• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone scca on sunday??

I may go just to watch 50 a little steep for me right now.

Houston Police Academy
17000 Aldine Westfield Rd
Houston, TX 77073-5102
(281) 230-2300

Solo is the SCCA brand name for autocross competition. Solo events are driving skill contests that emphasize the driver's ability and the car's handling characteristics. This is accomplished by driving a course that is designated by traffic cones on a low hazard location, such as a parking lot or inactive airstrip. While speeds are no greater than those normally encountered in legal highway driving, the combination of concentration and car feedback creates an adrenaline pumping experience. It is like being in a movie chase scene, only you are holding onto the steering wheel instead of a box of popcorn! Click here to see a video.

NEW to the sport?
Be there by 7:30 a.m. or earlier.

Registration 7:30-8:30am
Course Walk 7:30-8:45am
Tech 7:45-8:45am
Rookie Walk thru 8:30am
Drivers Mtg. 9:00am
First Car out 9:30am

Event fees are as follows:

SCCA Members online $30.00
SCCA Members on Site $35.00
Non-SCCA Members online $45.00
Non-SCCA Members on Site $50.00
Click here to become an SCCA member.

Sorry for the lack of interest.
Auto-x just isn't my thing. The idea of standing around in the heat picking up cones in exchange for 3 - 60 second runs isn't that appealing. The NSX doesn't really shine in it. However, shrddr from Austin does really well in it apparently.
There aren't that many guys who track their NSX's and I would assume even less that auto-x.

I started my racing career autocrossing my miata in the early 90s. After 3 regional championships, I discovered track days and, then road racing. As others have mentioned, there is a lot of waiting around, but it is a specialized sport where you have to be able to commit a track to memory before you even turn a wheel on it and then you get three shots at a perfect run. It's intense in it's own way. I fear the NSX is not the best dance partner for it, a Miata is much better suited to it (or an S2000, etc).

I learned a lot autocrossing. If you've never done it, you owe it to yourself to try it. Track days can be intimidating for beginners whereas autocrossing allows you to be instantly comfortable.

Ara

Aww man what is the nsx good for then. I thought that's why honda had aryton senna do all testing for them

LOL. NSX is a fabulous car. It can teach you things you can't learn in other cars. A Miata will teach you aggression, an NSX will teach you to be smooth. If you drive an NSX at the limit at the track enough, you will develop a very strong ability to give small inputs to keep the car on an even keel.

It's also an awesome street car... :smile:

Ara

LOL. NSX is a fabulous car. It can teach you things you can't learn in other cars. A Miata will teach you aggression, an NSX will teach you to be smooth. If you drive an NSX at the limit at the track enough, you will develop a very strong ability to give small inputs to keep the car on an even keel.

It's also an awesome street car... :smile:

Ara

So if u put the nsx and the miata on the same track and sAme driver. Which car would win??

Auto-x just isn't my thing. The idea of standing around in the heat picking up cones in exchange for 3 - 60 second runs isn't that appealing. The NSX doesn't really shine in it. However, shrddr from Austin does really well in it apparently.
There aren't that many guys who track their NSX's and I would assume even less that auto-x.

Autocross certainly isn't for everyone. I strongly encourage anyone reading this who has never autocrossed to try it sooner rather than later because it'd be a shame to find out that you love the sport but waited years to find out. BTW, the number of runs varies by region and club as does you work assignment. It could be 3 runs with club A, 4 with club B, and even 12 with the same club B under other circumstances. As for working, some clubs even host events that are drive only with no cone shagging. :p :p :p

I know I was just trying to get us together to hangout

So if u put the nsx and the miata on the same track and sAme driver. Which car would win??

Depends on the track. :wink:

No...the nsx is faster at almost any track I can think of thats bigger than an autocross. Unless it rains. Then the Miata will drive circles around the NSX.

My fastest laps in a stockish NSX on track tires are almost identical to my well-prepped Spec Miata. This in spite of almost 35MPH difference at the end of the main straight...

Depends on the track. :wink:

No...the nsx is faster at almost any track I can think of thats bigger than an autocross. Unless it rains. Then the Miata will drive circles around the NSX.

My fastest laps in a stockish NSX on track tires are almost identical to my well-prepped Spec Miata. This in spite of almost 35MPH difference at the end of the main straight...

Intresting thanks for the input. My daily driver is a nb it's does feel more ageil then my nsx.

i appreciate the mention :)

the common perception is that the NSX is not a good autocross car... but i beg to differ. the car is simply a bit of a challenge to set up right for autocross. it is not going to perform well right out of the box on street tires (which is what most people experience when they autocross the nsx for the first time). with some good shocks and a beefy front sway bar (both mods legal for the stock class in autocross), the car absolutely comes alive! remember the nsx is ONLY 2 inches wider than an s2000, and the wheelbase is only 5 inches longer... so the car is perfectly capable of competing :)

which front sway bar company do you speak of when you say beefy? I think i may need it.

i use the dali racing 1" front bar. it is the biggest one i can fit without having to modify the spare tire tray (not allowed in stock class).

Back