• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Any of you guys running Volk TE37s?

If so, what are the exact rim you are you using? size, offset etc.

I was about to get hub-centric spacers to push out my OEM 7 spoke rims, but I'm now considering going all the way and getting bronze TE37s. I know George Wang has them andn they look great! I havn't spoken to him in a while so I don't know what he is running. George, your feedback would be appreciated.

Kenji, I run 17x8, +38 front, and 17x10 +45 rear.

Here are some choices for you:
For front:
16x7.5 +42
16x8 +38
17x7.5 +40
17x8 +38

For rear:
17x9.5 +40
17x10 +45
18x9.5 +40

Hope it helps.

------------------
For some, it's a compensation.

Wow, those are pretty wide huh? What made you decide to get such wide ones? Do you think the 17x7.5 front +42 and 17x9.5+40 rear would fill out the wheel well completely? I was considering getting 18" rears, but I'm curious why you decided to stay with 17" for rear. I am also concerned about tire price and turn ratio for the 18" because most likely the tire will be larger as well. 255/40/17 is probably good enough for me for the rears, what tire/size are you using?

I drove George's car on the track with those wheels, and they feel oh so nice.

He runs 275 A032 tires on the rear which seem to fit on the 10s pretty well.

Excellent wheel for the money.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

The TE-37 is by far my first choice based on weight, but I'm only luke-warm on the looks. The SSR is my first choice for looks but second for weight. I'm still trying to decide. Anyone have the bronze TE-37 on a black car? Picks?

kenji,
If you're considering an 18" wheel to fill out the rear wheel well why not go with a 265/35-18 with the 18" x 9.5" wheel. You'll keep the diameter almost the same as the 255/40-17 and gain about 3/8" in width.

Chris,
Are the 275 A032 tires a 40 series to keep the height ratio about the same?

If so, kenji you could also go that route with the 17 x 10 like mao uses. Either way you won't be disappointed.

I think the 10's look "shaweet" and I am very pleased by the way they fill out the wheel well. Perfectly flush with the fender with the correct offset and NO spacers, but I won't go there.
biggrin.gif
Inside Joke.

Here is a link to a great tire size calculator that you can play around with.

http://www.nsxsc.com/tirecalc.html

Let us know what you decide.

[This message has been edited by Chris W (edited 05 June 2001).]

thanks for all the compliments guys, that is real nice.

chris w, I totally agree with you on sizing. I am running a 265/35/18 in rear, which is plenty of meat and does not impact the TCS system with my 215/40/17 fronts.

http://www.es-sports.com/

above is a link to a page that shows many wheels that will fit the NSX. (main page, then click "wheels"). Some with caliper clearance, some that require spacers.

The advan model 7's are in the second row on the right. I have a set of the Advan Model 7's on order, should be here in a week. the Volks are going to soon me shod with hoosiers and will become track wheels - cant beat the weight.

[This message has been edited by justin hall (edited 05 June 2001).]

I noticed the other day that my front rims are 17x9... does anyone know if 225/40/17's will scrub at all? I have 215/40/17 on them now and they dont protect the rim as much as I'd like.... u can see my avatar for an idea.

Thanks, -Electro

Originally posted by Electro:
I noticed the other day that my front rims are 17x9... does anyone know if 225/40/17's will scrub at all? I have 215/40/17 on them now and they dont protect the rim as much as I'd like....
Thanks, -Electro

I know a couple people that are running 225's with no problem, I think 235's are where the rubbing starts. I can imagine your problem, 215's must be pretty stretched on a 9" wide wheel.... the biggest front wheels I typically see are 8" wide on the NSX.

Originally posted by Electro:
I noticed the other day that my front rims are 17x9... does anyone know if 225/40/17's will scrub at all? I have 215/40/17 on them now and they dont protect the rim as much as I'd like.... u can see my avatar for an idea.

Thanks, -Electro

Electro: Which Wheels do you have?
If you have the Momo Arrows like in the picture they are not 17x.9.0. Momo never made the Arrow in 17x9.0. The widest was 17x8.5.

Enrique
Momo Panama

Yes they're momo arrow's... i measured one of my broken rims the other day with a measuring tape, and from the lip of the rim to the lip of the rim across, it's 9"... I guess it's measuring from inside the lip of the rim where the actual edge of the tire sits.

I am trying to decide between Te'37's and Technomagnesio wheels.

I have been exchanging e-mails with Mark at Dali Racing. The TE-37's apparently require a spacer for Big Brakes The Techno's do not.

What do you guys think about using a magnesium wheel for day to day driving as well as on the track?

-matt
'00 Yellow T #265

the TE-37 17x8, with +38 offset is what's called big brake offset. Rays makes certain TE-37s(and many other models of their wheels) in sizes that are more friendly to Big Brake kits. This size fits my RM AP set-up with much room left. However, this is not absolute. Even if the TEs you get are of the big brake offset variety, there is still a good chance it may not fit your particular brake kit.

------------------
For some, it's a compensation.

Fronts: 215/40-17
Rears: 265/40-17

or my preference;
Fronts: 215/40-17
Rears: 265/35-18

Electro,
I just looked at Discount Tire's website and the widest Momo Arrow they list is 17 x 8.5. Your wheel lip sticks out so far because the tire isn't made to fit that wide of a wheel properly. If you put 225's on your car you're bound to do some serious damage to your fender. With 215/40-17's you should be running either 7.5" or 8" wide wheels at the most.

Back