• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyhope the HSC might be revived??

And it funny because now alot of people keep commenting how they wish the HSC was made but at the time of it's appearance they didn't like it.

I remember this. Most of the complaints were about the powerplant, IRC, and it's 300+hp figure. For me, it was love at first sight. Now we have this fugly ASCC crap, and some of you are whining about bringing the HSC to production. The irony.

What was Honda thinking??? 300hp, no wonder we all hated the idea! But....want proof that 320HP is better than 290/300HP- I've just read a few reviews about the 2009 Cayman with 320 HP, listen to what he says at the very end of the video! http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=236404&CT=V

Here's another video, if you want better quality sound recording, and some neat colors http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJpoH3ayzW4

I'd rather have a HSC.... but with Honda pulling out of everything... Cayman looks a lot better than Audi R8 if you want to save $60k

Last edited:
All the HSC needed was to turbo what it had (instead of investing in the V10) and it would have been perfect. The car was beautiful.

All the HSC needed was to turbo what it had (instead of investing in the V10) and it would have been perfect. The car was beautiful.

Not even that. A factory-installed CTSC C32 would have done the trick. That option should have been made available before 2005 on a Type-S/Type-R.

I personally thought that the HSC could be better at the time looks-wise but in hindsight it really is awesome looking. Obviously I had objections about the power.

Honda dropped the ball big time since the NSX brand still had quite a bit of clout and if updated and marketed properly over time could have absolutely become what the 911 is today.

BTW, we will be seeing the 911 go to 8 cyliders very soon. They are simply out of gas on the F-6. But of course Porsche will do what they have to do, as always. They are at least committed to supporting that car and understand and appreciate its heritage.

Back