• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone regret going to 02 conversion??

Not sure if this has ever been covered but i was just wondering..? i know theres not many people that did 02 conversion.

I mean everyone fell in love with the 91-01 look ... its timeless look to me.

Not sure if this has ever been covered but i was just wondering..? i know theres not many people that did 02 conversion.

I think you've already answered this question? If someone did eventually regret it, I highly doubt anyone would admit to it? :smile:

For me at least, the cost of a OEM '02 conversion + quality paint is relative to the price difference between my car and what I would be paying for a '02+ model.

I'm pretty sure that anyone that would go through the money and effort to do the conversion isn't on the fence about which style they prefer. I certainly am not.

I think the 02+ front end was an overall improvement in the look of the NSX hence my decision to convert it. I don't dislike the 91-01 style nor do I yearn for it.

I'm just posting here to chime in saying I have NEVER regretted my 02 front end.

It's soooo beautiful =] I used to love the pop ups, coupe, black roof.... but lately I've been yearning for 02 front end, white top, and a targa.... I guess I can do everything except the targa on my 92 =[

Dooo ittt =]

No regrets for me. But I'll make it clear that I would not gone through the conversion if there are post 02+ NSX available here. So I can skip the planning and cost associated with the conversion. I do love the look better compare to the flip headlight.
But in saying so, when I saw one of the local NSX (Supercar's- nsxprime name) with the flip headlight done with nice bodykit and wheels. Just made me realized that the car looks stunning either way.

As odd as this may sound I wouldn't do the +02 conversion on a Silver w/Blk Roof, White w/Blk roof, or Red w/Blk roof because those older NSX's look the bomb with the flip up lights. I think its the way the roof color seperates the body and makes it sleek looking.

Singular colors like Black and Blue look better with the +02 conversion. Recently, I've found myself really likiing the Silver w/Black roof in original body style.

Someone photo shop my Imola with a Black roof and you'll see what I mean. The black roof and newer HID exposed headlights looks weird.

As odd as this may sound I wouldn't do the +02 conversion on a Silver w/Blk Roof, White w/Blk roof, or Red w/Blk roof because those older NSX's look the bomb with the flip up lights. I think its the way the roof color seperates the body and makes it sleek looking.

Singular colors like Black and Blue look better with the +02 conversion. Recently, I've found myself really likiing the Silver w/Black roof in original body style.

Someone photo shop my Imola with a Black roof and you'll see what I mean. The black roof and newer HID exposed headlights looks weird.

I totally agree

So I guess the NSX-R is not on your faves list?
honda-nsx-r-front-1_70.jpg

BTW every winter when my car is stored I get bored and contemplate an '02 conersion but as soon as I look at my car, especially with Blodi's tinted signal covers I slap myself for ever thinking of it. A dark car with the signals hidden look very sleek, and I absolutely love the needle-nose profile of the pre-'02's. I guess I'm just showing my olde-skool age ;)
n690446223_1692537_3194.jpg

n690446223_1692538_3520.jpg

Last edited:
I looked for a revolution version 2 front end for about 1.5 years, gave up, and did the 2002 conversion. About 6 months ago, a revolution version 2 bumper came up for sale... I think it's the best looking front end for the nsx, but I also like the 2002+ look, both are nice, but the revolution is unique.

I posted the bumper here on nsxprime when it came up on YJ auctions, other members don't seem to share my affinity for the front bumper.

If I still had the original front end, with flip ups, this would be a no-brainer:

revo2.jpg

I have never regretted doing my 02 conversion. It brought the look up to date and I would do it again in a heart beat. I made my up my mind to do it as Acura was fumbling around with their ever-changing plans for the new NSX.

Last edited:
Who's dumb enough to admit/regret a $6-$10K mistake? Even if you don't like the bubble headlights, the classic flip-ups simply screams 90's greatest hits. I'm a fan of both actually because, to me, both have soul.

Last edited:
I perfer this any day over the 02 version. Not that i could afford either, but the over all look and shape of the NSX is sleek and has overall straight lines with a few curves here and there. 2 "bubbly" head lights make it look mis-designed, like every other car on the road. Plus they are'nt recessed at all but they stuck up like a bubble. crap, IMO. But then again to each his own.

revo2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I perfer this any day over the 02 version. Not that i could afford either, but the over all look and shape of the NSX is sleek and has overall straight lines with a few curves here and there. 2 "bubbly" head lights make it look mis-designed, like every other car on the road. Plus they are'nt recessed at all but they stuck up like a bubble. crap, IMO. But then again to each his own.

revo2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

haha your just old school. if i didn't have a green nsx i would definitely consider doing a 02 + conversion.

