• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Any recommendation for alignment shops in NJ

Hey Fellow NJ-ers, any recommendation for places to go for alignments on our cars? Ever since I bought my NSX, i've put on about 600 miles and i've noticed my close to new tires are almost done already. I've read that rear toe has to be adjusted to increase longevity of our tires?

I've used Robbie's on Rt 46 in Dover, NJ.

Its not a difficult alignment to do. The worst alignment my NSX had was when the dealer replaced the EPS under warranty. I think many dealers charge for alignment, but don't actually do it. After that alignment, the same problem - tires gone in 1000 miles.

After using Robbie's, tires have worn virtually straight across and I even got 9000 mi from a pair of OEM Yokohoma rears.

Do my own alignments at the dealership i work at, I was able to get about 22k out of my rear tires. I take my time.

Eurotire on Rt 46 tuned my KW V3's a while back along with a corner balance and alignment. They did a pretty good job and came recommended by another Primer who used them for the same purpose. Now comes the full disclosure...they were pretty expensive and they chipped a small area of paint by the passenger side wheel well. I knew they did it because they also did a great job filling it and touching up over it. It was so minor and they did such a great job repairing it that I just didn't have the energy at the time to even bring it up. It would have been my word against theirs blah blah blah... They have a waiting area surrounded by glass so you can actually watch them work on your car if you want. I was pressed for time that day and decided to run other errands while they worked on my car, bad move in hindsight. Like I said, not such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Lastly, they felt the need to put 12 miles on my car? Test drive the newly tuned suspension I get it...but 12 miles? Again, something that could be avoided if you have the time to wait around and watch them work on you car. I would definitely go back to them again but this time I would make sure to stick around and watch them closely.

If you want even tire wear across the face of your front tires and long rear tire wear it's just a matter of setting the alignment for that result.

Repin, 12 miles doesn't sound so unusual.

On NSX's or similar performance cars I generally do closer to 15 miles. To find the various road conditions and go the various speeds I need to test it properly, my route is about 15 miles round trip.
I have different routes for different cars depending on the cars or trucks intended main use and or problem being rectified.

How anyone would chip your fenders doing a alignment is beyond me. Makes no sense and that would be something they would need to make good on. That's just not right.

Last edited:
This guy's shop, in the post above me, did such an outstanding job on my four corner alignment that I cannot argue with anything he says here. I wouldn't have cared if he put 40 or 50 miles on my car. Hell, I put 75 miles on it just so I go to him and watch his tech get the numbers perfect! Vince's Auto Body is truly in a class all it's own. And that is only an alignment! Take a trip there sometime just to see some of the paint work if you really want to be impressed!!

Do my own alignments at the dealership i work at, I was able to get about 22k out of my rear tires. I take my time.

Was that 22k on the OEM Yokohamas? They are very soft tires & low tread wear rating. My Goodyears GS D3s are still in great shape after 14.6 kmi and should easily deliver over 20k mi.

As to Euro Tire, I've used them for tires on other cars for over 30 years, but not for alignment. They have always done excellent work - not a scratch on the rims, and they final torque all lugs by hand rather than using air tools. I do wait in their upstairs lounge and watch the work.

Sounds like we have some polite cruisers. :biggrin:
My crowd.

Last edited:

Was that 22k on the OEM Yokohamas? They are very soft tires & low tread wear rating. My Goodyears GS D3s are still in great shape after 14.6 kmi and should easily deliver over 20k mi.

As to Euro Tire, I've used them for tires on other cars for over 30 years, but not for alignment. They have always done excellent work - not a scratch on the rims, and they final torque all lugs by hand rather than using air tools. I do wait in their upstairs lounge and watch the work.

Not to hijack this thread, but I need a similar recommendation for an alignment shop in Westchester County. I'm changing the tie rods & adding the SOS steering bushings and am do for an alignment.

Any recommendations close to Yonkers?

Frank, You put up the same post TWICE over ten hours apart. :wink:
How you doing that? :confused:

Not to hijack this thread, but I need a similar recommendation for an alignment shop in Westchester County. I'm changing the tie rods & adding the SOS steering bushings and am do for an alignment.

