• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone drive the C6 Z06 yet?

I've seen a few on the streets, 2 to be exact both yellow. Just wanted to get an nsx owner's impression on this beast.

My buddy's selling his C5 ragtop and thinking about the Z06.

I hope he has someone he's buying it from, because from what I understand every single C6 Z06 is already sold.

Yes, it is as advertised. As far as performance its worth every penny.

I havent driven one yet but I have seen a few driving around town. I hope they dont pick on me

I was considering buying one from the MANY available on Ebay..with a markup of course...and went to a local dealer and drove their ZO6 demo [they have one in LI]....FASTTTTTTTTTTTT....great brakes...looks VERY menacing..nice tech for a big American lump...incredible handling....but...its kindy cheapy inside and under the hood and obviously not as refined...
BUT FASTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

RP-Motorsports said:
I have a friend with a yellow C6 Z06, and as soon as spring comes, I will ask for the keys. :biggrin: Also there is another local guy who has a blue one, that I looked at, but do not know him personally.
I was in my 405 hp ZX Twin Turbo and matched up with one on the highway...he won.

I am SERIOUSLY NOT looking forward to next track season. I could respectfully hang with C5 Z06's (not beat) but the new Z06, will be depressing to me and my little 3.0 :frown:

The good thing, is it takes a GREAT driver to drive a high bhp car quickly, and the NSX is an easy car to push hard. I have had many of Vipers pass me down the straight, and have them hold me up at many other sections, and sometimes I get back past them. From what I have read, the C6 Z06 is a MAJOR hand full at the track. We shall see. I will post lap times as I get them for Road America.

why not buy one and put 5 grand into a custom "tasteful" interior and add some good seats. that would seem to eliminate 80% of the complaints.

AndyH said:
Don't worry, by this time next year you can get one for $10K under MSRP (whatever it is) :)

Just like you have been able to get on the NSX for the past many years. I bought mine brand-new (from a dealer) in 1996 with 62 miles on the clock for nearly $11k off the sticker. That said, I highly doubt new Z06's will be selling new, from a dealer, at a discount.

Back