• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone hear from Shawn

Shawn, good to see you are still topside with the rest of us oxygen suckers :rolleyes:
Cheers!

I'm still curious as to why Shawn needs "stay safe" wishes and still gets well wishes when I'm still out $4500 and a block with this fella. Can anyone encourage him to at least return the broken block he sold me? Still haven't received any communication from him except a sideways reply on this thread

I'm still curious as to why Shawn needs "stay safe" wishes and still gets well wishes when I'm still out $4500 and a block with this fella. Can anyone encourage him to at least return the broken block he sold me? Still haven't received any communication from him except a sideways reply on this thread

Apparently he is loved here, I hope you can get it resolved cause I hate hearing these type of stories on prime.

LoveNSXs:
Since he responded to this forum, I also have tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with him. Tried his email, PM. No response. I am also out some $. Don't know what you tell you.
Good luck.
Eric

It's like Dali all over again. People get screwed out of money and someone comes out saying that they had a good experience. I have seen the product that Shawn sent LoveNSXs. It was listed as being in "excellent condition". The block had a chunk missing from one or more of the sleeve walls, plus there was other damage. This was years ago and Shawn was notified immediately about the issue. Shawn finally agreed to fix the block reluctantly and LoveNSXS mailed it back. Still no block. Keep in mind, LoveNSXs was deployed in the sandbox fighting for all of our freedom while this transpired. You need to make this right Shawn!!!!

All due respect, blah blah blah, but with $4500 and an NSX block on the line, I'd be on a plane and buying a baseball bat when I landed. FWIW, the one time I finally got Shawn to actually agree sell me something, it arrived as promised, as described. But we're talking $45 worth.

Paypal and credit cards are you friends in time like this, as are an unwillingness to be strung along past the 60 day cutoff.

Hope this works out for you.

the one time I finally got Shawn to actually agree sell me something, it arrived as promised, as described.

You did better than I did then. There wasn't a single item that he said he was going to sell to me ever panned out. I missed out on a lot of parts because he said he was going to sell them to me so I passed on other sellers. I chalked it up to him being busy.

I dont know the entire backstory to what is going on here, but I have had my share of PM's with Shawn and he seems like a stand up guy. I really hope he resurfaces and gets everything squared away because I would like to send my car to him to have it painted.

Refer to my post in vendor reviews... I have all my PMs and email interactions with him quoted, and have no problem doing actual screen shots of the emails to back them..

I remember when Shawn first joined Prime. He was a newbie to the NSX and jumped in starting with a rebuild of a fire damaged NSX. I was one of few vocal members who doubted his ability to rebuild the car. I was proven wrong and he gained a lot of credibility with his future rebuilds. Unfortunately he was the apparent victim of the theft of a car, and possibly money, as he got going with his NSX repair business. I know he was a very trusting person and contributed a lot to the community. I even spoke with about buying my totaled NSX and he was offering me a big profit. I wasn't able to close the deal and I just let the insurance company take my car away.

It's unfortunate to see these posts about Shawn, and I know that he was looking for a loan in the beginning of 2015 to get his business going. Sometimes being a good guy in the beginning takes it's toll and you cross over the line. It's pretty much a shame that he's "vanished like a fart in the wind."

Refer to my post in vendor reviews... I have all my PMs and email interactions with him quoted, and have no problem doing actual screen shots of the emails to back them..

Maybe time to file a police report and put it on your taxes. You can get a block for cheaper on the open market right now. I would move on as you are clearly not going to get satisfaction with him.

Back