• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone hear from Shawn

You offered me the ping pong ball after you used it but I haven't had the opportunity to follow your instructions. I can mail it back to you before you go on your annual pilgrimage to Turkey.

Stuff like this is why Prime is always my favorite! Car (NSX) People are awesome!

Shawn, wish only good things for you my brother!

So true... Even though I got off FakeBook years ago. This place has changed so much in the 13 years I've been here... The So Cal section had more activity back then then this entire site does these days. A changing of ownership and like you said, social media have turned the So Cal forum into a ghost town... Used to get 20 people to reply to a NSX canyon run with in a week now you're lucky to get 10 in three weeks. Gas is at a 15 year low and people still don't want to drive their cars:redface:

Good to see Shawn back!!!

Any drives coming up? Let's go!

Big Shawn - glad to hear you are OK - as others have said your absence is surely noted on the forum - miss your commentary and insights!! Hang in there and hope all goes in the right direction for you. Cheers Brother ----- Jay

SPEEDMASTER.... oh my god I have been tring to figure out whom sent me info about a certain NSX chassis....... your pic reminded me of whom you were... PM me...

SPEEDMASTER.... oh my god I have been tring to figure out whom sent me info about a certain NSX chassis....... your pic reminded me of whom you were... PM me...

It's all good...I still need some stuff, we can catch up another time. I will pm you anyway. Just get situated and get that shop going!

So pretty much the bulk of the conversation lives in the closed FB group "NSX Owners Group". If you aren't into FB or don't have an account or just refuse to move on from the dated message boards, that's on you, but don't complain about things slowing down, instead they've progressed. You can post a message here and wait hours, days, or weeks for someone to respond, or maybe no one ever responds. Or you can post the question on FB and get responses pretty much immediately. I check this main Prime for "parts for sale" and if I need to find a DIY, that's about it. Otherwise, I post to my region on here when I'm trying to reach people outside of the FB realm.

There's a lot of guys that use FB solely for NSX owners group. Doesn't mean they have to update their own page or be friends with anyone on their personal page. All our "AZ NSX" communication lives on FB and we keep it locked down. I won't let you join even if you own an NSX, you have to be an AZ NSX owner. Many others have taken to Instagram. Lots of NSX owners on there that just about all started here. Don't give up on NSXPrime, even if it has slowed down.

Last edited:
Glad to see all these familiar prime members responded to this post.
You guys are the only reason I still check prime every single day.
Thanks for all of your contribution!

Glad to see you back around shawn.

Anyways Facebook I'll say it once and I'll say it again. It's a joke. People ask the same BS over and over again. It's almost comical some of the conversations. I understand the ease of use, the rapid responses, but prime will always be the main source of information. Where the most knowledgable people live and I stand by that. The Facebook owners group is "alright", but it's mostly people posting for attention and pictures of stuff not even related to their car. However, the open group is a cest pool of whomever and scammers probably just roaming freely.

But the fact is... 1 out of every 1000 new posts may be semi relevant and a discussion is started. That discussion moves forward but all documentation is lost or can not be easily found again.

If you want to picture what facebook is. It's like the "delete" thread, but nsx related and actually not as good as the delete thread.

Last edited:
Too bad we can't rename this thread to I love/hate Facebook and Anyone hear from Shawn. :)

FB pages and forums are just so completely different, like tasty drive-thru-window fast food vs. a home-cooked meal by a recipe you can easily refer back to years later. The FB page can be entertaining for the occasional disposable conversation so it has its place but it's crazy to think one could replace the other or be merged like Tapatalk has very unsuccessfully been forcing down users' throats for the past few years, completely ruining a once great app for reading forums. My original thread-jacking comment tho was more about missing contributions from the "regulars" of 5+ years ago than about FB bashing. At least this thread has served as a homecoming reunion of sorts. :)

Too bad we can't rename this thread to I love/hate Facebook and Anyone hear from Shawn. :)
Hahaha that's why I love my Yinzer!!!
Yeah I've been a loyal Tapatalk user for years and somehow it's only got progressively worse.

I was thinking that even updating my own build thread has become such an inconvenience compared to the instant satisfaction of posting to social media. But, at the end of the day this site is still a stone built archive that bunkers in content that social media is designed to erode away over time.

Hi Shawn! Hope all is well and that things work out out for you.

FB/social media contribution: as much as you may be trying to avoid being involved in this, as said earlier in this thread ~ if your friends/family are on it, you are also on it. The difference being that you are willingly not taking control of your online identity and it is being shaped by those who talk about you/interact with you and are peripheral in your life. You think you can get away but you can't ;) that said, I think there will always be a role for forums like NSX Prime because they are currently easier to crawl and search.

First, it's good to see you are still around Shawn. I hope and pray that everything falls in place and you get your shop up and running. It would be a big loss not having your knowledge, skill, enthusiasm and wisdom in the NSX world. And,....smart ass comments from time to time. You've bailed me out a couple times when I needed a somewhat discontinued part or some advice with my car and I live in Texas. So your reach is farther than the Florida borders or wherever you land next.

Second, I use FB and prime almost equally for all things NSX and then some. FB is a great way to share with non-NSX friends family what's going on in my life. It's instantaneous and I reach them all at once. (Usually phone calls follow.) Plus, it's an easy way to communicate with my NSX friends from all over the world even though we don't always speak each other's language very well. (My Canadian and Australian is terrible. And my Japanese is the worst. LOL). It's almost as good as a conversation over the phone but, not quite. I also get car meet info from the car clubs to which I am a member. Yes, I too am tired of the "Ass End Friday" Pic requests and the constant political opinionism virus that seems to be getting worse and attaches to almost every post on any nonpolitical subject. I mean what does Trump, Clinton, border security and gun control have to do with a discussion about the differences in wiper blades on an automatic or manual shift NSX? Though on technical posts like the example I just used or questions on how and where to buy a decent NSX and how to fix it, the usual answer is go to the NSX Prime Wiki. A very valuable resource that FB won't ever have. Prime is the place I know I can find the most accurate info on my car. And it's where I have met my NSX family of friend's before I met them in person at Expos and other venues. It's my belief that Prime will always be a valuable part of the NSX community. Especially, as long as you dinosaur yahoos remain part of it. Love you guys.

Ed

$15k worth of parts to the dumpster? I gave you a parts list weeks before you left, but I never heard back. I'm sure a number of members would have shown up with a truck to save them being tossed, me included. And Nabil probably.

What a waste.....

$15k worth of parts to the dumpster? I gave you a parts list weeks before you left, but I never heard back. I'm sure a number of members would have shown up with a truck to save them being tossed, me included. And Nabil probably.

What a waste.....

Indeed - esp. since Honda has no interest in supporting their legacy cars

indeed it takes a shawn whisperer...

Something tells me that dumper in Shawnspeak means: corner of the garage, to be ignored until interest resurfaces?

Dunno Yinzer, he relocated away from Florida I believe...doubt he would have taken an extra truckload. :eek:(

fb is good for quick replys, its just faster, easier to sell also

Back