• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Any Porsche 993 owner here?

Very interested in adding a Porsche 993 carreras to the garage, would love to hear the good the bad, the collectiblity of this model, and what to look for when looking at a car to buy. Any info is greatly appreciated, I'm sure their are owners of both the nsx and Porsche 993 here.

Excellent cars and very collectible. If I were going to buy another one it would be a '98 C4S Coupe with a 6 speed. As long as you have a PPI done by a certified Porsche mechanic familiar with these cars you should be good to go. I sold our 993 before I bought our NSX and we are now shopping for a '10 997 C4S 6 speed coupe in white or meteor metallic. These are both wonderful cars- Good luck with your search.
Have you checked in on PelicanParts.com or RennlistPorsche.com or 6speedonline.com? You will learn a ton.

Thanks for the info, been reading rennlist forum recently, hope to find a nice silver soon.

Did I understand these cars need to be driven regularly to prevent RMS/IMS issues, that they should'nt set like the NSX can. I know nothing about P-cars but want one in the future.

The 993s are truly special. Pinnacle of the air-cooled 911s. Very raw, visceral, and the classic styling. My exp is with 993TT.

Ive had two 993TT's and LOVED them. Interior will seem sparse compared to NSX, but the sights, sounds, and even smells of the car are all part of the great experience. The TTs are holding value very well, and gets harder to find in clean condition. On the TT recommend a leakdown and compression from experienced pcar independent shop as any issues (low compression, valve guides, etc) that may arise later are big $$$ if serious.

Rennlist is the best source. fwiw, I test drove a 993C4S and 993C2S...then i drove a TT :eek:

Recommend you drive a 993TT before you decide :wink:

Good luck.

Last edited:
The 993tt is mucho dinero. A good one with relatively low mileage are easily over 70k.

Fwiw, a coworker friend was choosing between an s2k and a regular 993. After test driving both, he bought the s2k. He said that the 993 felt "slow".

Thanks for the insight, the 993tt are def. nice but price wise it's beyond my budget, I love the look of the 993, saw one while driving my nsx, and it just look so classy and gorgeous, my budget is under 45k so hopefully can find a very nice one soon.

The 993tt is mucho dinero. A good one with relatively low mileage are easily over 70k.

Fwiw, a coworker friend was choosing between an s2k and a regular 993. After test driving both, he bought the s2k. He said that the 993 felt "slow".

Ric, I don't think you can compare the two, it's two totally different car, in totally different class.

I always forget those body style #s but I have a 2012 911 Black Edition. It's obviously a great car but it's very very very refined compared to my 1985 911. The 96 NSX is still the most fun of the three, although I'm really fond of my 16 yr olds 1987 924s that has 10K original miles. Now that is a beautiful car that you just can't find. Feel free to ask me ?

Attachments

• 204.jpg
    204.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 25104177001_318417165_IM1_07_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    25104177001_318417165_IM1_07_565x421_A_562x421.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 140
Hey Guys!

I was alerted to this thread from www.rennlist.com where I actively play.

Get a 993.

Its purity much like the NSX (remember I've owned three NSX's) where it was designed for a purpose and its simplistic (except this time you actually got a in-dash CD player unlike the NSX which came with cassette right up to 2005).

Here's mine, a 1998 993 C4S in Ocean Blue Metallic with Cashmere interior:

RudiImage1.jpg

Bikerack1.jpg

hey Cam, nice to hear from you, wow your 993 looks gorgeous, you got the best year of the 993. Im seriously searching for one, hey anything I should look for in these cars when looking for one, any year i should stay away? I remember you had a silver i believe 996, before your 993 right? I love your ride man.

Hey Pat? Sorry I've forgotten your name...

I'm by no means an expert on the 993's and there isn't a bad year to purchase in my books. I came from a 997 Arctic Silver car.

I wanted the 993 C4S and the model year 1998 as it was the last year for air-cooled 911's, widebodied, and I also liked the awd, turbo body stuff that it came standard with.

There are the body and model differences off the top of my head:

1. Carrera C2/Targa/Convertible
- are the narrow bodied 911's
2. Carrera C2S
- widebodies (turbo body) that were made between 1997 and 1998 that featured the normal Carrera running gear but turbo bodied car
3. Carrera C4S
- widebodies again made between 1996 and 1998 that featured the Turbo body AND brakes, suspension, drivetrain (awd) and interior. Everything but the Turbo engine I believe.

Try and get a copy of Adrian Streather's 993 Guide to read up on these cars. And also become a member at www.rennlist.com to read up on user threads in the 993 section etc. Lot's of useful information.

Last edited:
993s or 4S are amazing cars..... BUT If you are looking for an high resale car you are a little late to the game. They have slowly crept up in value to the point that they are a bit overpriced. Mint, low mileage C2S are being listed for $60-70K! That sounds great until you realize you can get a 997 GT3 for low $70's. Now if you are a beetle purist and believe that real 911's have to be air cooled then 993's are King. Just make sure you do your homework!

Hey Guys!

I was alerted to this thread from www.rennlist.com where I actively play.

Get a 993.

Its purity much like the NSX (remember I've owned three NSX's) where it was designed for a purpose and its simplistic (except this time you actually got a in-dash CD player unlike the NSX which came with cassette right up to 2005).

Here's mine, a 1998 993 C4S in Ocean Blue Metallic with Cashmere interior:

RudiImage1.jpg

Bikerack1.jpg
A tad off topic but that is one sweeeet bike.

Back