• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone out there Top Gear fans?

This show is great. I have gotten my wife to watch it with me now. I tape that as well as "Supercars Exposed: with Tanner Foust" I recommend both shows as they are pretty good. Supercars Exposed is more of a pure car show without the witty humor.

I have to say I really enjoyed the Mini Cooper with rockets strapped to it that was propelled off of the ski jump. Quite a daunting task and executed flawlessly.

yep. i've got every season in my files.

my favorite episode by far was the Vietnam special...

boooorrrrnnnnnn iinnn thhee uusssssaaa...hilarious.

It's too bad they cancelled the airing of US Top Gear pilot episode. I was all over the camera:biggrin:

My favorite tv show ever! Love Clarkson, Hamster, and Captain Slow (who actually maxed out the Bugatti Veyron!!!) You guys see Michael Schumacher as the Stig? That was his Ferrari FXX!

Don't think they like the U.S. very much though...the Stig's American cousin:biggrin:, road trip from Florida to New Orleans:wink:, Best road in the world (they said not in Iraq cuz the Americans will bomb you):smile:...I could watch/talk about Top Gear all day. Too funny!!!

My favorite tv show ever! Love Clarkson, Hamster, and Captain Slow (who actually maxed out the Bugatti Veyron!!!) You guys see Michael Schumacher as the Stig? That was his Ferrari FXX!

Don't think they like the U.S. very much though...the Stig's American cousin:biggrin:, road trip from Florida to New Orleans:wink:, Best road in the world (they said not in Iraq cuz the Americans will bomb you):smile:...I could watch/talk about Top Gear all day. Too funny!!!

Michael might not be the stig as they showed how he drove very poorly on some other car at the end of that episode.

From what I can tell only Clarkson is somewhat anti-American.. but that seems to be the "in" thing these days.

The chemistry between the hosts is what make this show so special. Capt'n slow is my favorite.

Who my favorite is too close to call, I do like Captain Slow by the smallest of margins. I've been watching repeats via Streetfire.net.....and let me say loving every minute. I get such a kick out of watching these guys and, as a true brit myself, just love the humor. Can't wait for tonight's episode.........

Who my favorite is too close to call, I do like Captain Slow by the smallest of margins. I've been watching repeats via Streetfire.net.....and let me say loving every minute. I get such a kick out of watching these guys and, as a true brit myself, just love the humor. Can't wait for tonight's episode.........

Tonight's episode? Are you talking about on BBC America? Or a new episode like season 15?

Give me 5th Gear anyday.

Tiff Needell is my personal hero for his charisma, cheeky comments (yes I said cheeky), and love of oversteer. He is also a professional racing driver who had a brief stint in Formula 1 and commonly races in British touring cars.

Jason Plato (also racing driver) is a perfect addition to Tiff as is the attractive Blond.

Youtube: Tiff Needell and Jason Plato -for some awesome car comparisons, battles, and hilariousness between two friends and professional drivers.

Billy

It is a great show, but I do get a little aggravated with Clarkson's regular verbal bashing of the quality of American cars. While sometimes not very good, particularly in the past, compared to British cars, American cars were spacecraft.

compared to British cars, American cars were spacecraft.

LOL - I'd agree with you on that, not all but some, old jags were crap, so were range rovers, Lotus and MG's, while I loved my father's, not the marquee of quality. That said, they have produced some timeless classics regardless of quality. Same could be said about the Italians...and he raves about their cars.

I've been watching old episodes on Comcast On Demand. They are a real treat to watch.
You could never have anything like that here in the States though.:frown:

Hi

Top Gear is entertainment. Fifth Gear is more car test than just entertainment.

Fifth Gear will return in end of april. I have missed it.

Back in end of april

They will return to more basic tests. And I am happy to hear that.

Regards

Glad to see you guys enjoying TG.. as said it is more of an 'entertainment' show and wins awards in that category.

My old race team was based at the Top Gear circuit and i've managed to see them race around on track. It's an active airfield and also where they used to handover/tuition for the Mercedes McLaren SLR.

I got tickets to see the show live once and used to drive past the car park where they would dump all of their old cars...

Dsc00283.jpg

Dsc00278.jpg

Dsc00281.jpg

I just started watching the show. I Love it. I actually had a dream that I was asked to start a US version of the show. I would quit flying in a heartbeat to do the show...

I wish they would rate a SOS SC'ed NSX... their last review I think they said "its time to put the NSX away"... kinda hurt my feelings LOL

Jman

On a side note of Top Gear I was searching reviews on corvettes and came across the NSX. It wasn't in the title any may get missed by a few; I know I didn't see it yet. It starts around 3:05. I don't really believe the results. I'm also not sure why their 02+ doesn't have headlight washers.

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BnmOIFTJL5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BnmOIFTJL5U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

I just started watching the show. I Love it. I actually had a dream that I was asked to start a US version of the show. I would quit flying in a heartbeat to do the show...

I wish they would rate a SOS SC'ed NSX... their last review I think they said "its time to put the NSX away"... kinda hurt my feelings LOL

Jman

Hi

Okey so Adam Carolla is in your dreams then? :biggrin:

When the rumor was going about a US version of TG he was one of the hosts that filmed a pilot.

Yes it would have been nice with a SOS SC'ed NSX. The hamster (Hammond)said "Step away from the NSX".

It doesn't bother me that much. They say a lot of things. JC said the pop up headlights was dated and then in a later episode said that pop up headlights was so classic. I think he talked about the Toyota MR2.

So it is entertainment. Fifth Gear gave the NSX a good "wave off" though.

Regards

My old race team..

Hi

If I had a dollar for every time I have said the exact same thing..my old raceteam compared to the new one I have..yeah fat chance :smile:

Regards

I think the question should be, "was there any episode that I didn't like?" Great show.. love all of em.

The Space Shuttle recreation episode just blew me away. But would agree that one of the top ten would be the Vietnam episode. Has anyone seen the Amazon /Bolivia episode? Those guys are nuts, driving at 16,000 feet isn't just hard, it life threatening! I actually watched it twice last night.

The production quality and resources they put into each show is amazing.

Ok, so I can see why they cancelled the US show....Adam Carolla! Give me a break...
I think Tanner Foust, Leno and ??? would have made a good US combo.

Ok,, who would you have do the US show? ( not that you could ever come close to the BBC version)

I disagree about not being able to top the BBC version. I think anyone who is very well versed in cars and comedy would be great at the show. Its basically a comedy show for auto enthusiasts.

I think Leno is funny, but not THAT funny. I think he would be good as a frequent guest on the show. If you want to match or beat the BBC you need someone like Dennis Leary, George Carlin, and lets throw in a Dane Cook kinda guy... OR ME, IM WILLING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jman

I think the question should be, "was there any episode that I didn't like?" Great show.. love all of em.

The Space Shuttle recreation episode just blew me away. But would agree that one of the top ten would be the Vietnam episode. Has anyone seen the Amazon /Bolivia episode? Those guys are nuts, driving at 16,000 feet isn't just hard, it life threatening! I actually watched it twice last night.

The production quality and resources they put into each show is amazing.

Ok, so I can see why they cancelled the US show....Adam Carolla! Give me a break...
I think Tanner Foust, Leno and ??? would have made a good US combo.

Ok,, who would you have do the US show? ( not that you could ever come close to the BBC version)

Back