• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone is a lawyer here?

deleted

Thank you for all the advices. I really appreciate them but I'd rather close this thread for now. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

Last edited:
Not really sure I understand, but I think I do.

You paid someone (in full?) for an NSX and now he doesn't want to sell, and now he won't give you your money back, and it has been four months?

If you paid him like 15K for the car, I am guessing that you may be out your money, since it was probably a scam. If it was legitimate, you need to get a lawyer NOW! Track him down before your money gets further away from you.

Good luck to you.

wowsers.. thats alot of trust. I would never pay anyone like that. What kind of lawyer are you looking for??

I would contact your local PD first, they can contact the city he lives in. Sounds like a fraud case.
Best to get him ID'd and let him know L/E is looking at him for it. He'll either run, if he isn't gone already, or pay you back.
Run the property and see who it comes back to and contact them. That would also be another good starting point. L/E should do that as well.
Could be 2 counts of fraud :)

My guess is you have been scammed and will see neither the money nor the car. Hong Kong wine business?? How much did you pay? If it is a ridiculously low sum then that should have raised a red flag. I hope I am wrong but I bet your money is long gone.

This case should involve the police department, in fact, the dollar value should involve FBI.

Call your local police department and Dallas police!!

Let's hope you get your money back.
Reading your post again, it sounds like you just financed his Wine trip to Hong Kong :-(
The more time that goes by, the harder it's going to be. Do it tomorrow.
Arrange an appointment with the local detectives, take everything you've got with you when you go see them.
I don't think it's going to be Federal, but it could be for fraud through interstate lines, etc.... However, getting the Fed's to look at it would be a long shot. Wasn't enough money involved. And even if they did pick up the case, it will end up on the bottom of an agents case load. 2 to 3 months later, they might look into it.
Go to local L/E first and see what they say.
Keep your fingers crossed.
Best of luck to you.
Let us know what happens after you meet with L/E.

The reason I paid it in full because I had my friend went to his house to check out the car he was selling and he showed every document, even his ID. He seemed like he has money and could be trusted.

I'll go to the Police Department as suggested. Thank you

I'm so new to this country :redface:

Call the Police. They will help you out. At lease you will have filed a complaint and possible criminal action against the seller.

I dont trust anyone. I rather pay an escrow service. Anything near $1000 I will use an escrow service. I dont have that kind of money to risk. I did a couple of transaction with success any no worries. Escrow.com worked out great for me.

It would throw a Huge red flag if they didnt want to use Escrow espically when I offered to pay for the fees.

Don't make any excuses for him or believe anything he has said. The story just doesn't add up and make sense.

Contact the Police, but don't just rely on them get anything done. It's still up to you to do everything possible to get your money back.

Go to the house and talk to the wife and neighbors. Just to make sure he hasn't left and pack everything up. Get as much information on him as you can. Ask his neighbors about house activity. Ask them if they know any of his friends or relatives. Get information about the car. Contact the Honda Finance to make sure they own the car and that payments has been made. Find out the business name of his "wine business". Go to the county clerks office and find out principle owner. Check on the land. Hire a private investigator, that's what your lawyer will probably do anyways. Your going to have to be creative.

Your going to have to do your homework and work to get your money back, if possible. You can't trust the police, fbi, or anyone else to do it for you. It's YOUR money, not theirs.

Good Luck.

He has a winery in San Francisco. I'm new to this board but I'm not sure if I can put his identity here. He claimed that he is in Hong Kong dealing his wine business.

Thank you for all replies and suggestions
I truely appreciate it.

If you still have the originating ad, post it and maybe other members can give you feedback.

For now, I wouldn't say much about this details and findings of this account unless you consult a lawyer first. Things you say now, might be negative in the long run.

Depending on which part of International you are from, I can help with simple Chinese/English translation, feel free to PM me.

Good luck.

Wow, what a hassle. Sorry to hear about the situation.

Best of Luck

Wait a minute, now I am really confused (not really confused), wondering.

I tried to type something but I actually am :confused: .

Did you buy another one because you were not able to buy the first one? Knowing you would get all your money back on the first one since the guy was so nice? Damn, you got mucho money laying around if that was the case.

I would think your bank may be able to help you out and contact Honda Finance since you paid the check to them (I believe that is what you said).

I feel for you in this situation, I hope it works out for you.

Ok. There's no reason to instigate any further, have a few questions, but the board has seen enough drama lately (Nick, the TC guy, my Unifilter...) :biggrin:

Good luck with the seller.

I don't have that macho money but I need to own it for a specific time, so I used my investment money to buy the second one. I thought I would get my money back way before now, so I could transfer it back to re-invest.

I know this seems so dramatic now....somehow I feel even more down for posting this thread.

Could the moderator please delete this thread?

Last edited:
:confused: opps, i missed the original thread, this was getting interesting.

im still confused.

did you buy the second car? why would the perious owner not give you the car?

any you just got a 02+ from your thread.

And now the mystery begins...:rolleyes:

LOL, whats with these red NSX owners?

Seems rather normal if you ask me.

1. OP posts he purchased vehicle and includes pictures.
2. OP then posts he got scammed
3. Members point out 1 and 2, which arguably doesn't not make a whole lot of sense with his explanation.
4. OP then requests to delete the thread.

Hmm...seems rather normal to question odd behavior and most certainly does not appear to be related to the color of the vehicle...but I'm sure you knew that already though. :biggrin:

Seems rather normal if you ask me.

1. OP posts he purchased vehicle and includes pictures.
2. OP then posts he got scammed
3. Members point out 1 and 2, which arguably doesn't not make a whole lot of sense with his explanation.
4. OP then requests to delete the thread.

Hmm...seems rather normal to question odd behavior and most certainly does not appear to be related to the color of the vehicle...but I'm sure you knew that already though. :biggrin:

Ahh... and all this time, I thought color of vehicle was the determining factor of logical sense. A recent example was with Steve and NSX Nick. And in #3 above, said member has the same color NSX as Steve as well. Mere coincidence?

For some reason, I think highly of Spa Yellow owners.... :tongue: :biggrin:

No thread hijacking please. WE NEED TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS! :biggrin: :smile: I know exactly whats going on. I smell a bucn of BULLCACA!!!:wink: :biggrin:

Back