Who's dumb enough to admit/regreat a $6-$10K mistake? Even if you don't like the bubble headlights, the classic flip-ups simply screams 90's greatest hits. I'm a fan of both actually because, to me, both have soul.

I agree with that, both are special.

Those on the fence should if possible, find a pop up and an 02 plus OEM ( No Tamoske conversions ) units and feel the difference in weight.

More so on the R headlamps as they are non HID.

Who's dumb enough to admit/regreat a $6-$10K mistake? Even if you don't like the bubble headlights, the classic flip-ups simply screams 90's greatest hits. I'm a fan of both actually because, to me, both have soul.

...? people always regret buying brand new car or etc and feeling retarded for what they paid

...? people always regret buying brand new car or etc and feeling retarded for what they paid

You're right...an impulse buy or sudden life change can trigger such feelings. I've gone through each mod (ie exhaust, wheels, tires, seats, etc) at least twice before I'd figured out what works (but always try to turn regrets into lessons instead...called "Life").

My only regret is not getting the '02 conversion sooner.

I agree with that, both are special.

Those on the fence should if possible, find a pop up and an 02 plus OEM ( No Tamoske conversions ) units and feel the difference in weight.

More so on the R headlamps as they are non HID.

I agree; I was shocked how heavy the pop-ups are. Switching to the 02+ lamps has to save 30+ lbs. An unexpected bonus when I did mine, I must say.

And while few may admit a $6-10K mistake I don't think this mod is going to result in a "let down." What you see is what you get and you either like the style more than the other style or not.

Unlike performance mods which aren't the same for every car and might work better on some cars but not others this one is pretty much a known quantity.

DSC09849.jpg

I wouldn't do myself, 91-01 OEM needs a maybe a lip and a grille and fogs ... but come on, still the 91-01 are style is timeless, ... someday pop-ups will come back :D ...
Oscar

DSC09849.jpg

I wouldn't do myself, 91-01 OEM needs a maybe a lip and a grille and fogs ... but come on, still the 91-01 are style is timeless, ... someday pop-ups will come back :D ...
Oscar

I wouldn't exactly say timeless--the opposite in fact. Very dated to the 80s and 90s I'm afraid. That being said they do look good on the NSX in general. I think that the the NSX in general is timeless but that particular feature I feel does date the car.

Obviously Honda's marketing and research departments agreed since they nixed the pop-ups in order to presumably "update" the car.

And I don't think pop-ups will be making any kind of full-fledged comeback. They are always going to be heavier than alternatives, more moving parts that can go break, etc. They were clearly overused in the last 25 years. Every car had them--300ZX, RX-7, MKIII Supra, Ferrari 355, Vette, 911--the list goes on and on. Few cars had them before 1980 and even less (if any) have them now.

Pop-ups were nothing more than a fad. They may make an appearance in a retro sense but pop-ups are like lava lamps and mood rings. They're seen from time to time but they aren't going to be considered part of modern decor or fashion again.

I wouldn't exactly say timeless--the opposite in fact. Very dated to the 80s and 90s I'm afraid. That being said they do look good on the NSX in general. I think that the the NSX in general is timeless but that particular feature I feel does date the car.

Obviously Honda's marketing and research departments agreed since they nixed the pop-ups in order to presumably "update" the car.

And I don't think pop-ups will be making any kind of full-fledged comeback. They are always going to be heavier than alternatives, more moving parts that can go break, etc. They were clearly overused in the last 25 years. Every car had them--300ZX, RX-7, MKIII Supra, Ferrari 355, Vette, 911--the list goes on and on. Few cars had them before 1980 and even less (if any) have them now.

Pop-ups were nothing more than a fad. They may make an appearance in a retro sense but pop-ups are like lava lamps and mood rings. They're seen from time to time but they aren't going to be considered part of modern decor or fashion again.

mmm i dont think u picked up his "sarcasm" i dont think he was trying to state the pop-ups will come back.

funny thing is... my nsx doesnt look dated it looks a lot more updated with all the upgrades i got and people actually question me if thats the new acura "prototype/sports car" coming out.. quite funny. Yeah i do admit that when i drive at night with the pop ups i feel old but when its day out ... man does the car shine!

but 02 or 91 ... both look awesome

mmm i dont think u picked up his "sarcasm" i dont think he was trying to state the pop-ups will come back.

funny thing is... my nsx doesnt look dated it looks a lot more updated with all the upgrades i got and people actually question me if thats the new acura "prototype/sports car" coming out.. quite funny. Yeah i do admit that when i drive at night with the pop ups i feel old but when its day out ... man does the car shine!

but 02 or 91 ... both look awesome

Haha, I guess that is all relative to the person.. no matter how many updates an NSX has... the pop ups still look dated to me =] They look great, don't get me wrong!

Back