• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

What was Wil's solution to the smoking issue? Seems like there have been a few issues with the oil pump. Curious, because I am going to install the kit soon and I am wondering if I should buy a SOS oil sump tank. Also, whats the consensus on using a oil catch can? Just want to make sure I get it right the first time. THX

The solution was sending a new pump that had not been hacked up by someone - there has really not been many cases of trouble with pumps, the only issues have been due to foreign objects stuck inside (how does that happen) or improper install and testing - these are one of the best pumps on the market and used on countless race cars.

What is interesting is that the pump worked just fine when it was installed and drove for 100 miles without issue.

In order to help avoid trouble I now flow test every pump that ships out, to verify flow and operation.

I am always here to help - just a phone call away.

Last edited:
I am now offering the option to get the kit with any turbo you may like, I have adapted the kit to accept multiple manufacturers turbine housings.

I am now offering the option to get the kit with any turbo you may like, I have adapted the kit to accept multiple manufacturers turbine housings.

Have you considered trying the Comp Turbo Oil-less Triplex Cremated line?

I recently acquired a 6062 Triplex Cermatex direct from Comp that I'll be fitting on my NA1 in the next few weeks...kind of excited to not have to worry about oil feeds and returns for once in a build.

I recently acquired a 6062 Triplex Cermatex direct from Comp that I'll be fitting on my NA1 in the next few weeks...kind of excited to not have to worry about oil feeds and returns for once in a build.

I will be interesting to see how these do.

That Would be pretty intresting to see how well they do vs the ones with oil feed.

Got my '99 back from the dyno last night. I will post a write up in the "build" section later with more pics. Wil's kit is top notch! A+ customer service! I went with a upgraded kit with a custom dual canister exhaust. The car sounds better than my previous setup with a Pride V1 and TP's. I was worried about the boost to push to get to 400HP here in Denver (5280). 407HP @ 7.5PSI. Very happy! Car starts and idles like stock (AEM FIC).

Kit Specs:
PTE 6266 JB Turbo
4" Intake
Custom Dual Canister exhaust
AN oil return
3AN 90 bend Oil feed (no smoke)
Tial BOV
RC 550 Injectors
AEM FPR
Walbro 255
AEM FIC
AEM UEGO
AEM Tru Boost

dyno.jpg

exhaust.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

With the different options available. What setup would you recommend for the Stock internals?
What has the best balance of power, reliability, and spool time?
What would it cost to build that set up? (You can PM me if you want)
Any tuners you would recommend in the Northeast?

Drifter,
I installed the stock kit 2 years and 10k miles ago. Besides a bad FIC map sensor which AEM replaced even though the 1 year warranty expired, the kit has been great. Lots of power, smooth acceleration and not a single problem.
I bought the stock kit with zero changes or options. The only other thing I had installed was a SOS clutch since my stock unit held up about 3 months before it started slipping.
This kit was also installed by me in my garage in 3 weeks and I have no mechanical knowledge other than oil and filter changes. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. 6-8psi will net you between 350 and 415hp. Wil was always there even late at night to answer my questions.

With the different options available. What setup would you recommend for the Stock internals?
What has the best balance of power, reliability, and spool time?
What would it cost to build that set up? (You can PM me if you want)
Any tuners you would recommend in the Northeast?

Drifter,
I installed the stock kit 2 years and 10k miles ago. Besides a bad FIC map sensor which AEM replaced even though the 1 year warranty expired, the kit has been great. Lots of power, smooth acceleration and not a single problem.
I bought the stock kit with zero changes or options. The only other thing I had installed was a SOS clutch since my stock unit held up about 3 months before it started slipping.
This kit was also installed by me in my garage in 3 weeks and I have no mechanical knowledge other than oil and filter changes. Go for it, you won't be disappointed. 6-8psi will net you between 350 and 415hp. Wil was always there even late at night to answer my questions.

I agree. I have never done a turbo install and it took me about 15 hours over a 5 day period to install. It is pretty straight forward. PICS here on PRIME helped out a lot. The hardest part for me was fitting the AN lines (fingers bleeding)! lol. Wil walked me through tapping the oil pan. Not hard once you get the correct tools. I installed everything (injectors and FIC) and had it towed to the tuner.

Drifter,

I have the upgraded clutch already and have the JDM short gears w/ NSX-R final and diff conversion. Any chance someone has short gears with this kit and can comment? I don't want to effect the balance of the car. (for example nothing until 5k then it wants to rip the wheels off the car) looking for a setup that has more low end torque that is consistent threw out the RPM range. I like the simple setup of Wills kit, and i will be installing it myself as well. For me its part of the process. I enjoy it.

Will short gears effect the torque curve?

Last edited:
Drifter,
I don't think any turbo's will put out "nothing until 5k" The smaller turbo's sized between 58 and 62 will give you full boost between 3200 and 3500.
Your short gears will really help you pull out of corners but as you know, you will have to shift into 4th somewhere just north of 100mph. Someone will be along soon
that has short gears and tracks. Either way, once you go FI you will wonder how you ever raced with it.

Angus you mentioned you had jets/nozzles for sale for the AEM water meth? PM me

I just got my kit up and running. The plumbing was not too bad just needed help with the wiring. I'm not the best when it comes to wiring electronics.
420hp @6psi. Honestly, it would have been nice to have directions but I was able to figure it out with the pictures on prime. A quality kit.

Last edited:
Is this kit available with a 91-94 Y pipe? Also, where are you tapping into the engone to get oil? ie oil filter sandwich, teeing oil oil sending unit.Does the wastegate dump to atmosphere or into the exhaust?

I just got my kit up and running. The plumbing was not too bad just needed help with the wiring. I'm not the best when it comes to wiring electronics.
420hp @6psi. Honestly, it would have been nice to have directions but I was able to figure it out with the pictures on prime. A quality kit.

420HP @ 6PSI for a 3.0 is great! Are you running cats with that setup?

Is this kit available with a 91-94 Y pipe? Also, where are you tapping into the engone to get oil? ie oil filter sandwich, teeing oil oil sending unit.Does the wastegate dump to atmosphere or into the exhaust?

I do not and will not make a Y-pipe for the 91-94 headers, the flex sections on them can fail even on N/A applications - if you really want to run 91-94 manifolds, I can source you some 95-96 downpipes and you can install them to your manifolds.

The oil is tee'd from the oil sending unit - and yes the wastegate is dumped to the atmosphere as standard but can be plumbed back upon request (although the sound is nothing like 4 cyl. cars you have most likely heard, there are many videos of my kit on youtube so you can hear them)

- - - Updated - - -

I almost forgot you were running cats! Congrats on the great results!

BTW - the last kit shipped was #56 since 2007!

Returned your PM, let me know id you got it.

Since you have the BBSC with EMS, you can buy my "tuner" kit and retain your EMS and injectors.

Back