• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any M Z4 coupe fans?

Ive been trying to get one as a daily driver for a while now, Any one else own one or think they are HOT too?

i have a M coupe. haven't test drive the M Z4 yet.

it would be the perfect car with a m5 v10 with smg transmission and back seats, but i would settle with just the m5 smg v10:biggrin:

packs a nice little punch for a brand new M series bmw for 40k$ but add like 10,000 bucks to that and you could get a c6 z06 with 10,000 miles, and the z06 gets 26mpg highway mileage

Last edited:
I almost got an MZ Coupe before finding the NSX and would have been a replacement to the S - now I get to keep both!

Didn't get to test drive one because they were all out at the dealers, but from friends impressions it is another raw sports car that needs to be learnt and tamed - which I love!

Looks much better than the roadster IMO and has the power to reflect its agressive looks.

I say go for it. It looks good, almost as powerful as the new M3 and (from what I've heard) really fun to drive!

Ive been trying to get one as a daily driver for a while now, Any one else own one or think they are HOT too?

If its free from your dealership sounds nice, if you have to pay I would suggest an 05 E46 M3 convertible with SMG not the greatest tranny its kinda fun with plenty power.

If its free from your dealership sounds nice, if you have to pay I would suggest an 05 E46 M3 convertible with SMG not the greatest tranny its kinda fun with plenty power.

Been there, done that. Nice ones with low miles are still hard to find. Id prefer a coupe and they are kinda run of the mill. Seem to blend with the sea of 3 series coupes. And yea its free, but I still buy at wholesale and sell at retail.:biggrin:

I consider myself nothing close to a BMW fan. I would never drive or want one. Nothing against BMW but I just don't like the way their cars look. The Z4 Coupe however, I actually do like. More power to you if you do get one.

bmw-z4-acs-acs4-1.jpg

Good stuff.

You and I share similar taste in cars ;)

I would purchase one in a heartbeat if Mrs. is okay with having two two-seater cars parked in the garage collecting dust since I am always at work.. :frown:

If you're going to get one, you have to do it right.

I love this one.

Z4M.jpg

ACSfront_edited-1.jpg

ACSRear.jpg

IMG_0381_edited-1.jpg

i have a M coupe. haven't test drive the M Z4 yet.

Pics or ban!:biggrin:One of the other sales managers had 2 of them, great cars. Id buy an 01 if I found one:biggrin:

I just picked up my Z4M Coupe this past june, in NJ in fact. I debated between this car and an e46 M3 to replace my FD. I test drove both on back to back days and was convinced. The coupe feels so much more like a sports car, much lower, tighter, great view out over the long hood. The seating position is also unique because you feel like you're sitting out over the rear wheels. The S54 motor is very flexible with decent power through the midrange and so easy to spin out to 8k rpm. It also makes some great mechanical noises. There aren't that many sports cars out there anymore that are this pure and raw. No automanual tranny, no adjustable damping, no variable steering ratios, just the basics.

Of course, the looks of the car aren't for everyone, but to me thats part of the appeal. I was never a fan of the Z4 roadster but somehow the lines of the car just come together in the Coupe. The arc of the roofline into the hatch is really beautiful and classic sports car, as is the 'flared' look of the rear fenders. A lot of my 'non car enthusiast' friends have commented that it looks like a Bond car(Aston Martin, I'm guessing). To me it has more the proportions of the old Cobra Daytonas, Cheetahs, TVR Griffins, etc. and in modern times a Viper GTS. Be assured I get just as many looks in this car as I did in the FD and NSX. With ~1850 sold in the US over its 3 year run I have yet to see another one on the road.

Couple of pics before I put on the CSL wheels.
DSCN0900.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

DSCN0903.jpg

Last edited:
Hunterdon BMW, 10 miles away from me. I ALWAYS use their service dept on my ex-various M's and 6's:biggrin:Who was your sales rep?

Hunterdon BMW, 10 miles away from me. I ALWAYS use their service dept on my ex-various M's and 6's:biggrin:Who was your sales rep?

Mark O., he did a very good job having everything ready for me when I flew in. I'm sure he was happy he took my initial call, all of about a 5 minute negotiation to sell the car. It doesn't get much easier than that in car sales:biggrin:

I really like that M Z4 Coupe. The styling isn't for everyone, but I think it looks great. In fact, I wasn't really a BMW fan until I drove my sisters Z3 years ago. Haven't driven the Z4 version, but I'm sure it is even more fun.

Mark O., he did a very good job having everything ready for me when I flew in. I'm sure he was happy he took my initial call, all of about a 5 minute negotiation to sell the car. It doesn't get much easier than that in car sales:biggrin:

And no phone call for lunch, smallest BMW store in the world? Weird, eh? 2 car showroom:biggrin:I have 2 buddies that work there as sales rep's and they are moving right down the street from us.

Yeah, he said they were building a new store. I actually like the small dealers, but I can understand why their days are numbered.

A little Top Gear perspective on the Zed 4M. This is the roady but still, you get the idea.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUSKU0TPp4I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UUSKU0TPp4I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
They are fast. One pulled up to me and asked me to race just to see how fast my car was. I ran with 600 pounds of extra weight in my M3, and I spun the tires and lost the first time, huge cloud of smoke in my wake. Then the next run I barely beat it and on the freeway it was where I really pulled away. I didn't know much about that car before but have newfound respect for its power.

I looking everyday, I need one badly. Id love an Interlagos one with the CSL rims and Im set. For 6 months at least:biggrin: White/Red is tempting too:confused:

They are fast. One pulled up to me and asked me to race just to see how fast my car was. I ran with 600 pounds of extra weight in my M3, and I spun the tires and lost the first time, huge cloud of smoke in my wake. Then the next run I barely beat it and on the freeway it was where I really pulled away. I didn't know much about that car before but have newfound respect for its power.

what in the hell is done to your m3? e46? e92 or whatever?

z4 m's have the e46 motor and are like 200 pounds lighter than the e46 coupes

I ran an E92 the other night in the Zanardi, he was only about half a car length ahead of me the whole time:wink:Then I blew a coolant hose and the car is now in the company of Larry B:redface:Everything is ok, just playing it safe:wink:

what in the hell is done to your m3? e46? e92 or whatever?

z4 m's have the e46 motor and are like 200 pounds lighter than the e46 coupes

I have an E92 M3 and there is a power advantage, about 84 HP, I redline at 8400 RPM. I just have exhaust and some lightweight parts. BBK shaved off about 22 pounds, CF trunk, suspension, titanium exhaust (-38 pounds) and some extra ponies. This is mine below.

2758279554_139af933bd_o.jpg

Last edited:
What's the market like in Cali on E92's?

Malibu_rapper: Beautiful car man...what kind of rim is that?

I went to look around for a 4 door M3 and got offer $6K less MSRP and $10K off MSRP for M5. By the way, why does all of their white car comes with red interior? I wanted white/black

Last edited:
Back