• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone from beijing, china

i'm going back pack through all of southeast asia starting in beijing and ending up in india or possibly make it all the way to europe. i'm flying out of san francisco on the 20th of this month and landing in beijing(bjs or pek) at roughly 10pm beijing time. can anyone tell me how to get to an area where you can find cheap hostels and many back packers. this is going to be my first time to china. if you can pick me up from the airport and drop me off, that would be fantastic. thanks.

peter

Make sure u get ur shots. Tell the hospital that ur going to west asia and they will load u up with about 1/2 cup of shots - fresh water pockets in the muscles.

do u speak chinese?

I did China almost 2 years ago. $1700 included round trip airfare, 4-star hotels, tour guide, all you can eat food and 7~ major cities.

Great for shopping. Usually 90% cheaper than here in the states.

And the women...... well, I will neither confirm nor deny that flashing out that California Driver License with US passport will get you some prime Jade Gates with my Jade Hammer. ;)

Watch out for the "mystery meat"

wow that's a big trip!
all the way to europe. :eek:

What country's are you stopping by?

i'm starting in china, then down through vietnam, cambodia, thailand, then hooking back up for tibet, and finally india. if i have enough funds, i can hook up from india into russian and take the eurail into europe.

i'm young, i can survive months going from 5 dollar hostels to the next so it's fairly cheap. it's just the drinking that will throw me back a bit.

Dude,

I live in San Francisco and travel frequently to HK and Thailand. Let me know if you need a recommedation of where to stay in Thailand or HK.

Dan

I travel to Asia ~1 a month for my work, particularly to China, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea. Sorry to say I don't stay in hostels, but I can give you recommendations on where you said you'd be spending most your money on...alcohol =) You might also want to check out the historical and scenic places, like the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Temple of the Heavens, Emperor Tombs, Summer Palace (all of these are in Beijing). There are seriously just too many!

yeah, beijing's large and so i'll be spending quite a few days in that city. i was wondering if you guys know where all of the backpacker/hostels are at?

Back