• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone go to school with a superstar?

White92 said:
Wait, my head is spinning. Can you put that into a chart or something?

I tried to explain as best as possible. Basically its my uncle's nephew.

I had the bad and the good in my graduating class: Patricia Krenwickle and Phil Hartman. Actually dated Patrica: lucky to be alive :biggrin:

I've got some close calls, but no real celebrities :)

Danny Glover's nephew was in my class. Does that count?

Also, I grew up very near Julia Roberts' hometown, so there are always folks who "saw" or "met" or "knew" her, but none of those folks are me. So I guess that isn't even close to counting :D

Ooooh, and one of my classmates was in Playboy. But she's also my second cousin, so that's a little awkward...

dave22 said:
Ooooh, and one of my classmates was in Playboy. But she's also my second cousin, so that's a little awkward...

Not for some kind of people in the South ! :biggrin: :tongue: :rolleyes:

I went to high school with Frank Klopas (soccer star for 17 years - played in Greece, US National Team, Chicago Sting, Chicago Fire, etc.).

I went to college with former NBA star Rod Strickland.

No one famous from my class, so this is the best I can offer...

I have a Master's degree in Health Education, and during my pre-internship, I assisted the football and soccer teams at a high school in Jacksonville, FL. On that football team was Sam Cowart, the All Pro linebacker in the NFL.

By marrage, I am also related to the Coppola's. Which means I am related to Nicholas Cage, who is a Coppala, who married Lisa Marie Pressely, which must mean I am related to the King, right?

My wife's cousin is close friends with Gwen Stefani's sister (I know that's a stretch). I invited them to Christmas dinner...wouldn't you???

The closest thing I can come up with is the singer Jewl when she was in 7th grade in Hawaii and I was in 8th grade. I didn't really know her though. Next would be I knew the sister (Who was a year younger than I was) of Miss America Carolyn Sapp, and my high school classmate and football team mate played the roll of the large sumo wrestler football player in the movie Replacements with Keanu Reeves. There are a few local singers/entertainers but none others that are really nationally known that I can think of.

Oh, my wife went to school with the wresler/actor The Rock :biggrin:

TigerNSX said:
I was at a Blockbuster video store, and two kids came up calling me, "Jackie Chen, Jackie Chen!!!" They asked for my autograph and I did :biggrin:

So, I guess that makes me Jackie Chen, and you guys are reading Jackie Chen's post everyday :tongue:
Be sure to sign your posts with "Jackie Chan" and not "Chen" to make us believe. :wink:

If driving schools also count: A buddy of mine attended a school at french track "Paul Ricard" (also known as Le Castelet, now belongs to Bernie Ecclestone) with his NSX some years ago. One of the other "pupils" in the driving class was Phil Collins (with a Ferrari AFAIK) and he admired the NSX.

I went to school with Shaq.
Talked to him briefly in a bar...I think my eyes were about the same level as his nipples (actually, where I imagine his nipples would be...he was not topless :biggrin: )

I dated Debbie Allen's niece in college, so I used to see her a lot. I also used to see Tommy Davidson a lot in high school although we went to different schools. He was funny even back then. Puffy also went to college with me, but I hardly ever saw him in class. He never graduated. He threw a lot of parties though and I would ALWAYS see him there!

My uncle created the show "Bewitched" and, until recently, owned all of the rights to it. He sold it to Sony.

I will get my 15 minutes of fame on either March 13th for "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" on ABC, or it's follow up show "How Did They Do That" on Monday the 14th.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Is she that famous now that you dont even have to mention her last name....lol.....I have met her twice and she has a great personality as well as other things.

Yeah, I think she would qualify for one of those people who is known well enough just from her first name. She is an extremely nice person. She was great to work with when you could get ahold of her. She travels a TON, so most of the time I was dealing with her personal assistant. She's a huge car nut too! You wouldn't believe the cars that we insure for her! She definitely can choose a different car to drive every day of the week. Plus, as a thank you, she sent me an autographed picture of herself protected in a plasted sleeve. She wrote on it that I'm a "real sweetie!" We're not supposed to accept things like this, but I think it was covered under, "advertising produts." so it was ok in my book! Was I going to tell her, "no thanks?" :biggrin:

Went to high school with "Macho Man Savage" the professional wrestler. His real name was Randy Poffo, his father Angelo Poffo was a professional wrestler in the 60's

Didn't go to school with any famous people, but I played basket ball against Jason Kidd in high school in a tournament in HI before he went pro.

Went to high school in Germany with some famous people's kids, but mostly German celebrities or bigwigs, so most of you probably have never heard of them.

Of the globally known stars, had Tony Curtis' daughter in my class, and her sister a year or two behind me. Well after I graduated, David Coverdale's daughter went to my school (I am a big Deep Purple/Whitesnake fan, so probably a bigger deal to me than to most), but I never met her.

I went to college at RPI in upstate NY, around the same time as Joe Juneau and just missed Adam Oates and Darren Puppa by a year (they're all current or former NHL players) . But, the hockey players kept to themselves, for the most part, so I didn't meet any of them.

caseycarson said:
If I knew then what I know now........

Oh well, at least they were only a one hit wonder and we don't have to listen to them too much.

I went to school w/ Shane Battier (NBA star) and my Dad went to HS with Ted Nugent. :smile:

I dunno if i wanna brag about this, but I hung out in a group at noon time in hs with this guy.
http://cmdrtaco.net/rob.shtml

Yeah, i was a nerd in school. :frown:

He created an ubergeek website called slashdot.org and became their "god", got big time lucky when he and a group of friends from school sold it and from what i heard raked in big bucks in the dot com boom.

He's been written up in Wired mag and i'm sure other publications.
He's prolly famous in a "non-Hollywood" sense.

back in the day...WWF!

wswen said:
Went to high school with "Macho Man Savage" the professional wrestler. His real name was Randy Poffo, his father Angelo Poffo was a professional wrestler in the 60's

hmmm... There was another wrestler in the 80's (sametime as Randy "Macho Man" Savage) in the WWF who went by Leaping Lenny Poffo. He used to say a poem or rhyme in the ring prior a match on the mic' to get the crowd jumping and the opponent into a tirade.

Think he's part of the aforementioned Poffo clan?

Distance Runner said:
My wife's cousin is close friends with Gwen Stefani's sister (I know that's a stretch). I invited them to Christmas dinner...wouldn't you???

[Gwen]
Im just sippin on chamomile
Watching boys and girls and their sex appeal
With a stranger in the face who says he knows my mom
And went to my high school :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Monica Lewinsky at Lewis and Clark in Portland. Top that! (Unfortunately; she was a Freshman when I was a senior, so our paths did not cross, even though I never considered Freshmen "off-limits" so to speak.

Back