• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Any interest/vendors making CF OEM Style Wings?

Not sure if this has been beaten into the ground yet or not... I did a quick search and found nothing that stood out but I'm surprised that no vendor has offered a Carbon version of the stock wing? Call me crazy but I'm just not a fan of the NSX-R wing, and If someone were to run an exposed CF trunk, the OEM painted wing would look out of place... I hope I'm not the only person that feels this way but if a vendor made a carbon OEM wing I would certainly be interested. Anyone else?

I actually love the way the wing looks on the Nsx as it's the only sports car that has a long led brake light that makes this car unique. I would like to see how it would look in Cf so i would get one as well.

I actually love the way the wing looks on the Nsx as it's the only sports car that has a long led brake light that makes this car unique. I would like to see how it would look in Cf so i would get one as well.

Have to agree! I also like the long light sabre brake light. Have had a few friends comment on how well it loos when they were behind the car.

Have to agree! I also like the long light sabre brake light. Have had a few friends comment on how well it looks when they were behind the car.

I posed this question back in '08 and nobody seemed to be into it.

Anywho, here is a photochop someone did for me a while ago...

oemspoiler.jpg

I could have these made we often make parts in carbon fiber, however a minimum of maybe 25+ pieces may be required before we can get them made, possibly more.

Hi,

it's a good idea... but, at least for me, would be only for weight saving, as i think it would look
weird with exposed CF... it had to be very lightweight.

EDIT: in order to be lightest possible, it would have to be pure CF inside out, no FB anywhere.

Nuno

Last edited:
I think the long light bar makes the car a bit dated. Like pop ups. They are cool but old style.

I like this idea too! with pure CF inside out... but rigidity and quaity must match or exceed OEM part...

Hi,

it's a good idea... but, at least for me, would be only for weight saving, as i think it would look
weird with exposed CF... it had to be very lightweight.

EDIT: in order to be lightest possible, it would have to be pure CF inside out, no FB anywhere.

Nuno

Nuno there is very little weight to be saved there, FYI. It's a small part and most likely with anyone trying to make a reasonably priced CF part it will weigh about the same. But it shouldn't be terribly difficult to make and so I think the cost should be very reasonable. Unless you start adding a gurney flap. :D

Most of that weight is the light bar. You aren't going to make a wing with an OEM light bar and have it be 6 pounds.

Hmm, I wonder if anyone would be willing to replicate the BYS spoiler instead?

Dave... the OEM fiber wing is excessively heavy... and it's not because of the light bar...i had it out
and it's light.

There is a lot of weight to be shaved there... a OEM CF one would be lighter than a NSX-R CF one, and
this one is already a LOT lighter than OEM....

Nuno

We are talking a max savings of maybe 7-8 lbs, I'd rather diet for a week and lose the weight off the driver than spend $600 or who knows how much if you are purely buying it to save "weight". C'mon.

The weight savings is nice, but I'd buy for aesthetics mostly, paint the top and sides then leave the bottom bare carbon, that would be nice ;)

Old thread but i was interested too, not big saving, but interesting when this weight is far of center gravity, so very nice saves for reduce polar moment inertia.

Maybe the closest option is the Stock Zanardi -3,7lbs.

Stock: 14lbs
Stock R: 11,1lbs (i doubt about this, stock R dry CF parts was very light)
Stock Zanardi: 10,3lbs
Seibon R: 14lbs
Downforce R: 6,6lbs
Procar R: 4,2lbs
Backyard (without angle seems like stock style): japanese website say something about 5,2kg(11,4lbs) and 2,8kg(6,1lbs) or weight savings.

Maybe the Procar R with stock style even lighter, maybe 3-4lbs vs 14lbs, but the best options are very expensive :/

Last edited:
Sent you a PM!

Old thread but i was interested too, not big saving, but interesting when this weight is far of center gravity, so very nice saves for reduce polar moment inertia.

Maybe the closest option is the Stock Zanardi -3,7lbs.

Stock: 14lbs
Stock R: 11,1lbs
Stock Zanardi: 10,3lbs
Seibon R: 14lbs
Downforce R: 6,6lbs
Procar R: 4,2lbs
Backyard (without angle seems like stock style): japanese website say something about 5,2kg(11,4lbs) and 2,8kg(6,1lbs) or weight savings.

Maybe the Procar R with stock style even lighter, maybe 3-4lbs vs 14lbs, but the best optons are very expensive :/

Back