• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anything to be overly concerned about??

i opened it up a little this morning. car was warm as i have been driving for a good 15minutes.

my tach is screwed up, so i hit the limiter in second for a very brief second. shifted up to third and ended the short run at about 100.

after i began slowing i noticed the 'check engine' light illuminated. this had happened in the past, but after restarting the car, it went away.

i turned the car off and on again, let it idle for a few seconds and the light did not come back on.

anything to worry about here? i really don't trust my local acura dealer that much. there's only one guy and he's only worked on one other nsx other than mine. EVER. in addition, he takes the car on 'joy' rides. not very fond of that.

Sounds like the same sympton I am having on
my BMW--It goes into the shop tomorrow to
have a new catalytic converter put on.Good
news is that this is covered by warranty!

IT WAS RATHER INTERMITENT.

What year is your NSX?

If it is ODBII any Autozone will hook up their diagnostic tool for free and read/look up the codes for you.

If you don't have autozone or have a pre 95 (ODBI) you can <a href="http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/retrieving_trouble_codes_via_service_check_connector.htm">click here to learn how to do it yourself as reported in the FAQ section of this site</a>

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

A few months ago the check engine light dis-played on our Sidekick and the dealer fixed it by simply tightening up the gas cap. Apparently a loose cap triggers emissions related sensors. More recently on my NSX, the same fix worked when the check light came on for the first time since I have owned the car. My suggestion is to check the gas cap for tightness before anything else is done when you have this problem.

Hitting the rev limiter would not cause the MIL to light.

I would just keep an eye on it, but if it happens repeatedly, then take it to a dealer that does a lot of NSX service (perhaps Greenwich Acura), even though it's further from you than your local dealer.

thanks for the feedback everyone!
i'll do everything that was suggested.

chris, i'll check the code and post findings.
btw, chris, i finally installed the roadsters and nav pod, looks fantastic. i'll post some pics later.

james

Back