• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone in Chicagoland with an 02+ NSX want to let me test drive their car?

I am a Porsche guy.. I have 3 now. TT, c2 and a 944 cab. I have always loved the NSX but I am wondering how liveable the car could be?

I am 6'3 med build and the one time I sat in one I felt cramped.

My other issue is that my newest addition 03 996TT x-50 sportec, which is closing in on 600HP and has verocious speed. I drove my 300hp 2000 aero 996 last week and it felt like I had the emergency break on...no joke, I thought it was on. :biggrin:

I know that at 600hp there is pretty much nothing that I could buy that will be an improvement from a speed perspective.

I would let the NSX owner drive my TT and would offer a free photoshoot for his car. Here are some pics of my photograhy of my cars... And no, you may not drive my Girlfriend... :)

club411911_5.jpg

mon911_9.jpg

club411911_2.jpg

944_7.jpg

await_5.jpg

Nice pics (saw them over on 6speed a while back too)

I'm sure you would get a response if a mod moved this over to the correct regional forum. Or you can come down to Houston for a test drive :wink:

Why not just go by a local dealership and do a test drive? There are 5 on autotrader within 50 miles of Chicago.

I would be glad to swap for a bit, but don't be suprised if my car is faster!:biggrin:

Why not just go by a local dealership and do a test drive? There are 5 on autotrader within 50 miles of Chicago.

Good question... they wont let me. A certian chicagoland acura delarship said they wanted to run a credit check first. After I laughed at them, I told them I was paying cash.

I said a credit check for a 60k car? Are you kidding me?

I am in my early 30's and came in with a tshirt and jeans on. However I was sporting a AP rubber clad on my wrist which is about 1/3 of what the car cost. Of course they are so clueless they would not know Audemars Piguet from a Timex. Hate car dealers :)

I was so pissed!

I am in my early 30's and came in with a tshirt and jeans on. However I was sporting a AP rubber clad on my wrist which is about 1/3 of what the car cost. Of course they are so clueless they would not know Audemars Piguet from a Timex. Hate car dealers :)

I was so pissed!

Next time You need to wear a ROLEX, all salesman knows ROLEX. But If they judge you by the watch only, Buy it from someone who cares about you as a customer. Those dealers are more likely take care of their customers.

Stick with the Porsches... they're a better fit for your image than an NSX!

-Wick

Did you want to ride in an NA 02+?

FYI, both Bob Kenney and Woody are FI

If you are just concerned about how you fit in the car, we can try to contact Randy [NSX Too Tall] for his comments. :biggrin: He is located in the Chicago area and I am sure he will be glad to share his insights into the fit question. From a performance standpoint, Woody's car is a daily driver, it is very dependable and an exceptionally fast commuter car.:rolleyes: :biggrin:

Anytime; we are here to help. By the way, a nice collection of cars.

I don't know Bob, this guy was mean to my Rolex and I am hurt. I can say all kinds of nasty things about folks who drive P cars but I won't :biggrin:

I don't know what an AP is. I wear a Casio. I also paid cash for my 02 NSX. I'm not under 30, but not too far over also.

It's fun to go to high end dealerships dressed in jeans with paint and a sweatshirt. You find out quickly who the smart salesmen are!

I'm 1:15 north of Chicago, near Lake Geneva. I have a stock '02 NSX. PM me if you'd like to get together sometime.

pharma

I don't know Bob, this guy was mean to my Rolex and I am hurt. I can say all kinds of nasty things about folks who drive P cars but I won't :biggrin:

Hi Steve; we appreciate your restraint. :rolleyes:
Given you are slightly over 30 and a Rolex is a icon of our generation don't take it too hard, it is the beginning of the season and we are trying to start off with a clean slate. :biggrin:
I owned a P car once upon a time. :eek:

We miss you and Pat but hope your new found NSX friends in Minnesota come to appreciate the 2 of you as we have in Chicago. :cool: :biggrin:

I'm sorry.. I once owned a GMT Master II.. Until I saw the light :) JK

I would probably agree with most you would say about porsche owners. Just see the arguments I get into them on 6speed. :)

TRUCE!

Back