• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone interested in smoked vinyl overlays for the NSX lights?

Hey it takes time, Randy's doing us all a huge favor for volunteering his time and his car. Next time I see him I'll have to buy him lunch, sorry I couldn't hang out last time. The interest looks good so far, let's see how this all turns out. Bluebatmobile has a rare razor blade talent that master tinters have. I thought the cutouts for my Scion were done with a laser.

oh yea, like what's the stuff actually made of?

Much delayed questions, these overlays are essentially the same thing as what's used for tinting windows? Or is it a thicker, transparent type of film?

im very interested. Much rather do this than to use spray. Any updates?

These really are nice..if you're looking to darken your tails. The light BTW still comes thru fine. Bat also has different levels of tint...3/10 (very light) and 6/10 (what I ran on my Z).

I never had a problem with the law or anything...in the sun, you can see the red come thru. I loved the way they looked, especially on my orange car. I'll post some random pics...click on thumbs to enhance..

I had the tails, the rear turn signals, headlights (a light grey tint) and front turn signals all done by Bat. And when you get tired of them, just peel them off (a little bit of work, cause they're really on there...but they can be taken off, unlike if you spray).

Done! These turned out really nice! I will be posting pics in a new thread hopefully tomorrow :). It's not an easy kit to install uless you are good at applying vinyl. The curved portion on the main tails takes patience, but the end result is well worth the effort :). I would suggest a tint shop to do the install if you are noy comfortable doing it. I'm working on the 3rd brakelight for the spoiler next, plus all the other lenses. I thought I'd release the taillight first since it's the most sought after Overlay from me ;).
Bat™

Nice! Thanks!
biggthum.gif
biggthum.gif

Any particular quirks or tricks with the NSX lights?

Blue Batmobile, I have a friend with an Imola Orange NSX that wants to either yellow out or orange out the red sidemarkers. Is it possible to overlay yellow or orange over the red to get an orange look and still have light shine through at night?

I can't wait to see Randy's sick ride again...

Hey Bat,
I would like all the pieces at once for the NSX, if you have them done. Also wanted a set for a G35 cpe. Pleas email me a total cost for each car, sence I am only paying for the G35. Any consideration for buying both? Email [email protected]

Thanks,
Hal

hey blue how much is it gonna cost for entire tail light including brake light?

I looked at the new NSX pictures at BlueBatmobile and the new thread and they look good! It leaves me with a key question:

Can anyone recommend a good professional tinter in the Bay Area to do this for multiple cars, so we can all benefit from the gained experience, rather than each be the first time a different tinter has done this particular job?

Chip

Hey Bat,

I'd be interested in an overlay for the rear red markers too to match. What are your thoughts on the exact tint match to the JDM tails? 3/10 or 4/10? I'm guessing you need the actual lights to make a true comparison...

calexand said:
I looked at the new NSX pictures at BlueBatmobile and the new thread and they look good! It leaves me with a key question:

Can anyone recommend a good professional tinter in the Bay Area to do this for multiple cars, so we can all benefit from the gained experience, rather than each be the first time a different tinter has done this particular job?

Chip

This sounds like a good idea. I will be up for it as well as long as it is within reasonable distance from Orange County. Thanks.

Back