Any recommendations close to Yonkers?

Try PMing member "Tytus". I believe he lives in that area.

Repin, 12 miles doesn't sound so unusual.
Thanks for the reassurance pbassjo...I guess my overall experience with them forced me to critique every little detail. I still do believe they did a great job with my suspension overall which is why I would even bother to mention them at all.

How anyone would chip your fenders doing a alignment is beyond me. Makes no sense and that would be something they would need to make good on. That's just not right.
Sorry about the confusion...they also removed my OEM shock/strut setup and installed my KW V3's. Plenty of room for error, not justifying their careless actions but stating that "alignment" alone was not the case.

Thanks for all the tips guys!! Need to stop the tire wear heh :biggrin:

No it was not on the OEM yoks. It was on dunlop's. And you could come to the dealership and request me. It is a honda dealership but we have acura dealership on our complex. The acura dealership has brought nsx's over to me when extra help was needed.

Alignment recommendations in NJ

Hey NJ Prime members; this is Don from Toms River, NJ also looking for a recommendation for alignment in NJ. I know this is an old thread, but didn't think it was appropriate to start a new one. I just put on 2 x new front tires (Potenza RE760 Sport), as the old ones were bald on the inside 1/2. I bought the car 5 years ago and the tires were pretty worn back then and since, I have put 11K miles on them. I'm about 1/2 hour from the Ocean Acura dealer, but wanted to see if anyone else has used them. I've also attached a printout of the alignment measurements to also get your recommendations whether an alignment is warranted. Thanks for your help in advance - Don

Attachments

• 1996 NSX Alignment measurements DJR.pdf
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
I have never found a dealer that did a correct alignment on any brand car. A quality body shop or tire shop have always worked for me. When I got my NSX, the dealer had just replaced the steering rack under warranty; the front tires wiped out in less than 4 kmi. A local trusted discount tire shop aligned the car for me and tires have wore straight across ever since, getting more than 20kmi per set.

If you want even tire wear across the tires on your stock NSX it can be aligned to give that result.
It is possible to circumvent and eliminate the intended performance purpose of this car's suspension.
Most will not notice any handling difference especially of they mostly cruise and occasionally love to hit the gas for a few moments all the while checking the mirror for police.
Put those setting in someone like DocJohn's car and he will get in, drive a bit and likely come back and say: "What the heck did you do to my car? That's not right!".

Hey NJ Prime members; this is Don from Toms River, NJ also looking for a recommendation for alignment in NJ. I know this is an old thread, but didn't think it was appropriate to start a new one. I just put on 2 x new front tires (Potenza RE760 Sport), as the old ones were bald on the inside 1/2. I bought the car 5 years ago and the tires were pretty worn back then and since, I have put 11K miles on them. I'm about 1/2 hour from the Ocean Acura dealer, but wanted to see if anyone else has used them. I've also attached a printout of the alignment measurements to also get your recommendations whether an alignment is warranted. Thanks for your help in advance - Don

There is a place in Farmingdale that is supposed to be pretty good.....It is called The Front End Shop.

Last edited:
Thanks & I'll check out The Front End Shop!

Joe,

Mine was set to the nominal factory setting, which of course is for the street. Track settings for more aggressive handling do tend to munch away at the tires quite faster. So, all you have to do is put marks on the various adjustment points for both settings, then move to the aggressive settings for track days.:biggrin:

Frank

PS Its also a good idea to ask the shop for a before and after printout of the settings. With that you can get an idea of the settings vs handling and tire wear.

If you want even tire wear across the tires on your stock NSX it can be aligned to give that result.
It is possible to circumvent and eliminate the intended performance purpose of this car's suspension.
Most will not notice any handling difference especially of they mostly cruise and occasionally love to hit the gas for a few moments all the while checking the mirror for police.
Put those setting in someone like DocJohn's car and he will get in, drive a bit and likely come back and say: "What the heck did you do to my car? That's not right!".

I have found the factory zanardi or type S settings are a decent compromise for track/street.Main reason is that my dealer has those settings programmed into the hunter,I just ask for max - camber up front which for my type R susp is -1.7.

Back