• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this car, I'm thinking of making an offer. Thanks!

Anyone know this car? JH4NA1158MT001385. I'm thinking of making an offer. Thanks!

It's been on Carmax.com, E-bay, and AutoTrader. I'll try to add some links & pics. I would appreciate some help. Sorry if the links look long, I'm not sure exactly how to do this. Wish me luck.

The license is: 1SWTNSX
VIN#: JH4NA1158MT001385

This is at a car dealer and they said it was a two-owner vehicle, yet they have no maintenace records. I drove it and it ran great.

I had them put on rack and noticed lots of oil leaking. They said it appeared to be the valve cover gaskets and that they would repair. I then asked about timing belt and they couldn't answer. Again, they said they would repaire those as well.

I'm just curious if anyone on Prime as seen this car around and could give some history. It appears to have been a California car.

Thanks in advance.
Steve

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ors=&transmission=&max_price=40000&cardist=30

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...onal&paId=135752577&recnum=20&leadExists=true

Attachments

• NSX 91 Red Small.PNG
    NSX 91 Red Small.PNG
    75.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I would recommend you read in the WIKI on the NSX and get familiar with the car. The price is dealer rich, and with no records I would really reconsider. Oil leaks is not a major issue could be valve cover or gasket somewhere. I would bet this car needs Timing belt, Clutch, master cylinder and, expansion if it has been neglected that would run you parts and labor at the dealer $5k.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Main_Page

Thanks Friend,

I've been reading lots and lots for the past 8 months or so. I do want to make this purchase the right way.

Also, I told the dealer THEY would have to pay for all the repairs BEFORE I'd make an offer. I was thinking more like $32-$33 due to the "unknown".

I'm worried because they're missing mechanical records. I'm extra worried because the car's price started near $37 and already it's gone down to $34.9. Maybe they're tired of cleaning up all the oil. :smile:

In any case, if anyone else looks at the car, make sure they show it to you on the lift and you'll see lots of oil.

Thanks,
Steve

Id be weary of this small dealership making ANY repairs on the car. I would strongly suggest they take it to a capable NSX mechanic.

2ND OSUGRAD!
Please try to have it taken to a qualified NSX Tech only (twist their arm it'll save time).

Have fun

Oil leaks is not a major issue could be valve cover or gasket somewhere.

I recall a story that ended very bad recently and it started with oil leaks.
What about they replace the gasket they 'think' is leaking and have a look at the car again AND if they stopped the leaks? :wink: If it's a 'minor' leak it doesn't cost a fortune anyway. If not stay away or get a reduction in price,

My thoughts exactly. I told them to fix the gaskets, then put some miles on the car, then I'd inspect again.

I also agree with others who said, "don't let the small dealer fix the car". My thoughts exactly...I would want it going to an NSX mechanic.

I was hoping since the car was a California car, that someone here would recognize it and be able to provide some more history. For example, it would be great if someone said it belonged to a little old lady in Pasadena who only drove it to the market on weekends. :smile:

Thanks All

Back