• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any NSX knowledgeable Body Shops near Downtown LA?

Does anyone know any NSX knowledgeable Body Shops near Downtown LA? Reasonable price and excellent work on NSXs? Someone who knows and have worked on NSXs before?

I ran over those parking stoneheads, which sorta detached my front spoiler and my passenger side front bumper seems to be loose... I don't need a new paintjob, just for the bottom part of the bumper and front spoiler to be attached properly. Please help! Thanks!

Just lift your car on jack and take a look to see if you can identify the problem.

You probably ripped one of the mounting holes on the bottom lip spoiler. You can get a new front spoiler for $100 from Dail Racing or get one at an Acura dealer. It is very easy to install a new one.

If you do decide to take it to a bodyshop, you can take it to any bodyshop. Based on your description of damage, the bodyshop does not have to be NSX specific.

Last edited:
Just lift your car on jack and take a look to see if you can identify the problem.

You probably ripped one of the mounting holes on the bottom lip spoiler. You can get a new front spoiler for $100 from Dail Racing or get one at an Acura dealer. It is very easy to install a new one.

If you do decide to take it to a bodyshop, you can take it to any bodyshop. Based on your description of damage, the bodyshop does not have to be NSX specific.
yeah i was thinking of doing that, to buy the bottom spoiler, but it's actually the part right above that bottom spoiler that I want it to stick correctly. u think any body shop will do? just can't trust just anyone with our nsxs... lol

Take a picture of it and I'll tell you if you can do it from the bottom or if you have to take off the front bumper to fix.

Any reputable body shop should be able to do this for you. Just bring the service manual pages on the front bumper. But the service manual, is missing instructions on serveral bolts. If I recall correctly, it doesn't tell you about the 6 bolts in the front. You have to remove the clear turning lights to access the bolt behind it.

Or print out a couple threads here on prime that tell you how to remove the front bumper.

But, if you want an NSX expert body shop, take it to MV Designz in Orange County.

If your ever in San Diego, bring it by and I'll do it for you for free. Pus, Dali Racing has the bottom spoiler lip locally for only $90.

Or you can try to see if one of our Prime brothers will help you.

evof575gtc, in Orange county, has a lot of experience taking off the front bumper.

I own a body shop in Long Beach. will be glad to look at it for ya
Quality Assured Collision Center
1427 Long Beach Blvd
Long Beach, CA 90813
562-599-0766

Thanks guys! Now I have a new problem... I backed up into a car this weekend. He barely had any damage, but for me, the right corner of my rear bumper got cracked! Probably around 3 inches wide, sort of spider web shaped. I managed to smack it down and it's not sticking up. Just a cracked bumper. Are there ways to fix this cheap? Or do I need a whole new bumper for this crack? Please advise!!!

Nothing on this car is cheap to fix. Unless you don't mind inferior quality work and mismatch painting.

If so, your better off just finding a body shop in south central LA.:biggrin:

Back