• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

Re: new sub boxes

Yes in the photo , the seat is not back all the way , if you check out post # 61 yo will see the box installed under the carpet and it follows the factory contour , however I will measure and post it . The dimensions are the same as the V3 within 1" or less , The box in the pic is also over top of the carpet adding a bit .

*** I will also be offering a REDUCED depth enclosure - for those who wish to gain legroom , it will measure something like .3 cu. ft. , good for SWS 10 and it will GAIN 2-3" or so ***

Last edited:

Enclosures that are ready to ship out:

1) - 12" SWS - $530 shipped

1) - 10" SWS countersunk face $489 shipped

1) - 10" pioneer premier flat face (sub was a demo in shop) $450 shipped

I have just finished installing my sub box and it was pretty easy. I must say I did not notice a loss in leg room. This box is very well made and tuff. A good friend of mine also purchased a box from Angus after hearing the sub. He had a different box and sub in his car custom built from a local stereo shop and Angus' box is hands down a winner.
I believe this is the ultimate solution for bass in an nsx without losing the space.
I would encourage any one in the Vancouver area to have a listen to one of his sub boxes and see for yourself.
Thanks again :smile:

Here is a few shots of the latest install I have done , this is the pioneer premier 10" , I will have some pics of my latest "shallow" box soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 525
  • IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 648

I have one 10" box with a countersunk front and an earthquake SWS installed , this will go for the special price of $425 shipped.

I have one more SWS 10" box , this will be $400 shipped .

This sub has been sold to NSV_V - thanks Rico!

The newest member to get a box will be cougarcat!

Thanks for our payment Gerry and I can't wait to hear your feedback!

I have my first reduced depth sub box ready for pictures , this will give about an extra 3 inches in legroom , oviously at the expense of some less of bass output - but a lot of my customers already say that my current enclosure has more bass than they need and legroom is always at a premium in the NSX.

I will post pics very soon!

I also have a 12" earthquake box ready to ship.

12" earthquake will be going in cozmo's car! I will have a 10" pioneer box ready by the end of the week!

:biggrin: Looking forward to it.

Just got home with the new sub a bit ago. I still need to get a grille put on it and stuff it under the carpet but holy sh*t that thing is badass. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Real bass, FINALLY! :cool:

What you mean the 8" wasn't good enough?

The 8" was decent for augmenting the door speakers, which is probably enough for most people. I am not most people. :wink:

I got a grille attached to it this morning by getting some 1/4" nylon spacers and one of the cheapo metal grilles from the stereo shop. I pulled the screws out of the sub and added the spacer between the speaker and grille and screwed them back in so the grille is pinched between the screw head and the spacer.
This was necessary because the foam surround on that 12" SWS is pretty big and the standard grille mounting method was too close to touching it.

The nice part about the way I mounted the grille is that I didn't have to make any new holes in the box to do it. It seems pretty secure too.

The not so nice part about doing it that way is that I had to take the rubber ring off the outside of the grille and it is nasty sharp metal under there. I have the cuts to prove it. :rolleyes: It won't matter after I get it stuffed under the carpet though.

The 8" was decent for augmenting the door speakers, which is probably enough for most people. I am not most people. :wink:

I got a grille attached to it this morning by getting some 1/4" nylon spacers and one of the cheapo metal grilles from the stereo shop. I pulled the screws out of the sub and added the spacer between the speaker and grille and screwed them back in so the grille is pinched between the screw head and the spacer.
This was necessary because the foam surround on that 12" SWS is pretty big and the standard grille mounting method was too close to touching it.

The nice part about the way I mounted the grille is that I didn't have to make any new holes in the box to do it. It seems pretty secure too.

The not so nice part about doing it that way is that I had to take the rubber ring off the outside of the grille and it is nasty sharp metal under there. I have the cuts to prove it. :rolleyes: It won't matter after I get it stuffed under the carpet though.

Got pictures? I'd like to see how you have your grill installed.

Here ya go. It basically looks like that on every screw all the way around. I'm going to try to put the rubber ring back on at some point.

attachment.php

Attachments

• grille spacer.jpg
    grille spacer.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,138

I don't know cozmo , it looks like the woofer could hit the grill , those things have a huge X-max..

Here is a few shots of the latest install I have done , this is the pioneer premier 10" , I will have some pics of my latest "shallow" box soon.

I need something like this. I find the OEM stereo has too much midrange. If I add a sub and replace the door speakers it should sound much better?

I don't know cozmo , it looks like the woofer could hit the grill , those things have a huge X-max..

I don't think it will but I'll test it when I pull the box out next time. I did get some 1/2" spacers and longer screws too just in case.

I need something like this. I find the OEM stereo has too much midrange. If I add a sub and replace the door speakers it should sound much better?

A lot of people find that adding a sub to the stock system is all they need .

If you would like one , I have them ready to go and can deliver it locally .

I don't think it will but I'll test it when I pull the box out next time. I did get some 1/2" spacers and longer screws too just in case.

Did you get the sub under the carpet yet?

Did you get the sub under the carpet yet?

Sorta. I shoved it in there and in the process my stereo developed a hum. Last time that happened it was the radar detector power, which is one of the wires I had to move out of the way to fit the box in there so it is probably that again. So yes it is under the carpet but I never finished tucking the carpet back in nicely once I realized my stereo was unhappy. Hopefully I'll get it done right in the next few days. Then I can post a pic of what will look like nothing. :wink:

Currently have 12" earthquake and 10" pioneer boxes ready to go!

Still have these in stock , Pm me for options!

Back