• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone out there Top Gear fans?

For all you "gear heads" or as they say in jolly old England 'petrol heads" are you watching Top Gear on BBS America and if so what do you think of the show? If not check out the show and post what you think? Also, here is their web site:

http://www.topgear.com/uk/

Did watch a repeat show that had 'em racing an NSX. Check it out on the telly......

BBC America is two seasons behind. Lots of us download the current shows just after they air overseas.

Funny cause I'm watching it right now on the left side of my screen (season 12 episode 5) while I am reading this thread and replying on the right hand side of my screen.

Simply the best automotive show ever.

BBC America is two seasons behind. Lots of us download the current shows just after they air overseas.

Huh!! Just watched the new season show on Monday about racing the new 4 door Porsche from the Southern most tip of England to the Northern most tip of Scotland against the "Royal Mail". The challenge was was the mail quicker than a Porsche!!

I am with you. I didn't realize it was two seasons behind either. Who knew, right?

The last episode of season 14 aired the first week of January. You can download the episodes via torrent websites.

Our course! James, Clarkson and Richard are my favorite presenters in all of TV world!

Personal favorites: African Episode, Vietnam, Supercars for under 10k, Caravan episode and of course Best handling car in the entire world (the NSX actually did pretty well)

I love Clarkson's take on the world....if anyone can save combustion engines against the green movement, this man can.

I've got it set to record on the sat DVR so I never miss a show. Even the wife likes watching it.

The greatest automotive show ever conceived ....period.

I'm going back but do any of you remember the episode where they catapulted old crapper cars out off a cliff to a bullseye drawn on the ground - that one just killed me.

The only one that mad me a little mad was when they took the older 911 and just wrecked it to pieces slowly and painfully - actually pissed me off. But it showed how solid they were. That's when I was just a dyed in the wool Porsche nut. I've kind of jumped ship here of late.

Great stuff on that show. Thanks for the tips on down loading the recent shows. Life hasn't been the same since Speed dumped em. Geez - Speed is getting tiresome.

Latest two series had moments, but have not been nearly as good as the previous ones. That said, Top Gear remains one of my favorite shows. It quite simply is the best car show...in the world.

Too many favorite segments to select from, but those off the top of my head include Clarkson driving the smallest car in the world, the search for the best driving road in the world, Sabine racing a van around the Nurburgring, caravan racing, their attempt to turn a car into a space shuttle, their attempt to build amphibious cars, blowing cars over with a jet, their attempt to destroy a Toyota Hilux, car football. Their Polar, Winter Olympics, Africa, Vietnam, and U.S. Specials are classics...and the Gran Turismo / NSX segment filmed at Laguna Seca seemed directed specifically at me.

And that doesn't even factor in how fun some of their car reviews can be, Clarkson's "Some say..." introductions for the Stig, or simply watching the Stig show us which cars are fastest around their Test Track (which will be a selectable circuit in Gran Turismo 5).

"and on that bombshell..."

Last edited:
i just found this show,and love it.there's an nsx episode on their website where one of the guys does laguna seca in an nsx,first in a videogame,then for real.
it's on bbc america here.

Clarkson driving the Peel P-50 was hilarious. Is it wrong that watching that actually kind of made me want one?

Also, the episode where they tried to destroy the Toyota Hi-lux (Tacoma) was epic. Wrecked, smashed, burned, covered with salt water for 8hrs (!!!), and set on top of a building during implosion - AND IT STILL STARTS AND RUNS! Makes me love my Tacoma (even if it is only 2 wheel drive).

Bollocks:

Top Gear Returning To BBC America Later This Month

Posted January 7th, 2010 at 16:20 by Viper007Bond in Top Gear
If you’re one of the people who prefer watching Top Gear on the TV but can’t figure out how to get your computer hooked up to your TV, you’ll be happy to know that Top Gear season 13 will be premiering on BBC America on Monday, January 25 at 8 PM PST/EST. 24 hours after airing, the episode will be available for purchase on iTunes for just $2.

Even better, once season 13 is done airing, season 14 (the one that just finished airing last Sunday) will start airing immediately — no time off. That will be on March 15th, three months behind the UK airings (which isn’t that bad).

I've been hooked on top gear for years now. I don't miss an episode, ever. There is no other show I watch on a regular basis. I have to agree some of the recent seasons haven't been as good as some of the older ones. For anyone who wants to watch some of the older episodes, they have quite a few of them on streetfire.net. Just search top gear seasons.

Back