the same boat with the NSX and related. The area just doesn't support it in a lot of ways. The SV dealership is probably just bored with Buy Here Pay Here clientale and wants to upgrade.

/More on the sales venue. For a long time, I had a construction crew of about a dozen. A few of the enterprising workers would go around to the Malibu garage sales or make nice with the local neighbors of the projects I was working on. The neighbors would often give away clothes, shoes (nikes etc), sporting goods and game consoles for cheap/free. These items have no value in Malibu. These workers would take these items back to their working neighborhoods and sell them at very high prices.

In short, you gotta match your area to the customer and product. Expensive items in poor areas are worthless, and low priced items are worthless in expensive areas.

//Yes, I make broad generalizations because I am a data guy.

Last edited:
Back