• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have an Octane Fitness Eliptical?

http://home.octanefitness.com/products/series_detail.cfm?ITEM_ID=15&ITEM_TYPE=E

I was looking at this new one. It is actually seated. Very cool.

Looking for opinions.

Thanks,
i haven't used the elliptical you cited, but it looks like it would provide an outstanding workout.

(unfortunately) i developed a serious health condition 3 years ago, had major surgery two years ago this month, followed by complications mid-'09 that resulted in additional surgery 3 months ago. despite having resumed my daily cycling routine last year, my level of conditioning was slightly better than that of a doorstop.

sigh.

so i bought this nordictrack elliptical two months ago and began using it on fairly light workouts 3 days a week. i kept that sched for 2 weeks (to "manage" my level of pain) and then began increasing the level of difficulty to "moderate" (min. 45 mins, 500 cals burned as indicated by the system's computer). a month in, i increased to 5 days a week, moderate level and have been pushing it up to an hour and 1,000 cals burned.

this sched / level of efforts seems to work pretty well for me and the results are becoming noticeable in how i feel, clothes fit, etc. i hope to return to snowboarding this winter and next summer hope to do a few bicycle tours.

my sense is the nordictrack is less featured than your elliptical, but it's great for my needs and the amount i was willing to spend. if you decide to buy that elliptical, i'd be interested in hearing your impressions / results, etc.

best,
hal

Back when I was considering getting an elliptical, I tested a couple of Octanes and liked the most expensive one - the arm motions to me felt better than all the alternatives. I actually went with most of the recommendations, though, and got a Life Fitness 7 (electronic and adjustable stride). Unfortunately I have moved into a loft and really have no space to set it up again, but was happy with the purchase. The biggest dings against Octane that I gathered were around the "un-proven" reliability vs. Life Fitness.

I have no experience with these but clicked out of curiosity. I never even knew they made recumbent elliptical machines. Going to show this to my GF who was in a car accident and broke her back and shattered her ankle, she has a regular elliptical but standing too long jacks up her ankle.

Back